It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A male backlash against #MeToo is brewing

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Of the people I know there are at least 3 men who have been abused by women (physically, emotionally and financially).
I know zero women abused by men.
Some people here seem to think abuse can happen one way with men being the guilty party.
That is exactly the kind of absolutist mindset held by Nazis, Communists and religious fundamentalists.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Of the people I know there are at least 3 men who have been abused by women (physically, emotionally and financially).
I know zero women abused by men.
Some people here seem to think abuse can happen one way with men being the guilty party.
That is exactly the kind of absolutist mindset held by Nazis, Communists and religious fundamentalists.

So because you don't know any women who've been abused by women or who are willing to tell you about it, that makes people like me wrong?

And sure women can be abusive too. But statistically speaking, men are always far more likely to commit crimes than women. That holds true regardless of the countries, ideologies, institutions, and crimes in question (except shoplifting and child abuse, which typically have slight female majorities).

The reason people are pointing out the male dominated nature of this crap is because of the male dominated nature of this crap. Look at all of the public figures who are being outed by MeToo. What's the male perpetrator to female perpetrator ratio? Then look at systemic abuses like the global Catholic Church pedophilia scandal; the New York Haredi Jewish child abuse scandal; the Afghan child sex slave scandal, etc. What's the male perpetrator to female perpetrator ratio? Both the US military and the US prison system are in the middle of massive sexual abuse epidemics. Can you guess which gender is responsible for the vast majority of the incidences?

Oh & 2 more things. First, when men are getting sexually abused by women, they have the same legal remedies that women do. They can file criminal charges against the woman, file a civil lawsuit against her, or file a company complaint if it's misconduct related to a work environment. If they're not using the system to seek justice, then who's fault is that? And second, you're really going to compare us to Nazis now? Really?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think that there will be new workplace rules in the near future to help prevent unwanted attention from someone else.

Even when I started work in the 1970s it was common to have open door meetings or have a secretary present to "take notes"

When you had your work reviews, there was always an HR person present to make sure that thinks were done according to the book.

It was all men in my office that did travel for work (engineers) but even then you got your own hotel room. We did however share cars.

No one wants to protect those people who are predators. So how will your company, in the future, arrange things so there will not be unwanted attention issues?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yea, and like the Devil's pet, your slamming your head into a wall?

That depends on if ones actions really do speak louder then the results? I could go to jail far longer because of fist fight, then raping someone in my knock of the woods?

Must I bring religion and all it sins as well? Would me saying I beleive in the death penalty help soothe your nerves.

edit on 9-5-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

edit on 9-5-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

And sure women can be abusive too. But statistically speaking, men are always far more likely to commit crimes than women. That holds true regardless of the countries, ideologies, institutions, and crimes in question (except shoplifting and child abuse, which typically have slight female majorities).

Well, you're excluding female teachers raping junior high boys. Which is a huge thing. No statistics are compiled thanks to the NEA making sure that the FBI doesn't clock those things. But yeah, Mary Kay La Turneau was the watershed case. And remember the boy's guardians were laughed out of court, first by their DA, then by judges. The defense kept saying "he wanted it." As if minors can give meaningful consent, especially to a power-holder like a teacher...

The reason people are pointing out the male dominated nature of this crap is because of the male dominated nature of this crap.

True enough. But like I just pointed out, maybe the problem is not the testosterone levels, but the unequal power relationships with no referee. Maybe the real problem is the abuse by power-holders. (many of whom are men), and not just one, "problematic gender".

Oh & 2 more things. First, when men are getting sexually abused by women, they have the same legal remedies that women do.

No, they don't. Every jurisdiction of the USA has a "safe place" for women and shelter seeking refuge from abuse. There are no halfway houses for males. When I was a LEO, I saw a male who presented himself with fresh wounds at the local precinct headquarters. he begged for a halfway house, or to be put in jail for protective custody. They laughed at him, told him to man up and drive himself to the ER.

His wife beat him to death 4 months later.

They can file criminal charges against the woman, file a civil lawsuit against her, or file a company complaint if it's misconduct related to a work environment. If they're not using the system to seek justice, then who's fault is that?

Well, if the system is broken when women try to use it.... It's probably still broken when a man needs the system. Or does it not matter if the vic has "problematic gender"?
edit on 10-5-2018 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There's clearly a lot of heat on both sides. I avoid trouble by treating every woman I meet as if she were my sister, daughter or mother (until there is a clear reason to proceed further).

I miss sex and dating in the 80's. Everyone had real game and we actually liked and looked out for one another (for the most part).

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join