It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Issues Rare Official Statement on the Memo

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus
No, wasn't hypothetical at all since I gave an example of just such a thing happening. (Which you cleverly edited from your response.)www.nytimes.com...

I was simply answering BFFT's question about who could object to investigation of the FBIs by giving an example of past behaviors. People, including never-Trump-Republicans could be very, very uncomfortable if the evidence shows that they were complicit in the wiretap scenario. Elmer helped send half a dozen or so of his Democrat colleagues to the pokey on bribery and conspiracy charges. I think there was one Republican caught up in that too. My point being that members of the Republican party who may have cooperated in this mess could become very uncomfortable when their role is revealed so they may be the ones leading the resistance. Since we're all only speculating anyway, haven't seen the memo or the evidence used to construct it.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
This is how you do a press release the proper way. Nunes Statement on FBI, DOJ Objections to Release of HPSCI Memo

“Having stonewalled Congress’ demands for information for nearly a year, it’s no surprise to see the FBI and DOJ issue spurious objections to allowing the American people to see information related to surveillance abuses at these agencies. The FBI is intimately familiar with ‘material omissions’ with respect to their presentations to both Congress and the courts, and they are welcome to make public, to the greatest extent possible, all the information they have on these abuses. Regardless, it’s clear that top officials used unverified information in a court document to fuel a counter-intelligence investigation during an American political campaign. Once the truth gets out, we can begin taking steps to ensure our intelligence agencies and courts are never misused like this again.”

Still think it's full of lies?

Boom. Mic drop.

I second that boom.

Honestly, I don't think right wingers are going to like how this end game plays out.

Carry on though.

Really? I don't think the investigation would be in the *state* it is if Trump colluded with Russia to influence the presidential election AND the FBI/Special prosecutor/DOJ were genuinely interested in seeing justice served.

Less than the Scooter Libby outcome...less than Rod Blagojevich....less than the fizzle of the Hillary email investigation....

It will be like the Vince Foster Investigation...Russia *offed* themselves, so to speak. They acted alone. The president committed no crime.

That's what we should all be prepared for.

That's the FBI's track record.

However, IF the FBI were to recommend Trump be indicted...do you really believe there would be enough confidence in that recommendation to move forward with prosecution and see it through to a guilty verdict after all this???

I don't.

We're being strung along...again, IMO.

Voters on either side will not be satisfied with the results.
edit on 1/31/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: rickymouse
Notice their wording. They did not say that the information in the memo was incorrect. They did not say that all of the memo was not correct. They only stated that some information that was necessary to explain the memo better is missing.

I am sure that there were some reasons for some of the actions by the FBI that were legit, for a president to order surveillance on both parties to make sure they are not plants from Russia or China or any country we do not have good relations with is fine. But what was done with this information is what is of concern, it was leaked, it was given to Hillary's campaign, it was twisted into a nest of deceit by the media.

Now the FBI can see the twisting with this but makes no statements of how information leaked from the FBI that benefits the Democratic party and liberals is being twisted by the press. Can't the leaders of the FBI see this, who is blinding them?

No leaks should be coming from the FBI or any intelligence agency. People caught doing this should be put in prison immediately.

Kind of like the context of the "secret society" text which turned out to be nothing but a joke. Context is extremely important and the FBI is saying that without that context the memo is nothing but rubbish.

Some parts of the report probably are right, but as you said, some of it is rubbish because it is out of context. I kind of want to read the memo if it comes out to try to identify what is true and what is Rubbish. Just because the report might contain material that does not have all of the information attached does not mean it does not have truth to it. We cannot discount the whole report either justbecause one part of it might have flaws. Nothing in the FBI response said that it was outright wrong, I saw nothing about that. I see that the FBI does not want to have partial evidence without an explanation attached, why don't they come out with an explanation after the memo is made public, how come they did not bring the problem up before it was allowed to go public, I am sure those congressmen would have possibly altered the memo to be correct or pertinent.

The way this is unfolding, it looks like the FBI is trying to do damage control, making it look that the whole memo is wrong. Most people, especially the media, is not looking at the exact wording of the FBI response.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Its not like the memo is an adjudicated decision or something. Its an allegation based on evidence. From there, it can be investigated, im sure.

Given what we know, why on Earth would anyone oppose investigating the FBI and DOJ?

Because it will expose the politicians who imposed upon the FBI and DOJ to "do things" they shouldn't have.

(I know you know, I just wanted to say it).

