It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing evidence of Atlantis kept from the public

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: andre18

Are there any great efforts by historians to look again at the various collections of sumerian tablets, and have them analysed and translated again ?

in that video jimmy says they have only been studied and translated once !

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I wouldnt agree with his statement that they've only been looked at once, as you can see here, I found this from a quick google search -

Finally, some scholars have sought to explain the figures through a mathematical investigation and interpretation (e.g. Harrison, 1993).

www.ancient-origins.net...

cdli.ox.ac.uk...
www.etsjets.org...
edit on 7-2-2018 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
oops, doube post
edit on 7-2-2018 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Yeh Id thought they would have been analysed and cross referenced by a few studies !

thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Yeh Id thought they would have been analysed and cross referenced by a few studies !

thanks

You surely can't be suggesting some peer reviews can you? I thought it had already been established that scientists and archeologists are too busy in collusion in their gold, artifact invested mansions to keep "things" hidden from "us"?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I've known and know a few pro and amateur archeologists, and I've never known any of them to want to "hide" information from others.

Quite the contrary, once you get them started on their area of expertise, you can't shut them up, lol! (though I usually don't want to). In fact, a lot of them teach, just to share what they've learned in all their studies and digs.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
I've known and know a few pro and amateur archeologists, and I've never known any of them to want to "hide" information from others.

Quite the contrary, once you get them started on their area of expertise, you can't shut them up, lol! (though I usually don't want to). In fact, a lot of them teach, just to share what they've learned in all their studies and digs.

The lies occur when so called peer-approved papers are released,papers which constitute truth to the masses,not smply another step in the search as academics recognise current papers to represent.......no the majority of people in the Industry do not go around lieing to everyone....but when key discoveries are made certain people do not want released but instead they want suppressed then these Industry people who SHOULD be releasing truths are DISENFRANCHISED in many any different ways and the SUPPRESSION is actioned on a global level.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

hahah yeh who'd have thought that was the right way to do things!

I am quite happy to agree with Gazrok that the normal every day archeologist is quite willing to share their knowledge and findings with the world , however when discoveries are made they are often not declared to the public for fear of looters
and others trying to claim the just rewards of such a discovery !

many of these fields of scientific discovery fall foul of human greed and the desires of ego and so things can be covered up just so that others can claim the glory , or suppress findings which directly conflict with their own discoveries previously , humans dont like being told they are wrong or that all the things they have learned are false !
it really irks people who have spent the best part of their life working hard to find out that what they have spent their life on is now old hat!

Im more willing to believe it is human greed and ego which prevent many things from changing , not aliens or advanced human civilisations or gods etc !

not to say that these things dont exist or arent whats being hidden ! just its more likely humans being human

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Also as harte or someone else pointed out , Plato mentions a great war with the people of Atlantis , and the greeks defeated them so why is there no epic of this war ?
why is it less important than the trojan war

surely the greeks would have written epic tales of those wars, however I do recall reading that this was before the time of athens in the time before the first flood
I remember reading about Solon of Athens trip to egypt and writing about athens war with the atlanteans

not sure how true this is !

solon / egypt

Are these stories of Solon , just that stories or are they more evidence to back up Plato !

This was a war never actually happened. According to Critias, his grandfather met with Solon an Athenian. We know Solon was a real person historically who walked on this planet. And it was Solon who passed on the Atlantis information to the Greeks. This story was told by the Egyptians of a great power in the Atlantic ocean that ruled over vast areas of the world and was later destroyed. If the timeline is correct 9,000 years before Solon birth this place existed, then there is no possible way Athens was involved in a war with Atlantis. Athens was not even a city then and likely a tiny place with just small groups of people living there. Athens 9,000 years before Solon could not mobilise armies to fight another power. This story is likely fabricated.

The timeline of Atlantis existence is interesting as we now know there was a dramatic melting of the ICE and rising sea levels around this date that is given. We also know there is a large mass of land in the Atlantic that now called North America, South America and Canada. What these places looked like 11,000 years ago are anyone guesses. I'm firm believer Baalbek stones are the example that we are missing parts of our history to time. There no solid explanation is given to how hunter gathers moved 900-ton blocks stones to location sites? We can't even do this today. I feeling Baalbek is a glimpse into the past of a prior civilization. North European climate big cities and stone structures would likely disappear over time. Southern Climate has protected the Pyramids, Baalbek and mysterious places like it that look to be places that belong to a different time.
edit on 7-2-2018 by Jesushere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The timeline has to consider that we are working off of translations, that may or may not be accurate, and that Plato and Solon treated time differently.

Some believe it should be translated as 900 vs. 9000 years, as the two tracked time so very differently.
This would make much more sense.

When Plato says "Athens" though, it can be surmised that instead, he just means the Greeks. He related the tale in terms his audience would understand.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: Gazrok

The lies occur when so called peer-approved papers are released,papers which constitute truth to the masses,not smply another step in the search as academics recognise current papers to represent.......no the majority of people in the Industry do not go around lieing to everyone....but when key discoveries are made certain people do not want released but instead they want suppressed then these Industry people who SHOULD be releasing truths are DISENFRANCHISED in many any different ways and the SUPPRESSION is actioned on a global level.
I have to agree with you in that certain areas are just off limits for open and honest research. And by narrowing those areas down one can see what is hidden, but the why is a bit foggy, but not completely unknowable.

Again, your point is true and correct. Science, has been corrupted in certain areas, not all.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The sites are always eventually revealed. It is just that in some areas where there are high levels of antiquities crime the sites are fully excavated and explored before being announced - for example Italy, Israel and Egypt.

