It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing evidence of Atlantis kept from the public

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesushere

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Well gee, if some youtuber says it, it MUST be true!

That doesn't make it untrue though...

I'm not gonna watch the vids, but the hypothesis of the existence of Atlantis is untrue, so...

Harte

Plato described Atlantis as a real place. People today just assume he was writing a play and the place never existed. But people forget he was describing locations that do exist, introduced real dates for when this place existed, and real people in Greece and Egypt are mentioned in his workings. Called Atlantis may not be accurate, but I would rule out there was a place that fitted this description sometime in the past. The most likely place for this sunken or destroyed city is somewhere off the Coast of Spain, Americas or the British Isles. If I was betting man I pick a place the Greeks knew and would have to fit in with their understood knowledge of the known world.

Plato described Zeus and Poseidon as real gods too. In the same dialogue.

Plato used that "it's the truth" literary device in other dialogues as well.

Plato also employed what he called the "noble lie" to teach lessons to the youth of his time. You can read about it in Plato's "Republic."

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Pulleys..Hard work,time,manpower and organization..Humans are pretty smart if we work together at a common goal.

LOL!!

Ya right.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: burgerbuddy

exactly the egyptians wrote down everything , so where are the detailed architectural drawings they made and the maths they used to calculate the loads , the load bearing structures etc ! The geometric calculations .

Or do they exist ?

Did you get an answer yet on where all the architectural drawings are?

Hey! I heard they found the drunks for Imhotep graffiti on the back of a rock.

No way it could have been put there after it was built, right?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

funny yeh I know , I mean we have documents from Egypt on surgical operations on the brain cavity and the skull !

but we dont have drawings on the pyramids construction or how they done it !

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

funny yeh I know , I mean we have documents from Egypt on surgical operations on the brain cavity and the skull !

This explains a lot.

"In the absence of a paradigm..all of the facts that could possibly pertain to the development of a given science are likely to seem equally relevant"

-Thomas Kuhn

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

All the information is verifiable by multiple sources with evidence supporting everything.

Well seeing as the OP failed maybe you can post the answers to these 2 questions

Is there any new evidence in these videos about the existence of Atlantis as an actual place?

What is the evidence that this is being covered up?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andre18

The evidence is the colonies of what was left from atlantis, that grew into these ancient cultures, as well as what was left behind from them in the from of a legacy of monuments.

So that's a No.

Not surprising.

the secrecy of ancient monuments being kept from public view, the lack of archaeologists stepping forward with new ideas as to how the pyramids were built since the current theories remain impractical and have even been proven so.

These are not secret, the latch on the Sphinx, its not a secret, its know by anyone that studies the monument.

Yes , its not widely know by the public but does the whole public study Egyptology and study the monuments?

No, hence why its not commonly known.

How the pyramids were built is all known and explained, no reason for experts in the field to repeat whats already known.

As it's well known Atlantis is the ancient civilization that presumably predates our modern understanding of human history.

since there is no new evidence that suggests the place actually existed then I guess you could say its speculated but not well known, whats known is what was written about Atlantis and by whom.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

having watched all of the videos there is no mention of atlantis in them !

no new evidence !

As for the the latch on the sphinx, Ive been an avid fan of Egyptology since I was a child and ive never read about that once in any book ive ever read about Egyptology or heard about it from anyone else.
I understand that just because I havent experienced it doesnt mean that it does not exist

it's interesting to know its there that is for sure, as for the internal chambers is that reality ?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Yes we do. Of course we do.

www.history.com...

www.smithsonianmag.com...

www.dogonews.com...

www.forbes.com...://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbressan/2017/09/28/papyrus-reveals-from-where-the-rocks-used-to-build-t he-great-pyramid-came-from/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

Ah, you get it....

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I still think Atlantis was the name of both the continent (South America) AND the city (the Altiplano, in Brazil).
This location pretty much nails it on all points, for me...

www.atlantisbolivia.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I'm not gonna watch the vids, but the hypothesis of the existence of Atlantis is untrue, so...

Harte

Plato described Atlantis as a real place. People today just assume he was writing a play and the place never existed. But people forget he was describing locations that do exist, introduced real dates for when this place existed, and real people in Greece and Egypt are mentioned in his workings. Called Atlantis may not be accurate, but I would rule out there was a place that fitted this description sometime in the past. The most likely place for this sunken or destroyed city is somewhere off the Coast of Spain, Americas or the British Isles. If I was betting man I pick a place the Greeks knew and would have to fit in with their understood knowledge of the known world.

Are there any other ancient sources for Atlantis?