You mean Trump? right? Demanding Loyalty from Comey, Asking Rosenstein if he is on his team? Repeatedly asking what he could do to shut down the investigation? Ad Nuaseum.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people keep hanging on to the fake news you mentioned there. So far what has come out of the FBI and DOJ have nothing to do with any Trump corruption (because there isn't any except your fantasy type), and everything to do with people against Trump who are the true colluders, who have attempted all kinds of government manipulations to find and manufacture dirt on Trump, and committing class C felonies in the process.

You can always hope it swings the other way though even though it has been a fruitless adventure so far.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The FBI is compromised, why are they even getting a say so.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

"We have grave concerns... that the public will finally understand how badly we've been abusing their rights."

Yeah, this.

Does no one remember J. Edgar Hoover? This is the damned FBI we are talking about. Of course they will spin and cover their own ass...it's just what they do.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

i see your point., but i remember trump said his phones were tapped by obama admin and the media humped up and down how is this red haired clown accusing our savior barry of such ridculous claims guess what trump was right. the memo probably will show the whole sorted mess . probably why fbi director retired we already know while he was investigating clinton his wife was given 700 k was it a bribe? sure looks like one.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
The FBI is compromised, why are they even getting a say so.

When the citizen is corrupt, we call in the police.

When the police is corrupt, we call in the F.B.I.

When your top law enforcement agency is found to be filled with corruption, who ya gonna call?

Ghost Busters?

It's time to call in an international task force to monitor and investigate the whole system.

There's only the United Nations security forces and the International World Court left, that are above and have the power to do anything to fix this level of corruption.

That's why so many people say don't release the MEMO,

It could cause a "snowball" rolling down the mountain, resulting in an "avalanche of disclosures"...

we might even find out that "Aliens" are behind the government pulling the strings...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
This is how you do a press release the proper way. Nunes Statement on FBI, DOJ Objections to Release of HPSCI Memo

“Having stonewalled Congress’ demands for information for nearly a year, it’s no surprise to see the FBI and DOJ issue spurious objections to allowing the American people to see information related to surveillance abuses at these agencies. The FBI is intimately familiar with ‘material omissions’ with respect to their presentations to both Congress and the courts, and they are welcome to make public, to the greatest extent possible, all the information they have on these abuses. Regardless, it’s clear that top officials used unverified information in a court document to fuel a counter-intelligence investigation during an American political campaign. Once the truth gets out, we can begin taking steps to ensure our intelligence agencies and courts are never misused like this again.”

Still think it's full of lies?

Boom. Mic drop.

I second that boom.

Honestly, I don't think right wingers are going to like how this end game plays out.

Carry on though.

Really? I don't think the investigation would be in the *state* it is if Trump colluded with Russia to influence the presidential election AND the FBI/Special prosecutor/DOJ were genuinely interested in seeing justice served.

Less than the Scooter Libby outcome...less than Rod Blagojevich....less than the fizzle of the Hillary email investigation....

It will be like the Vince Foster Investigation...Russia *offed* themselves, so to speak. They acted alone. The president committed no crime.

That's what we should all be prepared for.

That's the FBI's track record.

However, IF the FBI were to recommend Trump be indicted...do you really believe there would be enough confidence in that recommendation to move forward with prosecution and see it through to a guilty verdict after all this???

I don't.

We're being strung along...again, IMO.

Voters on either side will not be satisfied with the results.

Interesting theory.
It sisters into the revelation that Storzk co-authored the letter re-opening the HRC Email probe a couple weeks before election day. Doesn't sound like he was batting for Hillary as the GOP claimed.

I have to admit, this does seem to take on the flavor of "actors, with all the world a stage" at times.

Either way I am rooting for an interesting finale. I predict indictments, but it is thriller with twists and turns.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

And as far as timing for the Finale..

Mueller's team re-scheduled sentencing hearings for both Papadopolis and Flynn for April and May.

That suggests the time frame they won't need them anymore and can cut them loose with a lenient sentencing recommendation or probation.

The government was set to deliver a status report on Flynn's case to the court Thursday, but both sides have asked to delay the deadline for that report until May 1.

Previously, a status update in the case of George Papadopoulos, President Donald Trump's former campaign adviser, which the special counsel is also overseeing was delayed from February until mid-April.

Taken together, the Flynn and Papadopoulos delays suggest special counsel Robert Mueller is not preparing for the investigation to wrap up before the spring.

www.cnn.com...

It also aligns with Muellers move to interview Trump.

They expect to wrap up in May at the latest as best I can tell.
But who knows.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

No substance and a lot of guessing.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

The thing I find interesting is they aren't disputing the facts of thr memo. What they are saying is there needs to be additional imformaton added to the memo. So do you think will get a release from the FBI for that information?

