It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Issues Rare Official Statement on the Memo

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
If the FBIs objection is that the memo doesn’t tell the whole story then the FBI can release what they believe does tell the whole story.

Classified Intel and sources.
That is the game Nunes is playing.
In order to debunk the inferences and conclusions of the memo, Nunes knows the FBI would have to share "highly-classified" sensitive sources, methods etc.

Multiple GOP on the intelligence committee have said the same.
I also don't think Trey Gowdy's announcement is coincidental. He is one of the few that has seen the underlying intelligence for the Memo and knows the memo is bunk.

One example I can think of? Carter Page rumored to have met with known Russian Agents in Moscow when he gave his talk.
That was human intel from inside the Kremlin according to the articles I read last year.

Nunes memo will claim it was the Dossier that got the FISA Warrant on Page, when in reality it was likely tapped Russian phones and inside sources at the Kremlin.

They can't expose the full FISA court application of Carter Page without burning sources and potentially scuttling the active Special Counsel probe.

The Memo is a win-win. If the FBI is forced to rebut it? It could expose current US Human assets in the Kremlin or better yet, screw up the Special Counsel's ongoing investigation.

The FBI knows this. Thus the statement.

Nunes is doing the FSB spy hunting for them.

edit on 31-1-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Following this from the other side of the ocean I find it hard to believe people actually think this Nunes memo is really something. Hadn't been here for a while, did the Russians take over?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So they made an official rebuttal... to a statement that wasn't real?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

You are just guessing on all of that since you have never seen the memo or it’s underlying sources. The FBI has refused to participate in oversight and I forone am not comfortable with them running around without it. Get the Memo out in the open and then let’s see.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Sessions is pacing the floor and drinking bourbon and talking to himself right about now.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh stop. It's all over the friggin news.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Nunes just confirmed that it was a joint HPSIC effort that created the memo and not Republicans. I stated that right from the beginning. Who will admit that they were wrong about that i wonder?

Source?

It's right there in the article. The Hill isn't Fake News or are they?

Oh that sucks.
Nunes fires back at FBI for 'spurious objections' to memo release

Well called it. Again.
False narrative just went POOF!

Nunes and his staff compiled the memo from classified material provided by the DOJ and FBI. Numerous Republicans as well as the White House have been advocating its release, which may happen this week.

"Nunes just confirmed that it was a joint HPSIC effort that created the memo "

That wasn't in that article you linked to.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I think if we can *know* what's in the unverified Russian dossier on the POTUS, then we can *know* what's in the unverified memo on the FBI & DOJ.

I don't see any argument against that which holds water.

We, the People, have oversight powers.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

My theory, release it and let the chips fall where they may.

Yep. What more needs saying? Release it, and see where it goes.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

My apologies, I see that was January, of last year.

However, we do not know that Schiff is telling the truth.

We do know that the minorty was always objecting to witness
interviews, maybe they decided to skip some meetings too.

Its not like Schiff isnt biased to the point where he should step down.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ParkerCramer

How sweet. Thanks.
MTUBY too.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: burntheships

Sessions is pacing the floor and drinking bourbon and talking to himself right about now.

proof?

I saw a video of him that would indicate just the opposite.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Fri ? or Sat? Monday was the day they presented the request. Five days from then is Saturday. Or they count the day they gave it as day one?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spinoza73
Following this from the other side of the ocean I find it hard to believe people actually think this Nunes memo is really something. Hadn't been here for a while, did the Russians take over?

Yes, the Russians took over, and are now running things behind the scenes.

The Russians are now trying to destroy America's ability to maintain effective National Security operations, by using their mole Manchurian Candidate Trump, to break down the FBI and DOJ and eventually all other agencies, by revealing secrets damaging to their operations, so that the Russians will have no opposition, and can run things "more smoothly" behind the curtain.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
NUNES: Here is where treason occurred.

FBI: Muh Reasons

edit on 31-1-2018 by Tempter because: Sp

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

You are just guessing on all of that since you have never seen the memo or it’s underlying sources.
The FBI has refused to participate in oversight and I forone am not comfortable with them running around without it. Get the Memo out in the open and then let’s see.

Reportedly (from multiple sources) the memo claims that a FISA warrant was issued on Carter Page based on the Dossier.

FBI's rebuttal will either be that the Dossier was a small part of evidence they included in the application to surviel Carter Page or they will explain that the Dossier was sufficient for the Warrant because...wait for it...they have verified enough of the Dossier to make it a credible part of a Warrant Application.

Either of those explanations would involve "Highly Classified" material and sources.

But honestly?

Page was busted by the FBI handing over material to Russian Spies (now convicted) back in 2014.
That's public knowledge.

So the FISA court really didn't need much to sign off on a warrant.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Perfectenemy

No. This is what you said:

Nunes just confirmed that it was a joint HPSIC effort that created the memo and not Republicans.

Nowhere does Nunes say that the minority had any involvement in the memo and ironically, the excerpt you posted from The Hill article says, "Nunes and his staff compiled the memo."

Not only that but Nunes never even saw the source material. He drew his conclusions from info he got from Gowdy.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

FBI Issues Rare Official Statement

So, let's just separate the rank-and-file agents and staffers that are constitutionally dedicated to their jobs. When I refer to the FBI, I am not referencing those folks, I'm focusing on their bosses - the top brass who sit in on WH Intel briefings etc etc and have real power to influence society(s).

Now, with that said, the release of an official statement regarding an event, before the event has occurred, is a precautionary measure aimed squarely at defending what they are anticipating will become the focus of discussions - post memo release.

The FBI is clearly in the centre cross-hairs of the memos contents, and given their history of entrapment and ambushing folks, I'm getting the impression that the FBI is about to go through the proverbial fire to be cleansed.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Is there a set time for when the memo is be released?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Why because Nunes is so credible? God such short memories.

Its only about Nunes while he's an intermediary. Eventually its about evidence, then about proof. Without working through those final 2, none of it matters.

If you truly believe a bunch of media bluster can throw off an FBI investigation, then you seem to hold them in similar regard as me, and likely should welcome their evaluation and accountability.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join