It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Meat is One of the Worst Things you could do for your Karma

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yep. We are all a ripple in the water moving out from where the stone fell.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I ate a 1/3 pound angus burger. It tasted good but I didn't care for all the crap they put on it like lettuce, pickle, mayo, etc.

Now I'm watching Day After Tomorrow. LA bit the dust. It's too late for New York. Democrats would be having lots of bad karma. Me, I might have to put on a jacket. The snow in the southern states might last longer than a day or two.

Actually I did hear a YouTube video that said some think another ice age could start up.
I think an ice age might take longer than my lifetime to get here. I like it a little bit cool. That might be bad karma.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

Hey, OP....did you hear me??? Did you read my posts???

I am a cattleman. I raise beef cattle...for people to EAT!

I await your reply about my "karma". I truly do!

Beef...it's what's for dinner!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

My aunt....vegetarian, healthy eater, in great shape.

My aunt now, dead. cancer.

Do not tell me I am going to have a #ty life because of eating meat.
I am laughing inside really hard right now.

Tell you what.... when all the meat in my fridge is gone I will stop eating meat.
If my life improves, I will buy you a steak.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Hey, OP....did you hear me??? Did you read my posts???

I am a cattleman. I raise beef cattle...for people to EAT!

I await your reply about my "karma". I truly do!

Nothing quite like a fresh steak.
I didn't know what I was missing until I visited Texas,I've never had a better steak in my life,it was a supposedly a lower grade of steak but it tasted better than all the steaks I've had elsewhere that cost 5x(and were supposedly higher grade cuts) as much as that steak in Texas did. I'm a little jealous,all the steak in my area just doesn't taste half as good. We do have some awesome wings here but nothing hits the spot like a juicy steak cooked to perfection. If I lived in Texas I would probably just cook all day.(or if I was a cattleman)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege
Yea, you read that right.  

Everything you do in this life has an effect on everything else in the Universe. Just like if you throw a tiny pebble in a pond, the ripple will affect the entire pond. 

This is Newtonian physics; that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Everything you do (and think) falls into one of two categories;  it either brings you closer to the source (God) and that of unity consciousness, or brings you further away from the source, or that of separatism. Doing actions that fall under the former category positively accrues you good karma, while actions that fall under the latter catergory accrues bad karma. It is this karma which then dictates things such as "luck", health, and ascension or descension when you die to a more evolved being or a lesser evolved being. 

Everything you do affects you, others around you, and the environment. 

And eating meat destroys others around you  (the murder and rape of the animals), destroys the environment  (watch "Cowspiracy" for proof of this), and destroys your own self, as eating meat is proven to raise stress levels, blood pressure, etc.

Thus, every time you eat meat you are digging a massive karmetic hole which becomes increasingly harder to dig yourself out of. This karmetic debt must be paid eventually; whether in this life or a next life. It is paid through unfortunate life events, such as the death of a loved one, traumatic events, and break ups or affairs in marriage, among other ways. Of course, you can offset your debt before you die by giving up meats, and doing more good than bad in this life. Only then will you be spared the wrath of your own misdeeds.

As mentioned, every one that was born as a human has done a fortune of good karma actions in previous lives to be born as a human. Thus, it is truly a sad thing to see people eating meat, as they them selves often don't know what it took for them to get to this state.

Ask any vegetarian, they will tell you that the moment they become a vegetarian their life turned around and more miracles began to occur. 

So heed this warning; this is not my own personal message but comes from a higher place. If i were you and i ate meat and read this, i would at least be curious if theres some truth to this message. What do you got to lose to not eat meat for just a week? If you notice no difference than im wrong, but i promise you you will notice a shift in your being  (albiet a subtle one) and you may decide to permanently quit meat like i did. 

Peace

The logic sounds good but i doubt its that simple. IMO, science does not work in areas where we are getting into spiritual issues. The principles of science can certainly be applied to the physical world but not the spiritual aspect of things.

Human Karama is very closely related to human spiritual growth and evolution.

The Tibetans believe in karma both good and bad.

They believe we mostly incur more bad karma because we tend to do more bad things than good things. Because they believe in reincarnation, the last thing they want to do was to have take on the (likely speaking) good and bad karma of a person if they were to kill a person.

