It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Issues Rare Official Statement on the Memo

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Trump will declassify the memo "with FBI edits" according to Fox News cable moments ago.

"Technical edits" they are calling it.

Possibly out by tomorrow!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

My post was in response to the content of the poster I responded to.
Understanding my post required reading the post I responded to.

Common error around here.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Trump will declassify the memo "with FBI edits" according to Fox News cable moments ago.

The FBI didn't edit the Memo.

Nunes did.
He claims it was in response to FBI complaints.

True or not - That memo is no longer the same as the memo Congress voted to release to the public.
Legally the Memo Nunes now wants to release is different than what congress approved.

He is trying to "lie less" in the Memo to head-off blow-back.

Nunes is a constant #-show IMO.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Just relaying what Fox News is reporting. And that's it.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I hope they do investigate the FBI. But you poke that bear, you better be squeaky clean yourself or you might live to regret it.

eta...who's got the cahones to issue a legal incitement against any 3 letters or the DOJ? They are all bros you know. You go looking for trouble; you might just find it.

It looks like "that bear" isn't who we thought it was at all! Turns out the real bear was Trump and he got poked too much. With the wind at his back and his 'reckless' completely uninhibited actions, he is literally rolling over these alpha agencies, stupid political protocols and rewriting the book on how not to conform to partisan politics while being falsely accused and investigated. I think many people forget that Trump was a democrat for many many years.

There's a lot of squirming going on in this writhing snake pit.

Pelosi is screaming for Nunes to step down. She has written a letter to Speaker Ryan - "Congressman Nunes' deliberately dishonest actions make him unfit to serve as Chairman, and he must be removed immediately from this position."

Hopefully the memo will be released tomorrow as has been stated on Fox news. Meanwhile, CNN still stuck on stupid with Russia, Russia, Russia.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Here is the report.

Fox News is told that the version Trump plans to declassify contains only “technical edits” made at the request of the FBI.

Sources said the edited version was shown to five FBI officials at the White House on Tuesday afternoon. Sources said the officials were satisfied that the edited memo addressed concerns they had about the earlier version they reviewed on Monday.

Schiff, Wray, etc are clearly trying to stall any way they can.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

I actually did read the post that you were responding to, so you are doing something called jumping to conclusions.

There actually was a story out before the election about Russians and Trump Tower.... Look who tipped Slate off....

In late spring, this community of malware hunters placed itself in a high state of alarm. Word arrived that Russian hackers had infiltrated the servers of the Democratic National Committee, an attack persuasively detailed by the respected cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike. The computer scientists posited a logical hypothesis, which they set out to rigorously test: If the Russians were worming their way into the DNC, they might very well be attacking other entities central to the presidential campaign, including Donald Trump’s many servers. “We wanted to help defend both campaigns, because we wanted to preserve the integrity of the election,” says one of the academics, who works at a university that asked him not to speak with reporters because of the sensitive nature of his work.

Gee, that's a familiar name... isn't it?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

"Redactions" is more accurate. Redactions, requested by the Intelligence Community.

Source: Washington Post @ 10:55am Eastern. (Google It. Can't paste link here.)

This memo is THE REAL DEAL.

edit on 2/1/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I actually did read the post that you were responding to, so you are doing something called jumping to conclusions.

There actually was a story out before the election about Russians and Trump Tower.... Look who tipped Slate off....

In late spring, this community of malware hunters placed itself in a high state of alarm. Word arrived that Russian hackers had infiltrated the servers of the Democratic National Committee, an attack persuasively detailed by the respected cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike. The computer scientists posited a logical hypothesis, which they set out to rigorously test: If the Russians were worming their way into the DNC, they might very well be attacking other entities central to the presidential campaign, including Donald Trump’s many servers. “We wanted to help defend both campaigns, because we wanted to preserve the integrity of the election,” says one of the academics, who works at a university that asked him not to speak with reporters because of the sensitive nature of his work.

Gee, that's a familiar name... isn't it?

Nothing personal, but this is getting bizarre.

The claim was that FBI tapped Trump at Trump Towers.
The poster said there was MSM articles saying the same.
I asked for links.

You are now citing Crowdstrike warning both campaigns that Russian hackers were trying to penetrate servers?

BTW - Are you aware that the Crowdstrike was actually employed by the Trump Campaign?

