It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing evidence of Atlantis kept from the public

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

The only certainty in life is death and taxes!

so these guys are scientists and so cant be 100% certain of anything

and they know that to be true so there exists the possibility that anything is possible
and to outright claim that it cant be possible or that they are 100% certain is foolish

I agree with you !

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

clearly the evidence mounts to support the idea of a global civilisation that worked together to achieve great feats of engineering
and astronomy etc!

seems like we were once at peace!

real shame that

One thing I am skeptical off , is the guy "jimmy" goes on about that head they found in the 5th video I think and he says its evidence of a lost technology because its made from Quartzite and is 6 on the mohs scale and the egyptians didnt have the required materials to cut and shape the stone
because copper saws were not good enough!

But the egyptians being a vast civilisation would have had access to diamond or corrundum or topaz , which is harder than quartz and would cut it effectively !

no advanced technology required, just a decent supply of diamonds!
Im sure the artist masons who were cutting and shaping it especially to honour a king would have access to such materials , or at least they would have been no problem for a king to obtain! Also they made them that big because they couldnt get decent detail from rough diamond at small scale , so they made the statues huge as well , not just because the king wanted them big , but it was technically not possible to carve in such great details with rough diamond !

No steel or diamond tipped saw mechanical blades required , just a diamond !

edit on 5-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: andre18

I watched five of the videos and I didn't see one lick of evidence about Atlantis.

What we have is a Graham Hancock fanboy wildly speculating about a conspiracy for which he presents no evidence. For someone brave enough to put giant titles like 'TEXTBOOKS DEBUNKED' he sure spends a lot of time just asking questions and speculating and almost no time at all presenting actual evidence of anything.

In particular I'm bothered by the tenuous connections these sorts of amateur internet archeologists draw between megalithic sites and pyramids. The pyramids at Giza were built somewhere around 2500 BCE while many of the pyramids in Mexico were built in the common era (AD). Many of these sites were built thousands upon thousands of years apart, others are hotly debated as to whether they are manmade sites at all (Gunung Padang site, Bosnian pyramids, Yonaguni, etc).

You can't just dismiss these debates as part of the conspiracy. Reconstructing the past based on pottery shards and raised stones isn't exactly easy.

Why would an archeologist cover up evidence of an advanced civilization? Surely rewriting history is EVERY SINGLE ARCHEOLOGISTS DREAM! Are they all in on it? Are they blinded by what they learned in school? Or are they perhaps, like all scientists, flawed but well educated humans doing their best to analyze the evidence and place it in its proper historical context?

Whenever he talks about their being a mainstream scientific conspiracy I just have to cringe. Scientists are human yes, they have biases for sure but we can't just dismiss their findings out of hand because we want to believe something different. We also can't just shoehorn in whatever desired conclusion we have based on a mystery (argument from ignorance).

How did they build this? Well let me just shoehorn in my favorite pet theory even if it doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

"Come on bruh, how'd the Egyptians carve all these stones bruh, you REALLY think they did that without modern tools bruh?" - The Spirit of all Pseudoarcheologists

I don't know, maybe they did, maybe I give our ancestors credit and don't think they needed aliens or atlanteans to learn how to accomplish amazing things.

A global cataclysm 13000 years ago doesn't explain why pyramids are in Mexico AND Giza but were built thousands of years apart. Atlantis doesn't make sense as a connection when Gobekli Tepe is so damned old while something like Angkor Wat was built in the 1100s CE.

Also similarities in building styles are easily explained away. There are only so many structurally sound shapes of stone you can build in. In one video he uses trapezoidal doorways as "evidence" of the lost civilization, it's grasping at some very loose straws to say the least. It makes sense that civilizations made of human beings are going to come up with similar strategies and shapes to build in and the fact that they came up with them separated by thousands of years and thousands of miles is evidence AGAINST a global advanced civilization if anything.

There's nothing wrong with keeping an open mind and looking into these things but the idea that Jimmy here is some kind of expert with mind-blowing evidence of a grand conspiracy about Atlantis seems a bit premature given the "evidence" presented here.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I am just curious why it should be nescessary to hide any evidence of an ancient civilization of any ilk from us? Are the Egyptians behind it? Or the Peruvians? I mean, what would be the point?

Do you know what the average response to most new archaeological major finds are? It's a shrug. Or at most a "Oh that's interesting"... Rarely any rioting.

So, if Atlantis were suddenly to be found in pristine condition, only the tourist boards of vaguely adjacent nations would really get worked up. And, of course, those archaeologists and historians who allegedly are busy covering up.

If something astonishing was indeed found I am willing to bet it would be found by someone who is out there digging and puzzling things together.

Pretty sure the one to find it would publish about it too. Like they did for the Flores finds. The Denisovan tooth. The schoeningen spears. And so on.

So, who is covering up what and why?

BT
edit on 5-2-2018 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Titen-Sxull

Aye agreed, there is not one mention of Atlantis in those videos !

all 6 of them are about evidence being suppressed about the sphinx and great pyramids and other ancient sites

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well, why did the "scientists" back in the day lie about the negative effects of sugar? Because they were paid to lie. What if that's the case with these leading Egyptian archeologists? I mean, would it really surprise you that, that leading Egyptian archeologist is corrupted?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I mean, would it really surprise you that, that leading Egyptian archeologist is corrupted?