Up until China took the place over Tibet had a near zero murder and crime rate. They had no police force either because the people believed in reincarnation which means we have to atone for every bad deed we do.

Life was and is, for nearly all of us, so hard that the last thing a Tibetan would do is kill someone or do someone harm.

One other thing.

Many people feel bad and or guility because we eat meat. Lets take a cow. Consider this, while the cow is alive it gets to expereince life. If it never gets born into the this world how would it ever experence life as we know it in this world.

While its likely a cow does not like to think about the day it gets sent to its slaughter any more than we think about our own death, it goes to its slaughter knowing that its body will provide food for other living beings and for this the cow incurs good karma.

edit on 21-1-2018 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

And...if you had Colorado beef you would be even more impressed than with Texas beef!

I'll put one of my animals up against any Texas beef on any day! We consistently get USDA "Prime" (and higher) ratings. It's a lot of work, but we're proud of these animals. Right up there with Waygu (most know it as "Kobe").

Right off the rails for any thought you ever had about beef! Just derail any thought you ever had...and we guarantee it.

Any person trying to force some BS propaganda like veganism on people, trying to shame people into giving up meat, is not only misguided, but also sorely misinformed.

Yeah, I'm a cattleman. I'll be watching this thread (hear me, OP???) I'll be watching.

321,750,000 people in this country EAT beef. 3,250,000 don't...that's 1%. There are over 100,000 cattle operations in this country...making for over 5,000,000 jobs. Push that S# all you want, OP, but you are in the FAR minority.

P.S. I expect a rebuttal, a rejoinder of some sort! Otherwise, your whole premise is a pile left on the ground by the southbound end of a northbound cow!!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Every animal eats another animal to survive, it's called the food chain.... Looks like we're all going hell bugs included....
edit on 21-1-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
yeah right, the problem is:
plants are living beings too,
so if you eat plants you are doing
bad things to your karma too

hence, by your logic,
the best thing to do for your karma
is to die from hunger

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I've see it done in the movies.

Yup because those are always factually accurate.

See. First you start a fire, and put a stick in the fire until one end is red hot charcoal. Then, you take a piece of rope and tie it tightly just above your elbow, to restrict the blood flow down the arm. Then you take an axe and chop the arm off at the elbow.

Yup because that goes perfectly as planned in most cases.

And immediately use the burning stick to cauterize the end of your arm where you cut off, to prevent infections and blood from escaping. Once you're done that, you can toss the severed arm into the fire to roast the meat a bit, unless you like your meat rare. Now you've got a meal, should last a few days, and still have one good arm left.

What the hell?

Simple. At least, the way they do these things in the movies, makes it look simple. The only problem is getting up the courage to execute the plan

You do know this is real life right?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
"And eating meat destroys others around you (the murder and rape of the animals)"

Ermm rape? Sorry just that alone made me finish reading!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

The fact it would take more energy to survive the wound than the limb would give must escape him.

Also OP thinking on I can think of much worse things bad for your karma just involving kittens.
Plus if the animals didn't want to be eaten they wouldn't taste so nice.
Poison frogs did it so why didn't lamb?.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

If the creator didnt want us to eat animals , he wouldnt have made them of food!

Besides that lol every native culture in the world ate animals of some sort, and they were pretty damn spiritual!

Well besides Hindus, and even that was negotiable to cows. Everything else was free game

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I have eaten meat all my life. I will continue to do so. We all make our own choices in life. If we followed everything we read about and were told to do, we would be sat in a room eating grass staring at the wall all day.

I believe there is something to karma, but to say eating meat affects is stretching it a little.
edit on Sun, 21 Jan 2018 05:21:40 -0600051812018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mogzy1977
"And eating meat destroys others around you (the murder and rape of the animals)"

Ermm rape? Sorry just that alone made me finish reading!

I do believe those teaching about Karma (Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.) also teach that animals have Karma (according to the teachings of reincarnation as well). I don't think these ants are particularly worried about their Karma:

edit on 21-1-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It seems the OP has abandoned their thread. (crickets)

I guess they got embarrassed and, not getting the response they intended, ran away and hid hoping to avoid the humiliation.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Mogzy1977

Dont know exactly what you want me to say haha what i said in the post is what I said.