The ancient world knew each other and there was an extensive trade network.......but no other accounts of Atlantis, apart from Plato. Surely that is telling?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

The ancient world knew each other and there was an extensive trade network.......but no other accounts of Atlantis, apart from Plato. Surely that is telling?

I strongly suspect there was in fact more, much more information on that subject and many others. It was called the Library of Alexandria. But sadly for humanity it was intentionally destroyed. Though it has been discovered some literary works were copied, and some even recovered in other locations.

Now, the same thing is being done with the Sumerian tablets. Why do you think Iraq is continually bombed? The tablets that have been recovered are conveniently scattered around the world in different museums. The story they tell, is the same, taken out of context.

I suspect much of the historical evidence that has been recovered, has been mis-identified, intentionally.

So in short

Sumerian tablets
Yes, but it all depends on how you read it.

The Great Historical Cover-Up

www.youtube.com...

And yes, they HATE Youtube.

ADDED: More evidence of corruption within Archaeology

This video attempts to explain some very complicated archaeological findings throughout history that contradict the history books. The work can be debated by historians, archaeologists and academicians everywhere in order to arrive at historical truths which have been held in suspension for centuries. Contains a full gambit of questions and theories to ponder. How can the rapid rise of Sumerian Civilization be explained. Are we the Ancient Aliens? Was Plato’s Atlantis Fact or Fiction? Was there a great race of Giants that ruled North America? What is the secret of white powder gold? What are the puzzling ancient artifacts found all over the globe ? Don't miss this phenomenal venture into the beginnings of ancient history, into the beginnings of an alternative history, an extensive survey that includes a mass of well-documented scientific and historical texts and sources. It will change the way you view the origins of mankind and the current state of society.

edit on PMTuesdayTuesday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago11212 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

edit on PMTuesdayTuesday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago13212 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

But the fire accidentally started by the Romans destroyed some of the libraries warehouses rather than the library itself. Yes, there were further attacks but not for many centuries during which the library was open to all to study.......and yet no other references to Atlantis appear.

And, much more importantly, there were numerous other centres of knowledge and learning during this period - the library of Alexandria is simply the largest and most famous.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There is evidence...but so long ago, and the Egyptians were the main ones writing it down.
You can see animals and peoples depicted of African heritage, yet in South America, before history shows a meeting.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Then just make your own thread versus second guessing OP’s summary.

Warning us that you’re going to be a jerk doesn’t make up for you actually being a jerk.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Harte

There were some other sources that survived the destruction of the Library of Alexandria.

From Diodorus Siculus (90–30 BCE),
The Library of History:
Book 3, Chapter 4:
“The Atlantides inhabited a rich country
bordering upon the ocean, and were esteemed
to excel all their neighbors in civil reception
and entertainment of strangers; and they
boast that the gods were born among them.”2
Book 5, Chapter 15:
“In a word, this island is so delightful that
it appears to be the abode of the Gods rather
than of human beings.”

And...

From Herodotus (ca. 480–420 BCE),
The Histories:
“From the Garmantians at a distance
again of ten days’ journey there is another
hill of salt and spring of water, and the people
dwelling round it are called Atarantians, who
alone of all human beings about whom we
know are nameless; for while all taken
together have the name Atarantians, each
separate man and woman of them has no
name given to them. These utter curses against
the Sun when he is at his height, and moreover
revile the sun with all manner of foul terms,
because it oppresses them by its burning heat,
both themselves and their land. After this at a
distance of ten days’ journey there is another
hill of salt and spring of water, and people
dwell round it. Near this salt hill is a mountain
named Atlas, which is small in circuit and
rounded on every side; and so exceedingly lofty
is it said to be, that it is not possible to see its
summits, for clouds never leave them either in
the summer or in the winter. This, the natives
say, is the pillar of the heavens. After this
mountain these received their name, for they are
called Atlanteans; and it is said that they neither
eat anything that has life nor have any dreams.”

And...

From Aelian ( 175-235 CE)
from The Nature of Animals:
“. . . Those living near the Ocean tell the
tale that the ancient Atlantean Kings, tracing
their lineage from Neptune (Poseidon), wore
bands made from the sea–rams upon their
heads, as an imperial insignia, while the
queens likewise wore circlets made from the
female sea–rams.”

Note that all 3 of these men were highly regarded in their time, and would certainly be considered "mainstream."

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

a reply to: All Seeing Eye

But the fire accidentally started by the Romans destroyed some of the libraries warehouses rather than the library itself. Yes, there were further attacks but not for many centuries during which the library was open to all to study.......and yet no other references to Atlantis appear.

