It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A male backlash against #MeToo is brewing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
For years I was told its better for 100 guilty people to go free, than have 1 innocent sit in jail unjustly. (this came from the left type folks)

Now I am being told that its better for a few innocent to have their lives ruined than risk letting 1 guilty go free... so when did the left get all authoritarian on crime?

That's an ironic example and ratio you used. Are you aware of former Vice President Dick Cheney's "1% Doctrine" after 9/11? It states the exact opposite of what you just said, even down to the 100 & 1 example, and he's by all accounts a right winger. For those who don't know, Cheney's 1% policy basically claimed that if there was even a 1% chance that the person was a terrorist, we had to treat them like a terrorist. That policy was used to justify many aspects of our War on Terror.

So it's ironic that you're blaming the left for this mindset when the right has openly embraced it to protect Americans since at least 2001. But I guess that claim of wanting to protect Americans doesn't including protecting American women and children from the sexual predators in their own country, huh? Hypocrites!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I was not looking for an argument, in fact I even said that I wish what you said was true, but clearly you are not interested in
the thoughts I had.
The fact is, that people are quick to anger but very slow to forgive, so once a person is labeled a "insert derogatory word here" it tends to stick with you for a long time.
The "perfect world" adage is true for most facets of life, so please don't use things out of it's context.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You pretend that corruption should not be prosecuted. why?a reply to: enlightenedservant

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: nightbringr

And I agree with those. I simply believe there is a system In place and it should be used.

Except I don't see any of these accused scumbuckets using the system, almost all readily admitted to their behavior and did not file a countervailing civil suit for defamation nor did the authorities file any false accusations charges. Why is that? Rhetorical.

You kidding me? You're smarter than that. You have any idea how it would look for one of these men to counter sue? The lynch mob will simply see this as a man who has harassed a woman now suing her, adding insult to injury. You obviously believe they are all guilty, then suing back is going to do nothing to change your mind.

You do if course realise their lawyers (very good ones considering what these stars have to pay them), would have told them to counter -sue if it was in their clients better interest?

I wonder. What criminal behavior have them men admitted? I know tons of them have admitted to being booish, but which ones have admitted they raped someone or committed a real crime? Care to share?
edit on 6-2-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You kidding me? You're smarter than that. You have any idea how it would look for one of these men to counter sue?

It would look like they were defending themselves from false allegations.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I may be conservative, that does not mean I am in favor of the patriot act, or anything Cheney wanted done.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You kidding me? You're smarter than that. You have any idea how it would look for one of these men to counter sue?

No, it would look vengeful and not help them one bit, or their overpaid lawyers would have sued already, you know this.

You mentioned many of these men admitted their crimes. I wonder. What criminal behavior have these men admitted? I know tons of them have admitted to being booish, but which ones have admitted they raped someone or committed a real crime? Care to share? 

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

No, it would look vengeful and not help them one bit, or their overpaid lawyers would have sued already, you know this.

It's your call what you do if you are falsely accused of something. Me? I don't have a spine made of Jell-O.

You mentioned many of these men admitted their crimes. I wonder. What criminal behavior have these men admitted? I know tons of them have admitted to being booish, but which ones have admitted they raped someone or committed a real crime? Care to share? 

Start with Lewis C.K. and Spacey, the former admitted he did not allow the women to leave and the latter fobbed it off on his drunkenness.

edit on 6-2-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
My question is - what would the proper response be?

I'm glad that women feel empowered to speak out against abuse. But I can't help but sympathize with men because of false allegations. They do happen.

Already there are conversations about how the relationship between men and women in the professional world will change in the face of this movement. Good can come of this. So long as we can keep a level head about it, use common sense, and respect for both sides.

Men should have to defend themselves from false allegations. Especially if they really didn't do it. Because I realize there are also people who will slither their way out by the way of lawyering up.

The deception works both ways.

So my question then is - what is the proper response? How should men react when they sincerely have been wronged? And what can we do to ensure this doesn't happen again?
edit on 6-2-2018 by PhantomOrion because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Agreed ... but with the number of complaints against them it

would be hard to find any witnesses to vouch for their integrity?

Anyway when these cases are proved in court and the purpetrators are

sentenced they still never admit to a raping but rather admit themselves

to a clinic for sex addiction .....

That in itself to me speaks volumes.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Agreed ... but with the number of complaints against them it

would be hard to find any witnesses to vouch for their integrity?

There are obviously a significant number that have what apepars to be a deonstrated history of abuse, assualt and misconduct.

I doubt anyone will risk themselves in court for those douches.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: DBCowboy

I got shouted at in a shopping centre (mall) for holding the door for a young lady after I went through she shouted "I don't need your help!" everyone looked and I just stood there door in hand looking like a plonker.
I was brought up to hold doors for anyone behind me.
Different age I suppose.

I had a similar experience many years ago. What did I do? I slammed the door in her face and walked away. When she caught up with me she screamed at me about how I was "no gentleman", to which I replied.

