It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing evidence of Atlantis kept from the public

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
I still think Atlantis was the name of both the continent (South America) AND the city (the Altiplano, in Brazil).
This location pretty much nails it on all points, for me...

www.atlantisbolivia.org...

Except, you know, for the dry part.

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: Byrd

What's your opinion of the ancient sources I listed?
Sorry, I couldn't resist LOL LOL

Great find, by the way

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

What's your opinion of the ancient sources I listed?

Byrd will give her opinion.

Here's mine.

You mined those sources from some website trying to argue for the existence of Atlantis, and either didn't look into them (best case scenario) or you did look into them (worst case scenario.)

Assuming you didn't, then you should. Your first two sources are talking about the people living in the Atlas mountain range - named by the Greeks.

The third source is derivative of Plato's dialogue so it's not really a source at all.

You didn't mention Hellanicus. That tells me you haven't looked into it much, meaning you are not purposefully trying to mislead anyone.

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

but we dont have drawings on the pyramids construction or how they done it !

Yes we do. Of course we do.

www.history.com...

www.smithsonianmag.com...

www.dogonews.com...

www.forbes.com...://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbressan/2017/09/28/papyrus-reveals-from-where-the-rocks-used-to-build-t he-great-pyramid-came-from/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

Ah, you get it....

I missed how they got those rocks all the way to the top and am very interested in that. Can you help us out and show us how that happened?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The thing I like to remind myself of the time frame, which puts it at the time of the Younger Dryas, and was a LONG, LONG time ago. Yeah, we have a few surviving artifacts from that time, including some cave paintings that are around 40,000 years old, but those were all nicely tucked away in nice, damp caves. The remnants of Atlantis were probably not massive pyramids powering flying saucers, or even the cities greatly exaggerated by the Egyptians who sold Plato the story. But I can see them living on a large island on a pushed-up portion of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge near the Azores. They'd maybe have some rather some humble farms and cities where people made one the first attempts to figure out how to live together in permanent cities. And in that case, it's very unlikely that a definitive artifact might be found. Hey, this was before people even had a workable written language or knew how to properly count things.

So what are you going to find at the bottom of the ocean? A few broken pot fragments. A lump of barnacles that might have once been a statue. And it's not like they'll say, "Made In Atlantis" on them.

And let's not forget the DNA evidence. There kind of is none, unless you want to get into that whole X haplogroup thing with the Iroquois and Cahokia mound builders and the Basques and Berbers of Europe. Pretty thin ice, though.

So it's fun to speculate, but you have to be realistic about what has actually been discovered and what hasn't.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I'll have to watch the vids, but I'm automatically pretty skeptical ol' Jimmy is an expert in all of these different civilizations. Typically, one specializes to become said "expert". Also, it has been shown how the ancient Egyptians cut their stone blocks with tools of the time, so this didn't require any kind of unknown tech.

Though I am also curious as to how he's aware of rooms inside structures that mainstream archeologists are unaware of. See, automatically gets up my "it's fishy" meter.....

More than that, he has no clue on the timelines. The Mayas and Incas were rising as civilizations and building their pyramids 1,000 - 1,500 years AFTER Egypt collapsed and 1500-2000 years after Egypt built its last pyramid (and 3,000 years after Giza pyramids were built.)

Yes, however, the rising of their civilizations as much as those from the past Egyptian civilizations, doesn't remove the possibility that the rise wasn't in part a result of an introduction of another outside culture contacting, influencing and educating them. The similarities of architecture arent something that are prerequisites to building pyramids, they are aesthetic styles that are exact but continents apart and as you mention, thousands of year as well.

Pyramids are global even throughout Asia, but in today's world they offer no practicalities. So obviously the question is why were different cultures throughout the world and between thousands of years all building GIANT megalithic structures that reflect the same blue print?

I posit that many cultures throughout history were endowed with education from Atlantian colonists, as a result of the flooding of their home, by which they fled spreading out to Egypt, south America and Asia. This though doesnt answer why it took these apparent colonists thousands of years to help build per-Incan or Mayan civilizations after leaving Atlantis.
edit on 6-2-2018 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: andre18

Everyone has their own theories about possible conspiracies.
Religious fanaticism brought about crazy speculations on the Sphinx and the great pyramid.

Here’s one picture from Charles Taze Russell around 1914.

Then one guy by the name of George Lucas saw a space saga from the relics he saw throughout our world.

Princess Leia

Darth Vader

Rebel base Yavin 4 – Really known as Tikal, a Mayan temple complex in Guatemala

It’s fun to speculate. It makes life more interesting. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Thanks for sharing.

edit on 6-2-2018 by lostinspace because: wording

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

Well thanks, but it's more than thumb twiddling speculation, In the very first video ive posted, Jimmy goes into the footage of the 3 leveled underground tombs with a passageway leading between the pyramid and sphinx. And that only was once ever shown to the public. And of course the hole on top and under the sphinx that apparently both goes nowhere, and the void detected with radar. So just imagine what else exists under and within the pyramids that has been kept hidden from us?