Yes, yes it would. Sugar is a 77 billion dollar industry, do you honestly believe archaeology is worth even a quarter of that considering it's a field of scientific study and not a mass market gold mine?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Well, there is a lot of foreigners digging in Egypt, and has been for some time. So if there were a few corrupt ones it wouldn't really help.

Surely you cannot think they are all in on it?

And who are paying the corrupt legions of archaeologists? Had I known I should never have left archaeology, but rather gone to Egypt to get paid off by whoever is doing the paying!

But, seriously, you don't really believe that either, do you?

Keeping a thing like that hidden would not work, at least not with money.

Now, maybe there are some less than good forces at work. Like peer pressure. And ridicule. And some necessary secrecy as well. Egypt must be one of the most plundered countries in the world, archaeologically. So maybe it is wise to keep some things hidden.

But you would never get away with suppressing that kind of information for long.

Not with all the plundering and digging going on.

BT

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Why? Why would this piece of history be kept from us when nothing else about previous civilizations wasn't kept from us. What's different here?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
And if it actually turned out that we have been "lied to" by the "scientific community"... then what? So that makes our lives greater exactly how?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

I'm an amateur when it comes to this stuff; the only archeological thing in my life was my trip to see the Bosnian "pyramids"

I just gave an example for a possible reason as to why someone might cover up information. I mean, this was the first time in my entire life, that I have heard about holes and entrances and chambers on these structures. This Jimmy guy posed some pretty interesting questions, that I would like to know the answer to.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Hey Andre 18... thanks for taking the time to post all the vids. I too was a little disappointed that there was nothing that I saw relating to Atlantis... but I did find the videos very interesting, and, through the course of the morning I believe I watched them all (though not in order).

I took away two main themes...

1. Why would archeologists in Egypt keep information about their discoveries secret? My conclusion is quite simple, to protect Egypt's national treasures. Maybe I'm over simplifying it.... but the country is war-torn with a government of minimal influence and strength, and unearthing these things takes times... years. I think they are using caution (nothing to see here) to protect what might be found as the continue to excavate.

2. I found the theme of how did the ancients move such massive stone blocks to be fascinating. Moving a 2 million pound block would be a challenge even today... if we could even do it. Was there a super advanced society 25-35,000 years ago that was exterminated by war or natural catastrophe? Then the Egyptians and Roman (and others) simply built new monuments atop the ancient foundations? Maybe? I can't say... but it makes for some interesting contemplation. Fun to think about.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Perhaps they hide information so people like little Jimmy don't go out and loot and destroy archeological sights.
edit on 2/5/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Yes. It is a good thing to question. We should never just accept things as fact because someone is saying it. Even if it is archaeologists saying it.

What we need to look at, always, is the evidence presented and if the interpretation of the evidence is reasonable.

Most stone masons will know more about stone cutting than an archaeologists. And so on.

Every theory should be questioned by everyone, because if it is not it will become dogma.

My point is merely that to me it seems that something as important as this would get out pretty quickly. Ignored perhaps, or misinterpreted, but not successfully suppressed.

But it is good to challenge theories.

BT
edit on 5-2-2018 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Spoilers it’s in the South China Sea

No ones going there

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The Sphinx and Atlantis in the same thread.

Hmmm.

Sphinx .....sphincter.

A large Egyptian army being drowned in the Red Sea.....

Kittens....OMG

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

I doubt most people think there is a general conspiracy amongst Archeologists to keep certain finds and facts from the rest of us. But there could be a small few well placed individuals who like to keep to keep certain information to themselves.

Why? Because certain artefacts can fetch an absolute fortune on the black market.

As far as doubting a lost civilisation goes, well supposedly there is no apparent evidence. But what if all these ancient cultures were indeed influenced by a highly advanced global culture that was almost wiped out by a catastrophe. Though many years apart cultures can hold thier beliefs and customs for many centuries. Perhaps that’s why we have the similarities? What if some ancient sites survived a global catastrophe to some degree or other, and they are in fact the evidence of an advanced global society? Which were adopted for use by later cultures which found them?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Coincidentally enough, I've been looking into these points for the last month or so.....

All the YouTuber managed to do was put it into a web series. All the information is verifiable by multiple sources with evidence supporting everything.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
thanks for the thread...

interesting stuff.... I have long harbored the notion there was an advanced civilization long before the Sumerian and even before the Egyptian...

although it always seems to be implied that the Egyptians (according to the Academia) were directly associated with the previous highly civilized & highly accomplished stone fashioner civilization of higher achieving humans...
opposed to the Low-Brow modern Humans which dominate the Earth since the early Sumerians until now.

what intrigues me is that...in the near future... our modern world will collapse just as the advanced, pre-history civilization who excelled in fashioning all types of stone architecture... and find ourselves quickly reverting to neolithic status and being afraid to journey over the Seas & oceans because of the still active, un-manned ship drones commissioned to destroy any unidentified vessle on the high-seas and acting autonomously...imagine our grandchildren making those dreadnaughts Mythic in epic poems....
Yes it is our turn to become the next layer of previous global civilizations that were disappeared

edit on th28151785889605282018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Eventually a huge announcement will come out of Egypt that will rock history to it's core. Wait till they discover the miles deep tunnels and more underground cities. I've been waiting forever for it to come out.

After Atlantis fell, most of those who survived had to live underground until the surface was livable again. They (we) emerged from under the pyramids.

Some of the pyramids were built using non physical means/thought.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join