Your post is not relevant to you last posts.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

🕛🕧🕐🕜🕑🕝🕒🕞🕓🕟🕔🕠🕕🕡🕖🕢🕗🕣🕘🕤🕙🕥🕚🕦

Get ready for the bombshell of the Century 🎯

😎

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

I hope they do investigate the FBI. But you poke that bear, you better be squeaky clean yourself or you might live to regret it.

eta...who's got the cahones to issue a legal incitement against any 3 letters or the DOJ? They are all bros you know. You go looking for trouble; you might just find it.

It looks like "that bear" isn't who we thought it was at all! Turns out the real bear was Trump and he got poked too much. With the wind at his back and his 'reckless' completely uninhibited actions, he is literally rolling over these alpha agencies, stupid political protocols and rewriting the book on how not to conform to partisan politics while being falsely accused and investigated.

Wow - You got some real Trump worship going on there.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You will really think your world is bizarre at the end of the day today.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

🕛🕧🕐🕜🕑🕝🕒🕞🕓🕟🕔🕠🕕🕡🕖🕢🕗🕣🕘🕤🕙🕥🕚🕦

😎

Oh, I am not opposed to the release of the memo.

I don't believe it will have the result Trump/Trumpites are hoping for.

The last Nunes escapade on Trump's behalf ended up exploding in his face with an 8 months ethical inquiry...by a GOP led committee.

This Nunes adventure looks far more consequential.

The fact that he is editing it at the last minute to water it down suggests that he didn't think it all the way through.

I am in the "Release the memo" crowd, but for different reasons than you.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You will really think your world is bizarre at the end of the day today.

Releasing a memo with " material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy" as the FBI explained in service of squashing an independent special counsel investigation?

LOL...Go for it!

Paul Ryan and others are already searching for shelter from the inevitable fall-out.

Watch what happens next

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Saw this today on twitter and couldn't resist..

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

That is actually pretty well done. Kudos to the creator.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It looks like "that bear" isn't who we thought it was at all! Turns out the real bear was Trump and he got poked too much. With the wind at his back and his 'reckless' completely uninhibited actions, he is literally rolling over these alpha agencies, stupid political protocols and rewriting the book on how not to conform to partisan politics while being falsely accused and investigated.

The facts speak for themselves. There's a new sheriff in town and it shows. Never before have these unchallenged alpha agencies been quaking in their boots, because NEVER BEFORE have they been confronted and their activities exposed like what is happening now. Like good little minions, Americans and their political leaders have conformed and obeyed these powerful agencies, no questions asked. Now the tide is turning and I'm excited as hell for the corruptness to be exposed. TRANSPARENCY all the way baby. No more hiding behind "classified" covers, no more fooling the people.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

🕛🕧🕐🕜🕑🕝🕒🕞🕓🕟🕔🕠🕕🕡🕖🕢🕗🕣🕘🕤🕙🕥🕚🕦

😎

And this...Another Senior GOP running for shelter from the certain blowback

As White House legal and national security experts reviewed the document, the Senate’s No. 3 Republican, John Thune, urged his House of Representatives colleagues to allow the Senate Intelligence Committee to review the document and to heed the FBI’s concerns before they made it public.

www.reuters.com...

And this..
Paul Ryan urges Republicans to take caution with FBI memo
He also urged them not to connect the memo's findings to Robert Mueller's probe.
www.politico.com...

Good luck to Nunes

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The facts speak for themselves. There's a new sheriff in town and it shows. Never before have these unchallenged alpha agencies been quaking in their boots,

Let me help you with the trump worship fantasy with a visual.
Maybe print and mail it to the WH for his autograph?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The facts speak for themselves. There's a new sheriff in town and it shows. Never before have these unchallenged alpha agencies been quaking in their boots,

Let me help you with the trump worship fantasy with a visual.
Maybe print and mail it to the WH for his autograph?

DIggin a little deep there? Personally, I'm wasn't a fan of Trump the man, his pompousness and mannerisms etc. And you would know that if you had read all my posts prior to his election. But as president, he's unprecedented and I like what is going on. His 'bull in a china shop' style is exactly what this country needs at this time, it's good for America. I love this country and the messages he is bringing. MAGA!!!!!!!

Walk all over liberal protocol which has gotten completely out of hand. The stall tactics and delays in answers and resolutions are being tossed into the trash bin. Chit or get off the pot.

And your posts depict the problem we face every day. Dragging feet on things that should be exposed for what they are. Convoluting and muddying the waters.

edit on 1-2-2018 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join