It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A male backlash against #MeToo is brewing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yep i agree 100%

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
edit on 6-2-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Just because you clearly had an issue with previous men in your life, doesn't mean that ALL women feel that way. It could have even been yourself, that is to blame for your past history of failed relationships with men. You do come off as a bit rough around the edges.
edit on 6-2-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

christ almightly take a chill pill

There are women out there falsley accusing men
There are men out there who deserve to be accused by women

Whats going on now is insane, #meetoo is going to do more harm than good

Offices wont want to hire women in the future, they're too scared the ladies will feel hard done by then go on a crusade burning all those in front of her. Men wont ever ask a woman her name or try to buy her a drink in fear of being attacked as a sexual assaulter

The thing is, its mostly the younger generation of women who are carrying on like spoilt crybaby attention seeking maniacs. Grow up, live a little longer, see that not all is AGAINST you and not all is SEXUALLY ATTACKING YOU. Sometimes a guy wants to buy you a drink and say hi, learn your name... sometimes a guy touches your back for the most innocent of reasons.. sometimes a guy is looking at you because he thinks your pretty not because he's planning to rape you.

its feminism gone mental - ladies can accept it or not but its a mans world purley because we are animals in the kingdom and strength / power reigns supreme. Our sense of reasoning, mutual respect, decency and humanity are what keeps us in balance.

If you continue to jump all over men because of your personal issues and anxiety - you'll only end up in a worse position in the years to come.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: DBCowboy

I got shouted at in a shopping centre (mall) for holding the door for a young lady after I went through she shouted "I don't need your help!" everyone looked and I just stood there door in hand looking like a plonker.
I was brought up to hold doors for anyone behind me.
Different age I suppose.

I had a similar experience many years ago. What did I do? I slammed the door in her face and walked away. When she caught up with me she screamed at me about how I was "no gentleman", to which I replied.

"That may be, but then, YOU are no lady. A lady would have simply said no thank you, or actually thanked me. Considering I would have held the door for anyone but a real bitch."

Any other bloke would have just laughed that off and never thought anything of it

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Have you ever seen a hen party?

I've seen some public behaviour that has shocked me.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
When you try to solve problems you think you have, rather than addressing the ones you actually have, you end up in unexpected places.
edit on 6-2-2018 by BrokenGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: nightbringr

Bull. The stigma is still there. Especially in show business.

Who in show business has been wrongly stigmatized besides Ansari who it seems everyone is supporting.

Here is a recent example of someone who nearly had his (quite considerable) career destroyed by a false accusation...Ryan Seacrest.

In November, I received a letter from a lawyer representing a former show stylist. She claimed that I mistreated her more than a decade ago when we worked together. This arrived during an unprecedented public reckoning by women in our industry and beyond, courageously coming forward to share their stories, many of them heartbreaking.

To have my workplace conduct questioned was gut-wrenching. I’ve always aimed to treat all of my colleagues with honesty, respect, kindness and compassion. Yet, I knew, regardless of the confidence I had that there was no merit to the allegations, my name would likely soon appear on the lists of those suspected of despicable words and deeds. The pressures of our overflowing newsfeeds would insist on it.

After sharing the letter with the network, I publicly denied the claims against me, and agreed to participate in any inquiry the network deemed appropriate. On Feb. 1, I received notice that an independent third party found the claims to be unsubstantiated and that there was no evidence of wrongdoing on my part.

Ryan Seacrest Almost Sunk

Interestingly, he was afforded a form a due process (which I have advocated for here), which eventually cleared his name...although that still took a few months to sort itself out. Unfortunately, though, the accused/accuser's names were not kept confidential while the accusation was being addressed by an impartial examiner.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Thing is it works both ways. There are women who abuse men I know my ex wife beat the crap out of me often, I attempted to get help with my first and got laughed at and told to man up by a doctor.
My Dad used to batter my Mum and I always said I would never hit a woman so I never fought back just took it til she got tired and then started to cry (her not me).
Mind you always a silver lining to it is that I take a lot of beatings in my job and it doesn't bother me anymore , she toughened me up lol.
The blooming witch...Red hair never again.
edit on 6-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

That's BS and you know it.

Innocent men ARE being victimized by this. Accusations are being treated as is an actual crime was just proved. We are innocent until proven guilty in my country.

If you think this movement has not been weaponized, you are very ignorant of the real world.

I watched a friend of mine get sent to jail for 6 months for "assaulting" a woman who PURPOSEFULLY stepped in front of his car as he pulled away TRYING to get away from her crazy shenanigans. I watched the entire incident. She told him she was going to do it, and we had multiple witnesses (including two women who lived across the street who didn't know anyone involved) who heard her and saw her do it. Granted, this is not sexual assault, but it's the same scenario. Cops were called, they arrested him despite witnesses saying she stepped in front of his car on purpose.

