It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing evidence of Atlantis kept from the public

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: Jesushere

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Well gee, if some youtuber says it, it MUST be true!

That doesn't make it untrue though...

I'm not gonna watch the vids, but the hypothesis of the existence of Atlantis is untrue, so...

Harte

Plato described Atlantis as a real place. People today just assume he was writing a play and the place never existed. But people forget he was describing locations that do exist, introduced real dates for when this place existed, and real people in Greece and Egypt are mentioned in his workings. Called Atlantis may not be accurate, but I would rule out there was a place that fitted this description sometime in the past. The most likely place for this sunken or destroyed city is somewhere off the Coast of Spain, Americas or the British Isles. If I was betting man I pick a place the Greeks knew and would have to fit in with their understood knowledge of the known world.

Are there any other ancient sources for Atlantis?

The ancient world knew each other and there was an extensive trade network.......but no other accounts of Atlantis, apart from Plato. Surely that is telling?

There were some other sources that survived the destruction of the Library of Alexandria.

From Diodorus Siculus (90–30 BCE),
The Library of History:
Book 3, Chapter 4:
“The Atlantides inhabited a rich country
bordering upon the ocean, and were esteemed
to excel all their neighbors in civil reception
and entertainment of strangers; and they
boast that the gods were born among them.”2
Book 5, Chapter 15:
“In a word, this island is so delightful that
it appears to be the abode of the Gods rather
than of human beings.”

And...

From Herodotus (ca. 480–420 BCE),
The Histories:
“From the Garmantians at a distance
again of ten days’ journey there is another
hill of salt and spring of water, and the people
dwelling round it are called Atarantians, who
alone of all human beings about whom we
know are nameless; for while all taken
together have the name Atarantians, each
separate man and woman of them has no
name given to them. These utter curses against
the Sun when he is at his height, and moreover
revile the sun with all manner of foul terms,
because it oppresses them by its burning heat,
both themselves and their land. After this at a
distance of ten days’ journey there is another
hill of salt and spring of water, and people
dwell round it. Near this salt hill is a mountain
named Atlas, which is small in circuit and
rounded on every side; and so exceedingly lofty
is it said to be, that it is not possible to see its
summits, for clouds never leave them either in
the summer or in the winter. This, the natives
say, is the pillar of the heavens. After this
mountain these received their name, for they are
called Atlanteans; and it is said that they neither
eat anything that has life nor have any dreams.”

And...

From Aelian ( 175-235 CE)
from The Nature of Animals:
“. . . Those living near the Ocean tell the
tale that the ancient Atlantean Kings, tracing
their lineage from Neptune (Poseidon), wore
bands made from the sea–rams upon their
heads, as an imperial insignia, while the
queens likewise wore circlets made from the
female sea–rams.”

Note that all 3 of these men were highly regarded in their time, and would certainly be considered "mainstream."

Hey Agartha,

Thanks for the interesting comeback (rather than Youtube vids!). You are quite correct to identify a couple of other ancient sources but even here it needs quantifying.

For example, Diodorus Siculus mentions Atlantis in his first series of books (Library of Histories is split into 3 sections). This first section details ancient myths rather than reality, as is acknowledged within this section.

Herodotus is another interesting one. Herodotus is actually one of my historical heroes but quite simply it has to be acknowledged that for all his correct info, he also simply made things up. If we believe his works in entirety (as a simple example) then we have to acknowledge that the Roman world was populated with peoples resembling a Heironymous Bosch painting. We know this wasn't the case. More importantly though, the Herodotus you were quoting refers to a tribe deep within the Atlas mountains. The Garmantians were located in the desert to the south of Leptis Magna (Libya). The Atarantians (seperate tribe) are ten days south of them (Atlas mountains). Aside from Herodotus, who else has ever put Atlantis deep withing the Atlas mountain range? Aside from anything, it makes it extremely difficult for it to sink into the sea!

Aelian is more interesting as a source but it must be recognised that he was a scholar and he taught rhetoric. He was extremely well versed in the Platonic school of thought. He also lived during the reigns of, amongst others, Septimius Severus. It has to be recognised that this was an "age of Iron and rust", as described by the divine Marcus Aurelius (who was, frankly, hero worshipped throughout the empire during this period). In this age, scholars, rhetoroticians and the general great and the good were perfectly aware that the Empire was teetering and that old school honour, duty and discipline were a thing of the past - they hankered after a return to (as they saw it) old school virtue and often evoked Homer and Virgil, as well as Plato.