Unlike the president, the FBI cant unilaterally declassify whatever they want. So, they'll be unable to reveal classified info omitted from the memo that might explain its contents. That's a huge problem because it lets the president shape the narrative into whatever he wants...likely whatever will serve to distract the public's attention from the Russia investigation. If you can't kill the message, kill the messenger. For a conspiracy website, a lot of people are missing the obvious conspiracy. I remember when this site was about getting at the truth. It's just become a right wing propaganda machine, parroting trump while he parrots Fox News. I really loved this site, and it's truly unfortunate what it's become. Most of the posts are linked to right-wing bloggers and accepted as fact immediately.

OPs like xuenchen post six threads per day over the course of 12 hours from 5:00am to 5:00pm - like it's a full time job. One wonders who is paying this guy to spend 12 hours a day on a conspiracy forum. There was a time when the users at ATS would look closer at something like this. Not anymore. I remember reading that the same Russian hackers organized competing pro- and anti-Islamic protests at the same location on the same date. Almost like they wanted to incite a riot and watch the city burn. Any of you critical thinkers ever consider the fact that you're being manipulated by the man who is telling you what you want to hear - mixing lies with a little bit of truth, linking to a source you don't bother to question? Remember when you used to challenge your own preconceptions instead of searching only for evidence to support them and ignoring everything else? Once you've sworn your undying loyalty to a fake hero, he can do no wrong in your eyes. His enemies become your enemies. You'll abandon your principles and your logic along the way because he demands it. You'll convince yourself in the end that it was your choice to stop thinking, to stop questioning when he tells you to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Once you've put those blinders on, you'll angrily lash out at anyone who tries to reason with you. You'll ignore reality until you walk right off a cliff. That's where this site is going with every passing day when it's flooded with propaganda. I'm not looking down on anyone. It's human nature and it will never change.

edit on 31-1-2018 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Before Trump talked about being tapped there are msn articles stating Trump towers and a server there were "tapped". Then they did a 180 saying it never happened after saying multiple sources confirmed it.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So... is it common for a classified memo to be full of fake/false information? How can it be both classified AND full of false information? Is it often the FBI releases a statement that it's own memo is full of misinformation?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: proteus33

Before Trump talked about being tapped there are msn articles stating Trump towers and a server there were "tapped". Then they did a 180 saying it never happened after saying multiple sources confirmed it.

"Trump Towers" were tapped, but before Trump ever declared he was running. A Russian Mafia ring operated out of Trump tower. It is public record.

Carter Page was under a FISA warrant, but that was not tapping Trump Tower.

Carter Page was also interviewed by the FBI before Trump declared because he was caught passing documents and information to known Russian spies (Since convicted). Page at the time said he didn't know they were spies and didn't know the information was sensitive.

If you have evidence or solid reporting that Trump Tower was tapped, please provide it.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Are you trying to confuse someone?

You say this first...

"Trump Towers" were tapped, but before Trump ever declared he was running.

Then you finish with this.....

If you have evidence or solid reporting that Trump Tower was tapped, please provide it.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So... is it common for a classified memo to be full of fake/false information? How can it be both classified AND full of false information? Is it often the FBI releases a statement that it's own memo is full of misinformation?

The memo was not from the fbi.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

??????

It is not the FBI's memo.
It is Nunes memo.
He based it on classified material the FBI gave him access to.
FBI is claiming that he cherry picked and distorted data to fit a false narrative.

IN OTHER NEWS:

The Memo sent to Trump for approval is NOT the same as the memo that GOP voted to release.
Nunes changed the memo before forwarding to Trump.

Is that legal? It's different than what was approved for release by congress.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You seem confused.

The poster claimed Trump was tapped at Trump Tower.

I explained that the only time we know trump tower was tapped was during an investigation into a Russian Mafia ring that was run out of the tower before Trump even declared.

Two buyers in Sunny Isles, Anatoly Golubchik and Michael Sall, were convicted for taking part in a massive international gambling and money-laundering syndicate that was run out of Trump Tower in New York. The ring, according to the FBI, was operating under the protection of the Russian mafia.

newrepublic.com...

I asked the poster to support the claim that Trump was tapped at Trump Tower during the campaign, like Trump claimed and the poster asserted.

Let me know if you still can't understand.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

With your explanation, I understand what you wanted to convey originally.

But you did not explain that in your original post, hence why I quoted your sentences that that say what they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join