Look man, keep doing what your doing, if you don't resonate with the message than its not for you.

Not everyone is at the point evolutionarily to make the shift from a meat eater to a vegetarian. Just like not everyone is ready to evolve into a more advanced being.

I understand that, and in no way do i expect people to change by reading a post.

However, i may have planted a seed for you to ONE DAY change your ways, whether tomorrow or 10 years from now.

Keep living how you live and ill keep living how i live and we'll leave it that.

Thanks for your responses and criticisms, it will help me make a more compelling point next time i write .

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Whoops the reply i just wtote was meant to go to you flyingclaydisk not to mogzy.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

This poster is full of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The OP is obviously religious/fanatic about this and thus object of ridcule, unfortunate because the topic is no joke and the absurd amount of meat consumption in the world brings so much pain at the present time, for humans, the environment and of course the poor animals that suffer tremendously in the cruel world of human industries/capitalism.

As for karma a lot of us definitely deserve to be eaten by a higher intellience, i.e. Aliens if they ever come here, we shouldn't complain if we end up at the alien slaughterhouse thogeter with our loved ones( i certainly don't whish it, but it's the truth unfortunately). We shouldn't pray to God either like hypocrites if that ever happens, the poor animals at the hands of human executioners do not have the ability to do so. Oh we don't think a cow suffer, a pig(Mammals as evolved as your beloved dog pet), they do just like a human, they just don't have the intellect to talk about it, the physical pain, fear is the same. Not to mention how many of them are treated before being slaughtered, pure misery and should bring a tear to any human being capable of feeling empathy, not only spiritual seekers.

The levels of meat consumption today is neither healthy for the body nor as nature intendent it. Humans are omnivores, not carnivores, omnivore does not mean we can eat whatever we whish whenever we want, it means there must be a balance of we will suffer the consequences(disease, poor health). If we look at the human digestive anatomy system its reminiscent of herbivores, long intestines etc, humans do not have the acid levels required to safely eat raw meat(natural carnivores, dogs, cats etc does, about 7-10 times higher to kill the parasites), from an evolutionary perspective(Lots of millions of years) we're not designed to eat meat as base of our diet, rather the exception than the rule. The ability to wield fire and thus cheat nature is in reality only a way of cheating ourselves to disease as our anatomy is a result of more time than when humans first started to use fire in order to kill the parasites, ie. cook .

Think about a simple test, one plate with raw meat, another with vegetables and bread. Now bring in a Lion, Dog, Wolf etc, those animals will go for the raw meat 10 out of 10 times as nature designed them to do. Now do the same with a human, i promise you only a minority would ever(out of instincts to preserve us) touch the raw bloody meat, it's disgusting and our system is warning us(i.e don't eat, poisonous/parasites)

Something to think about.

As a spiritual student i can tell you that Karma has often been misunderstood, the meaing of Karma is often explained as an outward action, the opposite of this is Kriya meaning inward action(Thus Kria-Yoga is science of the inner, mystic). What is not often understood is that Karma is not produced by the action but the intention.

For example, cutting someone with knife does not produce any karma alone, the action is meaningless without the intention.

For example:

1) A doctor is trying to help someone and thus need to use the knife and cut,
2) You need to defend yourself and use the knife to cut in order to not get killed.
3) You attack someone with the knife and cut with malevolent intetions(murder etc)

In the three situations someone is cut, the action of cutting is done in all three examples, but the intention dictates the Karma you'll get.

So if a poor ignorant human soul is a mindless meat consumer, a product of the system he is raised in, the Karma will be less. If someone less ignorant still chooses to be for example a mindless meat consumer after getting information(i.e reading this post :ham
the Karma will be different and more severe, you don't believe in Karma , superstitious nonsense? Well then Listen to the heart when observing cruel things, not the intellect trying to justify them for whatever selfish reason. If you do that there is no need to believe in Karma, life, the creator will reveal the truth to you anyways, always.

edit on 21-1-2018 by Omnik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join