The reasoning being entirely straight forward - in the past, entire sites have been looted following public announcements.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I've just been digging around on google maps and looking for things around the giza plateau
and I was looking around the Unas temple complex and to the west I found what looks like a large rectangle formation
see the image in my google drive link , it looks really huge

what is it ? using the distance measure it has a perimeter edge of 2.08km and a surface area of around 256,000 m2
it looks like a rectangle shape and has what appear to be raised edges

west of unas complex
edit on 7-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
its the Sekhemkhet Funerary Complex, it has a unfinished pyramid and assorted buildings

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: suicideeddie

the rectangle area doesnt look like an unfinished pyramid , its far larger than anything at the sekhemkhet site , the site itself is top right in the image ive linked you can see its further west and dwarfs the site of the unfinished pyramid

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Are there any great efforts by historians to look again at the various collections of sumerian tablets, and have them analysed and translated again ?

in that video jimmy says they have only been studied and translated once !

Yes. In fact, one of the standard exercises of any student learning an ancient language (like Egyptian) is to read and translate and transliterate material. We start with the classics and then go to other pieces. There's many things that aren't translated or could use a retranslation - a good way to do a paper for a conference is to translate something or to start a discussion on the grammar and usage of a word or phrase.

There's a lot that's only been translated once, but that's because there are (literally) millions of these artifacts but not millions and millions of people who can read the language.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

thanks

The problem is, some of those studies are not going to see the light of day.

Those familiar with either the writings of Zecharia Sitchin or the current internet rantings about “the return of Planet X” are likely familiar with the word “nibiru”. According to self-proclaimed ancient languages scholar Zecharia Sitchin, the Sumerians knew of an extra planet beyond Pluto. This extra planet was called Nibiru. Sitchin goes on to claim that Nibiru passes through our solar system every 3600 years. Some believers in Sitchin’s theory contend that Nibiru will return soon – May of 2003 to be exact. These followers of Sitchin’s ideas also refer to Nibiru as “Planet X”, the name given to a planet that is allegedly located within our solar system but beyond Pluto. Adherents to the “returning Planet X hypothesis” believe the return of this wandering planet will bring cataclysmic consequences to earth.[1]

Is Sitchin correct – Is Nibiru a 12th planet that passes through our solar system every 3600 years? Did the Sumerians know this?[2] Are those who equate Sitchin’s Nibiru with Planet X correct in this view? Unfortunately for Sitchin and his followers, the answer to each of these questions is no.

The Myth of a Sumerian 12th Planet: “Nibiru” According to the Cuneiform Sources

I found in the contained chart point #2 to be of the greatest interest. "Let Nibiru be the holder of the crossing place of the heaven and the earth".

The word roughly translates to area of transition concerning water. And the above shows that this zone between heaven and earth, is called "Nibiru".

And when you take that into consideration with Genesis 1:6-8 KJV

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."

Then, it becomes clear Nibiru is actually a water bound entry, into Heaven, that can be transited/ entered. Earth on one side, and Heaven on the other.

The whole concept of Heaven reminds me of a dog that is pestering its owner to play with a toy. The dogs owner will throw the toy as far as possible so the owner can "disappear", to end the pestering. Was Heaven thrown far out into space, where we would never find it??? Or maybe, Nibiru, the 12th planet, was thrown out there, so we would never find the "Crossing".....

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

Even a Dog, can find his way home!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Thanks for reposting your third video. I did not watch that one at first. I only knew about the cross-section of the interior of the Sphinx by CT Russell. I did not know the research originally came from Professor G.A. Reisner. I loved the extra, zoomed in pictures created by Professor Reisner. The plot thickens with the Sphinx. The Hall of Records awaits.

I own a first edition copy of Ignatius Donnelly’s, “Atlantis: The Antediluvian World”, published in 1882. I have not read the book in its entirety yet. I looked up the word “Sphinx” in the index but found no mention of it. As I browsed the index I came across a place called “Sippara”, city of the sun. It said there are antediluvian records buried there. I’m beginning to wonder if the name Sippara really should be Siqqara. This account comes from the sacred books of Babylon which were documented by Berosus for the Greeks. The tale says that Xisuthros, the Chaldean Noah was to burry a bunch of writings at the city of Sippara before the deluge. After the deluge was over he was to uncover them and disclose the contents to mankind. I don’t know if that ever happened. Maybe the Book of Enoch is one of those documents.

Here’s the step pyramid of Siqqara, Egypt. This is the oldest pyramid of the Egyptians. Maybe some long lost records are hidden there.

Ignatius Donnelly put this symbol on the spine of his book. I think it represents the multi-ringed city of Atlantis. I don't know why there are 3 stars at the center.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostinspace

Ignatius Donnelly put this symbol on the spine of his book. I think it represents the multi-ringed city of Atlantis. I don't know why there are 3 stars at the center.

Annunaki "From Heaven to Earth" To do that, you must transit the Nibiru. That appears to be the Symbol of the Nibiru. Yes, Atlantis. Also know as Agartha, among other names...

This, appears to be the map of it. From the "Heaven" side... The Earth side..................

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Thanks for giving some input on that. It's interesting that you make the Babylonian connection with that symbol.

I was digging around on Babylonian deities and I found this detail. - "The three powers Sin, Shamash and Ishtar symbolized three great forces of nature: the Moon, the Sun, and the life-giving force of the earth, respectively."

Shamash = Sun
Ishtar = Venus
Sin = Moon

All 3 have their own unique star patterns.

The lion is associated with Ishtar so maybe the Sphinx was at one time a lion figure and was dedicated to her.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join