Perhaps an entire city lies beneath? Everything that is being kept hidden i believe, has a large role in revealing truths of Atlantis. And it's not hard to imagine now that you know there's already so much that's found to be actively covered. It's not like, 'oh well what we've now been shown is all that there is and nothing more." there's an obvious depth of a story that goes beyond just the monuments themselves.

Also, i didnt add this video in the entry because some of this info has already been covered, but you can see from his explanation of the granite stones, that again, the archeologists arent being truthful.

edit on 7-2-2018 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

How do you square that with what they say people barely out of the stone age, were supposed to know?

Stone age..Masters of Stone?Thousands of Years of studying and working on and with Stone.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

The hole in the sphinx head was made by Egyptologists. The original hole was small and likely was made there to hold some sort of headpiece.

I believe it was Vyse that drilled into it looking for ... well, what people here claim Egyptologists don't look for.

He broke off a big drill bit in it that was only removed recently (within the last 10-15 years, IIRC) by Zahi Hawass.

They had to enlarge the hole to get it out.

Harte

so it was not Obelix after all..
good to know.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger

How do you square that with what they say people barely out of the stone age, were supposed to know?

Stone age..Masters of Stone?Thousands of Years of studying and working on and with Stone.

www.bbc.co.uk...

5,500 years ago. This was a tool.
Look at when the sphinx was built.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: Jesushere

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Well gee, if some youtuber says it, it MUST be true!

That doesn't make it untrue though...

I'm not gonna watch the vids, but the hypothesis of the existence of Atlantis is untrue, so...

Harte

Plato described Atlantis as a real place. People today just assume he was writing a play and the place never existed. But people forget he was describing locations that do exist, introduced real dates for when this place existed, and real people in Greece and Egypt are mentioned in his workings. Called Atlantis may not be accurate, but I would rule out there was a place that fitted this description sometime in the past. The most likely place for this sunken or destroyed city is somewhere off the Coast of Spain, Americas or the British Isles. If I was betting man I pick a place the Greeks knew and would have to fit in with their understood knowledge of the known world.

Are there any other ancient sources for Atlantis?

The ancient world knew each other and there was an extensive trade network.......but no other accounts of Atlantis, apart from Plato. Surely that is telling?

There were some other sources that survived the destruction of the Library of Alexandria.

From Diodorus Siculus (90–30 BCE),
The Library of History:
Book 3, Chapter 4:
“The Atlantides inhabited a rich country
bordering upon the ocean, and were esteemed
to excel all their neighbors in civil reception
and entertainment of strangers; and they
boast that the gods were born among them.”2
Book 5, Chapter 15:
“In a word, this island is so delightful that
it appears to be the abode of the Gods rather
than of human beings.”

And...

From Herodotus (ca. 480–420 BCE),
The Histories:
“From the Garmantians at a distance
again of ten days’ journey there is another
hill of salt and spring of water, and the people
dwelling round it are called Atarantians, who
alone of all human beings about whom we
know are nameless; for while all taken
together have the name Atarantians, each
separate man and woman of them has no
name given to them. These utter curses against
the Sun when he is at his height, and moreover
revile the sun with all manner of foul terms,
because it oppresses them by its burning heat,
both themselves and their land. After this at a
distance of ten days’ journey there is another
hill of salt and spring of water, and people
dwell round it. Near this salt hill is a mountain
named Atlas, which is small in circuit and
rounded on every side; and so exceedingly lofty
is it said to be, that it is not possible to see its
summits, for clouds never leave them either in
the summer or in the winter. This, the natives
say, is the pillar of the heavens. After this
mountain these received their name, for they are
called Atlanteans; and it is said that they neither
eat anything that has life nor have any dreams.”

And...

From Aelian ( 175-235 CE)
from The Nature of Animals:
“. . . Those living near the Ocean tell the
tale that the ancient Atlantean Kings, tracing
their lineage from Neptune (Poseidon), wore
bands made from the sea–rams upon their
heads, as an imperial insignia, while the
queens likewise wore circlets made from the
female sea–rams.”

Note that all 3 of these men were highly regarded in their time, and would certainly be considered "mainstream."

Hey Agartha,

Thanks for the interesting comeback (rather than Youtube vids!). You are quite correct to identify a couple of other ancient sources but even here it needs quantifying.

For example, Diodorus Siculus mentions Atlantis in his first series of books (Library of Histories is split into 3 sections). This first section details ancient myths rather than reality, as is acknowledged within this section.