In short, each of those examples is supposition rather than evidence.

Thanks for the response. Let's look into these sources.

You're correct in that Diodorus explains that the first 5 books of the Library of History are different cultures antiquities and myths, but he also admits that he doesn't know whether or not some if the antiquities are historically true or fables. He writes about Troy in this section as well which turned out to be an actual place. So it ends up being the same questions posed for Plato's account.

As far as the Herodotus quote, I should've clarified why I posted that source. I'm well aware that he's discussing the Atlas mountain range, but it's the verbiage that's of significance. He says that the Atarantians called themselves Atlanteans. While little is known of the Atarantians, they were most likely a Berber tribe ( as the Garmantians were). This links modern day Berbers to the descendants of Atlantis. And the Berbers themselves say in no uncertain terms that their ancestors came from an island to the west that submerged nds of years prior that they called "Attala".

The Aelian source has always been of interest to me. Aelianus was a teacher of rhetoric, but was also the equivalent of a modern day biologist and often wrote of the local people's customs as well as the fauna of the area. In this quote he specifically says "those living near the ocean" are the ones that conveyed the Atlantis story. And in this case he's speaking of Lusitania in the Roman era ( modern day coast of Portugal. ) Regardless of his Platonic influence, this is whom he claimed was his source.

There's more ancient sources regarding Atlantis too which I'll be posting.

edit on 7-2-2018 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
I've known and know a few pro and amateur archeologists, and I've never known any of them to want to "hide" information from others.

Quite the contrary, once you get them started on their area of expertise, you can't shut them up, lol! (though I usually don't want to). In fact, a lot of them teach, just to share what they've learned in all their studies and digs.

You may even know one day a further hundred archeologists, whom are morally honest, but you have to understand that, that aim of inquiry into truth doesnt help understand the problem. Replace the word archeologist with any other field and there's just as much space for greedy and good willed people alike to be in any form of discipline. Forget the field itself, we're talking about the human experience, how easy people are corrupted, silenced by fear, or lack the backbone to not be a tool to be used.

It's not so much that there are archeologists that shut their mouths, as it is that you can only enter so much of the 'higher levels' of truth by being told what you can openly say. Mostly that's defined by contracts of nondisclosure agreements. And if it is the case that most of the professionals do in fact know the 'truth', there's nothing then stopping all of them from all being silenced by such contracts. It's only the ones that arent involved in such works, digging into more modern era's of history that wouldnt require silencing.

To further this home, here is another vid by Jimmy i missed when i was going through his work, that shows black and white the obvious dishonesty archeologists claim is the current narrative of who built city Machu Picchu.

One commenter of the video even said this

medusasg8 - I've also worked in construction, but I've also worked in a machine shop where we, for those who don't know where you have to use machines to to cut perfectly flat or perfectly curved products, to do this by hand even just 1 block would be MASSIVELY IMPOSSIBLE but to cut 1 block with a flat but angled surface then you have to make the next one mate the two surfaces perfectly?!?!? only a delusional person would believe his own theory on this, NO WAY, ABSOLUTELY NO WAY. But I've been saying this for years.

The other obstacles are the tools even if you tried w ancient technology to use a rock tied to a stick as a hammer and an iron chesal, that they some how made, the iron chesal won't hold up very long, you'd go through a pile of chesals for just one tiny block, it's nonsense to say a primitive civilization fabed this stuff. It's laughable.

There are even down there in South America other sites that have huge perfectly square or rectangular stone blocks , and they are so flat you can put a stainless steel machinest square or straight edge to them and verify that they are infact perfectly flat and square and they also have lines cut into them that are about 3/16 of an inch wide by 3/16" deep and the width and depth are so consistent you can use a machinest depth gage and micrometers to check the accuracy it's truly mind boggling, but what is even more mind boggling is that a highly educated person would even try to convince you, with a straight face, that an ancient primitive civilization with a rock and chesal was able to get this done. Throw out the text books

edit on 8-2-2018 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

After the deluge was over he was to uncover them and disclose the contents to mankind.
I cant see that happening! Too many gate keepers... And if some of it was to come out it would have come out in a book, for money, and probably disinformation at that. I think your right about "Siqqara", must be in Egypt. Thanks for the acknowledgment. "Sepharvaim"? I dig...........

