It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Issues Rare Official Statement on the Memo

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Is there a set time for when the memo is be released?

Shouldn't be too much longer matey - FOX is now in Memo-OCD mode, that's always a give-away of something about to drop.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I think it's more what is left out than what is included.

INCLUDED: "The FBI obtained a warrant from a FISA court based on the unverified Steele dossier."

OMITTED: "FBI lawyers appeared before the FISA court judge wearing tassled pasties and g-strings and dropping Benjamins all over the bench."

The FBI's statement is meaningless, as is.

Yeah, I mean what DON't we know about the workings of the Intel agencies?

We know they have every tweet, email, text, phone call and can turn on your phones, PC's and laptops to spy on you with your own cameras.

Spy sats, spies, moles, drones the size of bugs, remote viewing, magic, aliens, bugged house pets.

So what is there to hide about ways and means except how they got permission or not, to do it?

So to me, it's all about CYA.

edit on 1 31 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Perfectenemy

No. This is what you said:

Nunes just confirmed that it was a joint HPSIC effort that created the memo and not Republicans.

Nowhere does Nunes say that the minority had any involvement in the memo and ironically, the excerpt you posted from The Hill article says, "Nunes and his staff compiled the memo."

Not only that but Nunes never even saw the source material. He drew his conclusions from info he got from Gowdy.

And Gowdy felt so great about the product that he announced today he was leaving politics even though he was a shoe-in in the mid-terms?

In a broad sense...
By releasing a bunk memo that can only be debunked by the FBI showing all their cards before Mueller concludes his investigation?
It's not a coincidence that suddenly Trump does not want to talk ..

Trump's lawyers argue Mueller has not met threshold for presidential interview
www.cnn.com...

Or that Trump and GOP are gunning for Rosenstein now, the only one who can sign off on Mueller's conclusions when he gets there.

Or that it came out today that Trump asked Rosenstein before his congressional testimony "Are you on my team?".

Things are coming to a head.

Shall be interesting.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah yeah. That whole fighting back thing.
He should just let them finish instead of all this fighting back because fighting back looks like hiding and obstructing. And it sounds so sixth grade school yard. Fighting back is not serving him well.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

They have an inside man at the Kremlin.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

They have an inside man at the Kremlin.

So they are colluding?

Thought so.

Not very legal, ya think?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
This is how you do a press release the proper way. Nunes Statement on FBI, DOJ Objections to Release of HPSCI Memo

“Having stonewalled Congress’ demands for information for nearly a year, it’s no surprise to see the FBI and DOJ issue spurious objections to allowing the American people to see information related to surveillance abuses at these agencies. The FBI is intimately familiar with ‘material omissions’ with respect to their presentations to both Congress and the courts, and they are welcome to make public, to the greatest extent possible, all the information they have on these abuses. Regardless, it’s clear that top officials used unverified information in a court document to fuel a counter-intelligence investigation during an American political campaign. Once the truth gets out, we can begin taking steps to ensure our intelligence agencies and courts are never misused like this again.”

Still think it's full of lies?

Boom. Mic drop.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

"With regard to the House Intelligence Committee's memorandum, the FBI was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it," the agency said in a statement.

"As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo's accuracy."

AP Link

CNN Link

The hill

Not much to say.

The FBI would not take the unusual step of issuing an official public statement unless they were prepared to back it up.

This aligns with Paul Ryan, leader of the house, cautioning house members against publicly attaching themselves too much to the memo.

One of the Texas Representatives (Lloyd Doggett) who did review the memo issued the same caution. He did not elaborate but he said that he had the same concerns as stated in this FBI announcement. He indicated that without context it could be read in several ways, depending on one's outlook.

He did NOT elaborate on specifics.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Its not like the memo is an adjudicated decision or something. Its an allegation based on evidence. From there, it can be investigated, im sure.

Given what we know, why on Earth would anyone oppose investigating the FBI and DOJ?