Herodotus is another interesting one. Herodotus is actually one of my historical heroes but quite simply it has to be acknowledged that for all his correct info, he also simply made things up. If we believe his works in entirety (as a simple example) then we have to acknowledge that the Roman world was populated with peoples resembling a Heironymous Bosch painting. We know this wasn't the case. More importantly though, the Herodotus you were quoting refers to a tribe deep within the Atlas mountains. The Garmantians were located in the desert to the south of Leptis Magna (Libya). The Atarantians (seperate tribe) are ten days south of them (Atlas mountains). Aside from Herodotus, who else has ever put Atlantis deep withing the Atlas mountain range? Aside from anything, it makes it extremely difficult for it to sink into the sea!

Aelian is more interesting as a source but it must be recognised that he was a scholar and he taught rhetoric. He was extremely well versed in the Platonic school of thought. He also lived during the reigns of, amongst others, Septimius Severus. It has to be recognised that this was an "age of Iron and rust", as described by the divine Marcus Aurelius (who was, frankly, hero worshipped throughout the empire during this period). In this age, scholars, rhetoroticians and the general great and the good were perfectly aware that the Empire was teetering and that old school honour, duty and discipline were a thing of the past - they hankered after a return to (as they saw it) old school virtue and often evoked Homer and Virgil, as well as Plato.

In short, each of those examples is supposition rather than evidence.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

these documents are nothing more than the logistics and records of transport of quarried rock and delivery there of !

Im talking about architectural drawings, using angles and measurements , length , breadth , depth ,
load bearing walls , structures etc .
The calculations they'd need to have made to acutally allow a structure that big to exist , need to have been created , you couldnt do this all in your head !

There are no records of those drawings , or any of the calculations they would need to have made to make this structure a reality. Even single story buildings need architectural drawings and calculations need to be made , you cant just do it off the top of your head!
Not at this scale , hell even the smallest of houses need planning !
The only structure youd get away with is a lean too or a grass / mud hut!

even then you still need to understand load bearing structures

So again I ask where are the architectural drawings ? , not the logs and records of construction workers discussing shipments of stones !

I was speaking to a friend and we both collectively remembered that the architects / workers were killed after construction and buried along with their pharaoh.

I cant remember if this was a myth or true.

Anyway where are the architectural drawings , surely they would have kept them ?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
As for Atlantis , if this city state was such a place of importance , why did no one at the time try to raid the place to loot anything that may have been left behind after the disaster.

Also as harte or someone else pointed out , Plato mentions a great war with the people of Atlantis , and the greeks defeated them so why is there no epic of this war ?
why is it less important than the trojan war

surely the greeks would have written epic tales of those wars, however I do recall reading that this was before the time of athens in the time before the first flood
I remember reading about Solon of Athens trip to egypt and writing about athens war with the atlanteans

not sure how true this is !

solon / egypt

Are these stories of Solon , just that stories or are they more evidence to back up Plato !

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

The hole in the sphinx head was made by Egyptologists. The original hole was small and likely was made there to hold some sort of headpiece.

I believe it was Vyse that drilled into it looking for ... well, what people here claim Egyptologists don't look for.

He broke off a big drill bit in it that was only removed recently (within the last 10-15 years, IIRC) by Zahi Hawass.

They had to enlarge the hole to get it out. .

Well actually, it's clearly shown in the video i originally posted, that there are renderings of the sphinx with a rather large human sized hole in its head all the way back to 1913. And amazingly with illustrations of rooms inside.

Remarkable discoveries within the Sphinx the temple within its hollow head. Professor G. A. Reisners interesting discoveries. A diagrammatic view of hidden temples and a stairway inside the Sphinx. Date 1913

www.ebay.com.au...

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: andre18

Well actually, it's clearly shown in the video i originally posted, that there are renderings of the sphinx with a rather large human sized hole in its head all the way back to 1913. And amazingly with illustrations of rooms inside.

Remarkable discoveries within the Sphinx the temple within its hollow head. Professor G. A. Reisners interesting discoveries. A diagrammatic view of hidden temples and a stairway inside the Sphinx. Date 1913

www.ebay.com.au...

And no depictions of a headpiece!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
.post error.

edit on 7-2-2018 by anti72 because: post error

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andre18

www.ebay.com.au...

and you actually seem to believe in this nonsense somehow..
otherwise you wouldn't post this fraudulent YT video shouting 'proof' over it..
lol.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: anti72

so all of these separate articles by journalists , historians, researchers and illustrators have been perpetuating a hoax going back to 1913

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: anti72

You're quick to bash a youtuber without giving ACTUAL reasons why he's fraudulent other than just saying he is. Nonsense why? Dude if you're going to make a remark like that, at the very least, explain yourself, instead of just outright slandering.

Also, you havnt even read the book, dont know it's contents and you're ready still to say bs. Please never apply for a position that requires basic skills of inquiry, they wont hire you.

edit: after re-watching the video ,guys...in the book it's said they found a city of gold underneath the sphinx! So for the past century it's been kept hidden from the public. Amazing stuff

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join