And, much more importantly, there were numerous other centres of knowledge and learning during this period - the library of Alexandria is simply the largest and most famous.
Yes, true. If you read the following it does give alternative explanations as to what might have happened.
The destruction of the Great Library of Alexandria

However, in one of the greatest tragedies of the academic world, the Library became lost to history and scholars are still not able to agree on how it was destroyed.

The second possible culprit would be the Christians of the 4 th century AD. In 391 AD, the Emperor Theodosius issued a decree that officially outlawed pagan practices.

The last possible perpetrator of this crime would be the Muslim Caliph, Omar. According to this story, a certain “John Grammaticus” (490–570) asks Amr, the victorious Muslim general, for the “books in the royal library." Amr writes to the Omar for instructions and Omar replies: "If those books are in agreement with the Quran, we have no need of them; and if these are opposed to the Quran, destroy them.”

Religion, regardless of variety, seems to have played a part in it, maybe even both working in concert.

What ever was in those scrolls, which I suspect were encounters with the "Greek and Roman Gods", and more information about the subject in general, the age of Atlantis, would be a target in order to establish a new "Religious" paradigm. Out with the old, in with the new.

Today, the equivalent would be the Vatican Vault. The Christians may have been one up on the Omar. Destroy, or, capture and conceal. After all, the Catholic church is known in the new world of gathering up "Indian" or aboriginal literature and taking it back to Rome.

So my guess is it was looted under the cover of a great fire, and shipped to Rome to eventually be the bulk of the Vatican Vault. And what the Christians left, could have been destroyed by Omars forces. Or, the reverse.

The main point is, as show above, you cant rule over a educated and informed population. "Knowledge is Power".

The problem is the languages, and time periods. And of course, translations. People want to see the word "Atlantis", only. They can not comprehend the timelines and factor in differing recollections, and languages. We are told about this with the story of the tower of babble.

The Tower of Babel (2242 BC) was a post-Flood rebellion against God by Noah’s descendants. God judged them by dividing the single language into multiple language families. As these groups spread out and became isolated, certain features (e.g. skin shade, eye shape) became dominant in certain groups.
answersingenesis.org...

So now, we are left with babbling fools for thousands of years recounting the memories they maintained, in the new jibberish they now use, who were not direct parties to the warring forces.. The peoples who wrote this history were viewed upon as servants and slaves who lacked the technological expertise of their masters, intentionally, be it Greek and Roman Gods, or Lord God of the bible(Papyrus). Mass confusion is the result, as the intended result.

All cultures speak of a great time, some call it Atlantis, some call it the Garden of Paradise, Some call it Shambilia. But they all are recounting the same thing.

In order to reconstruct the past you must be able to reconcile the languages back to the lowest common denominator, or that original language, and that story should take the most precedence.

Sanskrit is considered the oldest writings but it only go back to 2000 B.C. Hindu based Sanskrit, go's back to 6000 B.C., and beyond.

No other living tradition can claim scriptures as numerous or as ancient as Hinduism; none of them can boast of an unbroken tradition as faithfully preserved as the Hindu tradition.

This oral tradition still exists in India today. The early phase of the Vedic tradition in India is dated between 10,000 - 7,000 BCE.

www.quora.com...

Those writings, tell you everything you ever wanted to know, about "Atlantis".

Ask yourself one question, why is the Vatican Archive closed to the public! Inquiring minds, need to know.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Harte

Yes, the Celtic culture described a city called Mag Mell. It was a city or paradise Island that sunk off the Coast of Ireland. We have not got a timeline for this destruction or this place even existed. But Ireland myths and legends are more extensive than any country on earth. A legend describes a group of people coming to Ireland carrying treasures with them ( King Arthur and holy grail myth is a Celtic myth so you got to remember this) I have not got the time to discuss this but you find it online. Some Atlantis researchers believe the survivors came to the British Isles after the Island sunk. This time is thousands of years ago before the birth of Jesus ( if he was real) This period is not established we really have no idea what the world was like 9,000 years ago or more.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Harte

No ancient sources.

No mention of sending money to the rulers of Atlantis (these other rulers would have been client kings and have had to send tribute.) There's no evidence of unique goods that are moved around the world (like the Greek pots that were traded or Egyptian wheat or glass, etc, etc.)

A stronger point still is that there are no Greek plays and Greek artwork involving Atlantis. According to Plato, Athens defeated this world power. There are innumerable pieces of art and plays commemorating other famous conquests (or tragic ones.) Yet there's nothing about Atlantis.

Troy, for instance (which turned out to be real) is mentioned in many plays and the heroes and villains are found depicted in many pieces of art. But there's nothing from Atlantis.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

What's your opinion of the ancient sources I listed?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join