He was parked along the curb, was only trying to leave the situation, she wasn't done with her psycho outburst, and as he left, she stepped off the curb, BARELY made contact with his car, and fell over screaming. The cops said (and I quote) "I believe you sir, but my hands are tied here. She made the claim, we HAVE to arrest him." I said, "But I saw it happen, it didn't go the way she said, you have 5 others who verify this, and you're still taking an innocent man to jail?" the response "Yes sir." This is still on his record, it has prevented him from getting a job, got him kicked out of his public assisted housing. And generally ruined his life since. He spent a further 4 years on probation after his release. All because of a false allegation.

So yeah, backlash is warranted.

People are taking a person's word as proof when it's hearsay, pure and simple.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
This is all symptomatic from a couple generations of broken families and young girls growing up with either a rotation of daddies or none at all.

I used to joke how easy it is to get laid in todays world. All the girls in their 20's with daddy issues just looking for mr. Goodbar.

But it isn't funny!
These movements will set women back. I am not sure what kind of imagination is required here but is it really being touted that women do not lie about sex?
When it comes to daddy issues this is one absolute. Women lie about sex. Women with daddy issues seriously lie about sex. Sluts claim to be good girls and good girls are very rare. And they all fall for bad boys as a rule. Alphas are their desire and their targets when scorned.
An alpha widow with daddy issues is a very scary woman.

Women lie as a rule. Women with daddy issues lie with venom.
It was for a time free love for men with this sexual climate but it has gone toxic. We have a society full of estranged women with daddy issues that have learned to manipulate men and the system to get what they want.
And now we are supposed to believe them when it comes to sex and their use of it in MANIPULATING and gaming the system.
Funny, it was just a century ago their testimony wasn't even accepted in court because lying was so recognized in women.
So now we have a sexual revolution with alpha men with no constraints and women with daddy issues percieved as virtuous truthtellers unable to lie about sex. What can go wrong?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Here is a recent example of someone who nearly had his (quite considerable) career destroyed by a false accusation...Ryan Seacrest.

On Feb. 1, I received notice that an independent third party found the claims to be unsubstantiated and that there was no evidence of wrongdoing on my part.

My question was simple:

Who in show business has been wrongly stigmatized besides Ansari who it seems everyone is supporting.

If he was cleared then he was not wrongly stigmatized.

Interestingly, he was afforded a form a due process (which I have advocated for here), which eventually cleared his name...although that still took a few months to sort itself out. Unfortunately, though, the accused/accuser's names were not kept confidential while the accusation was being addressed by an impartial examiner.

Do you realize that 'due process' is in reference to criminal procedures brought by the state or civil cases brought by private citizens and how the laws and government function within them? Neither is part of your above example.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

WTF man? Do you really believe the crap you typed or are you trolling?

It's far more common for males to rape or molest people than it is for females to lie about being raped or molested. In fact, males are far more likely to commit crimes in general than females are (eta: false accusations of rape is a crime). Look at the crime stats for virtually every crime category and you'll see that males make up the vast majority of criminals in virtually every case. That goes for violent crimes like murders, robberies, and domestic violence; white collar crimes, drug sales, membership in organized crime groups, drug dealing & drug manufacturing, war crimes, terrorist attacks, etc.

And on top of that, males in virtually every demographic have had massive rape, pedophilia, and/or sexual abuse scandals. That goes for the entire Catholic Church's upper echelon, many Jewish sects (like Brooklyn's Haredi Jewish sex abuse epidemic), and even the Muslim Afghan child sex slaves. The US military has a massive rape crisis ongoing right now, including males being raped by other males. Hollywood is known for its rampant sexual abuse and pressured "casting couch" situations, even with famous actresses. And the US prison system is literally infamous because of its male on male rape epidemic.

But no, you want to blame the victims here? If anything, males are the untrustworthy ones when it comes to sexuality. If a women covers up "too much", guys may chastise and mock her for being too prudish or religious (like the religious women who like to cover up). But if a woman shows "too much", guys will also chastise her for being slutty while also blaming her if they aren't able to control their own lust.

At what point will other guys have to man up and admit it's their own lack of control that's causing most of these problems? If you like my shirt and decide to steal it, is it my fault? No! It's your fault because your uncivilized ass can't control your impulses. If you like my house and decide to break into it, is it my fault? No! It's your fault because you couldn't control your own impulses! Men aren't entitled to women's bodies and we have absolutely no right to touch them without their permission.