"That may be, but then, YOU are no lady. A lady would have simply said no thank you, or actually thanked me. Considering I would have held the door for anyone but a real bitch."

Any other bloke would have just laughed that off and never thought anything of it

Well, if she truly wanted equal treatment, she got it. As she treated me the same way I treated her. If she was more polite, then she would have gotten that in return. There is no excuse for rudeness toward someone offering a helping hand. Unless, of course, there is a personal agenda assumed by them that does not exist.

Just because one more more men treat women like dish rags does NOT mean all men will. Just like all women are not bitches and batcrap crazy, even though many are.

Someone wants to be rude and mean to me, they will get it reflected back.
Someone wants to treat me with respect and kindness, they will get it reflected back.

To me, equal means equal.

edit on 2/6/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Well, if she truly wanted equal treatment, she got it. As she treated me the same way I treated her. If she was more polite, then she would have gotten that in return. There is no excuse for rudeness toward someone offering a helping hand. Unless, if course, there is a personal agenda assumed by them that does not exist.
Just because one more more men treat women like dish rages does NOT mean all men will. Just like all women are not bitches and batcrap crazy, even though many are.
Someone wants to treat me with respect and kindness, they will get it reflected back.
To me, equal means equal.

Bad manners are not the prerogative of any particular sex.

However the #Me too movement is far greater than just plain

bad manners.......It is about the misuse of power and the use of sexual

subjugation to gain their own lustful satisfaction.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was sexually harassed via text today by a colleague. Did I make a fuss. No. Did I report it. No.

Why didn't I? Because I am adult enough to tell him his behaviour is inappropriate and set the boundaries. If he goes any further and crosses the line then I will break his nose.

Old fashioned and to the point. I don't need Twitter to fight my battles. He's just a sad guy looking to try his luck. I find his behaviour no more appalling than the women I work with who bitch mercilessly behind everyones backs.

I hate what feminism has become. I actually feel sorry for men. You can't do anything right, ever. I couldn't survive in a totally feminised world...more women need to read self made man by Norah Vincent. Maybe then we would see that men and women are both human and this entire crappy victim narrative western women are pushing out is just utter drivel. We don't have it bad. We have it good.
edit on 6-2-2018 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

this entire crappy victim narrative western women are pushing out is just utter drivel
"puritanical drivel" !!! a reply to: selfharmonise

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise

Why didn't I? Because I am adult enough to tell him his behaviour is inappropriate and set the boundaries. If he goes any further and crosses the line then I will break his nose.

And ^^^^that^^^^ is the crux...... These predators mostly in a position of

power do not prey on mature adults. They prey on the young inexperienced

and vulnerable.

Most or many are 'historical' cases from years ago when, they felt at that time

that they *would not be believed* or *that they had asked for it* which would

have been the consensus at that time.

The now 'adults' of the #Me too were much younger and vulnerable

when it happened to them, and because it is now out in the open and no longer

considered someone's dirty little secret ...... The future will be safer for them??

Incidently lets not forget the young men who have also been abused in the music

and acting industry, some of who's lives have through the trauma ended up in

drug addiction and suicide.
edit on 6-2-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: Painterz

christ almightly take a chill pill

There are women out there falsley accusing men
There are men out there who deserve to be accused by women

Whats going on now is insane, #meetoo is going to do more harm than good

Offices wont want to hire women in the future, they're too scared the ladies will feel hard done by then go on a crusade burning all those in front of her. Men wont ever ask a woman her name or try to buy her a drink in fear of being attacked as a sexual assaulter

Just hire older and uglier women.

The problem is that men discriminate against certain types of women.

Men like being around younger and better looking women.

And these are the sources of all the problems.

So, when making hollywood movies, cast all the roles for the ugliest women you can find, and avoid all the beautiful young girls. Then, with hollywood's mastery of make-up and special effects, you can turn those ugly women into beauties if required on the set, while in real life no man will want to tackle them romantically.

If all corporations and businesses focus on just the ugly, this problem would be solved.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm not bothering to read any of this, so maybe it's been said, but if not- here's my answer:

Extremely realistic sex dolls/sex robots.

Eventually enough men will be taken out of the dating pool (& groping pool) and many problems will be greatly diminished.

Just need to keep flooding the markets, making improvements, and reducing the cost to reach all of mankind.

Perhaps there was a conspiracy to hold this concept back due to reduction in population, which would be considered a threat to national security. Now that it's known that A.I. will in fact make a large percentage of us obsolete it only makes sense to start the population control right now. The me too campaign certainly can help the robo-woman idea. Now if I can just find where I can buy stock in the industry.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: apdjbs1
Now if I can just find where I can buy stock in the industry.

Same place you buy stocks for everything else.

Just tell them that you are sin stock friendly, or even preferred.

But! Don't forget to do your own research first. There is a bit of a race going on right now in that specific market, and the winner is going to win big. Hopefully, for you!

edit on 7-2-2018 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Offices won't want to hire women? Why is it not, offices won't want to hire men? The bias is unconscious even in this statement.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join