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

funn you mention nibiru being a water filled space between earth and heaven

as the egyptian creation myth sees Atum coming from the water like Abyss !

and creating humans

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Great post and great subject when I first read it and after watching the vids I thought oops! Your gonna get some grief over this. Mainly because there are a number of members on here who've took the Egyptian pill and closed their thinking to alternative solutions to how these megaliths were built.

When you look at the quality and scale of this work its mind blowing but what is obvious is that whoever did do the cutting, drilling and manoeuvring found it easy it wasn't a problem for them.

So why isn't there any trace of these methods in later years? Why didn't Greek, Roman or medieval stone masons building castles, cathedrals, Abbeys etc etc use the same techniques i.e. Megaliths, granite cut with precision, drilling through stone. Obvious they couldn't do it they never had the technology.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: redchad

I agree that yes , why did we not build to the precision that the egyptians did if their methods were simply man power and sand / bronze tools in the medieval times for construction projects, greece , rome etc!
Rome worked along side Egypt so where were the techniques replicated in Rome?

at the same time, alot of the building materials the Egyptians used were costly to transport , and time consuming to build and required a lot of manpower
and yet Rome did not lack the slave power to do such grand projects
edit on 8-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
i.ytimg.com...
astonishing evidence

edit on 8-2-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: airowineSailorcat

the difference being of course these are well know fiction
where as the egyptologists are using working theory not yet proven just "most likley" case is accepted by mainstream
and so youtube videos of actual places are evidence for discussion and not based on fictional characters

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: redchad

I agree that yes , why did we not build to the precision that the egyptians did if their methods were simply man power and sand / bronze tools in the medieval times for construction projects, greece , rome etc!
Rome worked along side Egypt so where were the techniques replicated in Rome?

at the same time, alot of the building materials the Egyptians used were costly to transport , and time consuming to build and required a lot of manpower
and yet Rome did not lack the slave power to do such grand projects

What, like 100km sections of aquaeduct, tunnels under the desert (Mesopotamia / Arabia), tunnels through sections of the Alps, waterproof concrete, artifical lakes, paved road networks, sewerage, central heating (hypocausts), etc? You know, just to name a few grand projects..........

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

funn you mention nibiru being a water filled space between earth and heaven

as the egyptian creation myth sees Atum coming from the water like Abyss !

and creating humans
I'm thinking that happened before all the gold mining was completed , and Atum moved into a new mansion. So, he left guard dogs at the old mansion?

But now that you mention it, didn't Poseidon, come from the water as well?
edit on AMThursdayThursday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago1629 by All Seeing Eye because: Added Question..

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

No I was referring to the large megalithic blocks of hard granite that are over 100 tonnes being quarried and moved miles and erected using bronze age tools with precision greater than we can achieve today with modern tools

I am well aware of the Roman and Greek feats of architecture, however amazing the romans and greeks were in their architecture they were smart enough to have detailed construction drawings and plans !

Funny how the Egyptians dont !
yet we are lead to believe they achieved all of this wonder with bronze age tools and man power !
I mean fair play to them if they did they were obviously much smarter than all of us combined as we still havent proven exactly how they did it !

What I want to know is why some rich extravagant millionaire hasnt attempted this today just to prove it can be done or not

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

What I want to know is why some rich extravagant millionaire hasnt attempted this today just to prove it can be done or not
I guess it depends on how you look at it. Tower of Babble?

Space X pulls off successful test flight of world’s most powerful rocket

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I dont see how Elon Musk compares in building a super heavy falcon 9 and launching it successfully and landing the booster sections successfully compares
to building a megalithic structure with the tools they had available at the time that no one has been able to explain and prove to any great deal of certainty

the building of the falcon 9 , whilst extremely complex is a lot more easy to replicate and repeat and as we know every aspect of how it was done !

from the manufacture of the silicon chips with their transistors , to the engine fuel , to the heat shielding , to the gyroscope, to the complex maths which calculate the trajectory , burn time, and even the stress testing of all the metal to withstand the extreme G and environmental stress on the materials used. all detailed in blueprints and cad drawings !

thing is we know what purpose the falcon 9 heavy is used for

the Great pyramid , we dont , we theorise but arent certain , we know the materials it was made from , but dont know its exact method of construction, we dont know its exact age ,we dont know what its purpose was intended for !

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian
Whatever the Greeks, Roman or Medieval stonemasons built was all do-able with the tools, materials and manpower available at the time. What they weren't capable of was drilling a precision hole through granite or cutting a piece of granite with the precision a modern day artisan would struggle to recreate. Oh how the medieval castle builders would love to have had the ability to cut 1000 ton pieces of stone from a quarry, transport them and then position them into their fortresses.
No all the stone work cut since the ancient megaliths have one thing in common they can all be cut and manhandled into place by that civilisation unlike ancient builders.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thank you, a post that is ATS worthy again...
I am only half way through the videos but i have had my mind opened a little further and a LOT more research for the darker nights.