Well, the Republicans who were cooperating in the never-Trump mess, some possibly being used by the FBI as informants could be very uncomfortable now. Wouldn't be the first time the FBI used Congress critters under investigation to get dirt they wanted to use. Remember ABSCAM? Our very own Congress critter from western KY was "Elmer Fudd" in that sting, said he was "an FBI slave" for six months in hopes of having the investigations of his misuse of campaign funds cease.

If you remember Congress cried "Foul!" when several of their members were marched off to the crossbar hotel.

Oh, and Elmer Fudd didn't get out of his campaign finance problems even after serving as an "FBI slave." He went to jail anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am more curious about the outcome of the Mueller investigation. Ow, people of the USA, what a spectacle, all of this.

Fine to investigate your judicial and security organs, but this memo is only fabricated to distract from questions more real and we all know so. Or am I being ignorant?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

From my perspective it seems to be going well

But all i want is to see the fbi brought down

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Oh I guess your side is the only one allowed to imagine and wool gather or be sarcastic huh?

This is like playing monopoly with my cousin Sharon before I could read well. The rules kept changing depending on what she needed it to be.

Thanks for setting me straight.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

This is how you do a press release the proper way. Nunes Statement on FBI, DOJ Objections to Release of HPSCI Memo

“Having stonewalled Congress’ demands for information for nearly a year, it’s no surprise to see the FBI and DOJ issue spurious objections to allowing the American people to see information related to surveillance abuses at these agencies. The FBI is intimately familiar with ‘material omissions’ with respect to their presentations to both Congress and the courts, and they are welcome to make public, to the greatest extent possible, all the information they have on these abuses. Regardless, it’s clear that top officials used unverified information in a court document to fuel a counter-intelligence investigation during an American political campaign. Once the truth gets out, we can begin taking steps to ensure our intelligence agencies and courts are never misused like this again.”

Boom. Mic drop.

I second that boom.

We, the American people will decide. Then, if we have more questions about the Memo, we will ask for all the documents.

Let's clean up the mess from the corrupt past, and start the steps needed for the American People to retrieve the trust we once had in our intelligence agencies. Obama's weaponization of our FBI is not a small insignificant thing.

James Comey should be ashamed....if not handcuffed and prosecuted. I wonder what made him do it.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Behind the scenes? They met with Mike Pompeo in person just recently.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Its not like the memo is an adjudicated decision or something. Its an allegation based on evidence. From there, it can be investigated, im sure.

Given what we know, why on Earth would anyone oppose investigating the FBI and DOJ?

Because it will expose the politicians who imposed upon the FBI and DOJ to "do things" they shouldn't have.

(I know you know, I just wanted to say it).

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Not at all.

I was very serious that Jeff Sessions addressed this in a speech,
he said the DOJ needed scrutiny, and invited it. He seemed rather jovial.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Well, the Republicans who were cooperating in the never-Trump mess, some possibly being used by the FBI as informants could be very uncomfortable now. Wouldn't be the first time the FBI used Congress critters under investigation to get dirt they wanted to use.

That is a hypothetical.

What we do know for fact is that Devin Nunes was part of the Trump Transition team.

Wonder if his efforts to stop the investigation are personal?

California's Rep. Devin Nunes will be a member of the executive committee leading President-elect Donald Trump's Presidential Transition Team, according to the campaign.

The seven-term Republican from Tulare is chairman of the House Select Intelligence Committee.

Nunes and the 15 others on the team, including Trump's children and Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus, will help make hiring decisions ahead of Trump's January swearing-in.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Because it will expose the politicians who imposed upon the FBI and DOJ to "do things" they shouldn't have.

(I know you know, I just wanted to say it).

You mean Trump? right? Demanding Loyalty from Comey, Asking Rosenstein if he is on his team? Repeatedly asking what he could do to shut down the investigation? Ad Nuaseum.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I keep a cover over my microwave now.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Boom. Mic drop.

I second that boom.

Honestly, I don't think right wingers are going to like how this end game plays out.

Carry on though.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join