I swear some of you dude's act like you have no game, sense of romance, or even any common sense.
edit on 6-2-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Women potentially lying isnt the point of the OP......

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
For years I was told its better for 100 guilty people to go free, than have 1 innocent sit in jail unjustly. (this came from the left type folks)

Now I am being told that its better for a few innocent to have their lives ruined than risk letting 1 guilty go free... so when did the left get all authoritarian on crime?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Currently, one can go to CNN, claim they were abused, and without any due process, the media can then smear your name about, assuring that you are fired or worse.

Is someone preventing those people from filing false accusation charges against the accusers?

That's the other part that people rarely talk about. If the accusations really are false, the accused can always press charges or take it to civil court for restitution. Slander and libel laws are tailor made for situations where lies have the potential to irreparably damage a person's social or legal standing.

Instead, many of the accused are flat out admitting that they did do what they were accused of doing (like Mario Batali). And others pay huge settlements specifically so they don't have to admit guilt (like O'Reilly's alleged $32 million settlement to a single person). If someone really feels like they're being unfairly smeared or accused of something that they didn't commit, they should fight it in court & seek due process.

That sounds all well and good in a perfect world, but in reality once a persons name has been publicly associated with words like "rape, sexual assault" etc etc it's with them for life. Even if eventually cleared the damage has most likely been done because people in general still believe in the old saying "where there is smoke, there is fire" especially these days.

I wish what you said was true, and it should be, but that is not the world we find ourselves in these days.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
TRIGGERED

We are all victims in this. You cannot see the forest for the trees.
I both made my point and trolled the f out of you and your kind.

This is just one of the symptoms CREATED after breaking up the family structure.
You see cause, I see symptom.

You see victim, I see victims.
You spend all your time creating negative stereotypes to champion your agenda.
I say empower those that seek to do right. There are many more good men than there are bad. I say exemplify the role of men in their good and refocus on engineering society from the inside out through family. Empower good men to be good fathers. Allow women to be good mothers.
Use good role models.
And mock and troll the f out of the sjw retards that seek and destroy all that is good.
Hollywood sucks. They are YOUR role models. They deserve to reap their own whirlwind. They promoted your perception and whether you know it or not, your post reflects it. a reply to: enlightenedservant

I guess it requires a disclaimer for those that simply cannot get it.
In no way am I saying rape and molestation do not happen. Of course it does. I certainly never used those words. I used SEX as the topic. And the #metoo thing is about sex, not rape and molestation. It is about giving women ALL the power in the sexual game. And for most women who are sexually active it is all about game. For men there are only around 15% who are sexually active and running game.
Statistics show almost half the men get NOTHING from women. You simply cannot throw men under the bus after generations of only sleeping with alphas. The family model actually works and needs to be promoted
edit on 6-2-2018 by bulwarkz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Ahhh! I get it, you assume they are all guilty before they are even tried.

Ohhh, you caught me! However in many of these cases; Cosby, Weinstein, Spacey, etc, I tend to believe the victims.

Which I am allowed to do despite the anguish it may cause you.

And I agree with those. I simply believe there is a system In place and it should be used.

If you believe a man I guilty before his trial, that is your prerogative. Let's all just breathe a sign of relief that you are not a judge and pray you are not asked to do jury duty.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

And I agree with those. I simply believe there is a system In place and it should be used.

Except I don't see any of these accused scumbuckets using the system, almost all readily admitted to their behavior and did not file a countervailing civil suit for defamation nor did the authorities file any false accusations charges. Why is that? Rhetorical.

If you believe a man I guilty before his trial, that is your prerogative. Let's all just breathe a sign of relief that you are not a judge and pray you are not asked to do jury duty.

I can have my opinion up to the time I am summoned. I have been on juries before where we all initially thought the person was guilty and then found them not guilty. In one case I am certain something happened but the State did not prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. I know how the system works, it may have flaws but the vast majority of the time it works.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dmvr34

"In a perfect world"? In a perfect world we wouldn't have rapes or molestation in the first place. Instead, we have a world where politicians use taxpayer money to pay hush money to their sexual assault victims. We also have religious organizations using donated money to settle molestation, pedophilia, and rape cases. We also have politicians and celebs outright admitting that they committed the acts that they're accused of committing.

If these guys are innocent, they can always press charges or file lawsuits for "false accusations of rape" (a crime) or for libel and/or slander. The remedies for these can be anything from injunctions & gag orders to time in jail for the false accuser to large financial restitution for any perceived losses due to the false accusations. But instead, they're paying out hush money and choosing to resign rather than to fight to clear their own names, even when they have financial incentives to clear their names. Why would an innocent person do that?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join