I cannot understand people who complain about youtube videos, yes there are a lot of muppets claiming all kinds of crap but does that mean all the channels are full of crap. Where should we go for information and other peoples thoughts???? The media, our governments, hollywood or our education system!

Great thread

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

for me its not fully understood.. in the dimensions are behind the astral is a kindof "atlantis technology " stored (befor the etheric dimensions ). and this was i was trying to say in my early posts in this account . when we talk about the spynx in romania, mount shasta and those "portals". you can be there from your living room. so tosay projecting youself there. and you find yourself in this technological "earth concioussness" in emerald colour. crystals sticking out of the computersystem. well they show it ... in hollyWOOD. tron bla. ian dont like to repeatmyself tausentimes. i saw this with my own eyes. didnt really understood it.

i thought thats it. but we might have also a 3d ATLANTIS installation here on the planet.

hitler was looking for it in tibet. hitler wonted his own atlantis.

now people say trump is now bringing us disclosure and this new atlantis... when i see him tweeting usa in a civilwar mood i have to vomit.

has a lot to do with ufo activity and blackopstechnology the topic also

edit on 8-2-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

the Great pyramid , we dont , we theorise but arent certain , we know the materials it was made from , but dont know its exact method of construction, we dont know its exact age ,we dont know what its purpose was intended for !
Well, one thing you should know is, they were built to last eons..

Musk used technologies and materials the ancients did not have, at least not in the same context. In the deep past the only building material available was, stone, and that, is written in stone around the world, and we soon see, in Mars as well.

Everyone expects to see advanced ancient technology the same we see it today. Not so at all. Imagine Musk's rocket made of stone, and propelled with a power we know nothing of.

Though, it has occurred to me that all this technology had to come from somewhere, somehow. The tools and technology responsible for these stone creations are confusingly absent, as you point out. But when one looks at the life of Nicola Tesla and his claim of receiving "Inspirations" from dreams, its not hard to imagine, others might be so inclined, if, they are wired to receive.

Pushing past the political correct opinion that there was no advanced civilization in our deep past, to submit to its truth one might see, it wasn't all fun and games. Reading accounts from the Sumerian tablets and Hindu scriptures, and even the bible, one can take away one fact, it was a war, with many battles, and now we learn other planets may have been involved! There are even places on earth that were targeted by nuclear weapons. The last act of that war was the flood. Though I suspect this last flood wasn't really like the first 3. Follow the age of the ocean beds and oxygen content for evidence of them. This last one was more violent in nature, and controllable. Long story.

At any rate, this war was old, very old. The pyramids around the globe mark places the Anunnaki had what might be termed "Out Posts" or centers of operations. And naturally, cultures grew around them. Gold mining is just one operation. Breeding may have also been a hobby for the visiting Anunaki. At any rate..

It occurred to me that if that all be true, then look at the technology today, for defense. Bunkers, harden bunkers, fall out shelters. And yes, underground bunkers. They are built to withstand great forces. Most of them, even withstood the "Great Flood". And yes, I believe I know how that was pulled off. The evidence is in your face every time you look at, it!

Pyramids, may have actually been nothing more than Air Raid Shelters, regardless of what is said about them. Shrines, human sacrifice mindsets may have followed after the Annunaki returned to the Nibiru, taking their tools and knowledge, leaving their handy work to fend for itself, to fall into disrepair, and ignorance.

Elon Musk is a prime example of the human spirit
It just cant be beat, in any age....

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andre18

Wanna really scratch your head?

Look at the designs of the L'Orient submarine pens and American civil war / Napoleonic war to 1880's or so era coastal defense forts and etc!

Like he said, funny how everything is a temple!

Because that's built like something designed to take bombardment by high explosive and or high velocity ordnance.

It's also kinda sorta how it would look If you only excavated part of one of these. Kinda has that early ammo dump feel too in other ways.

The one thing it wasn't initially constructed to be though.... A temple!

Unless of course it's a temple to the underworld gods or something...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechieWhy would they build a temple, to themselves?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Why not just fill it in then? Why put a hatch. That makes zero sense. A hatch is to keep thing/people out of something. Concrete and you're done. I don't buy it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join