It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Meat is One of the Worst Things you could do for your Karma

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Omnik
The OP is obviously religious/fanatic about this and thus object of ridcule, unfortunate because the topic is no joke and the absurd amount of meat consumption in the world brings so much pain at the present time, for humans, the environment and of course the poor animals that suffer tremendously in the cruel world of human industries/capitalism.

As for karma a lot of us definitely deserve to be eaten by a higher intellience, i.e. Aliens if they ever come here, we shouldn't complain if we end up at the alien slaughterhouse thogeter with our loved ones( i certainly don't whish it, but it's the truth unfortunately). We shouldn't pray to God either like hypocrites if that ever happens, the poor animals at the hands of human executioners do not have the ability to do so. Oh we don't think a cow suffer, a pig(Mammals as evolved as your beloved dog pet), they do just like a human, they just don't have the intellect to talk about it, the physical pain, fear is the same. Not to mention how many of them are treated before being slaughtered, pure misery and should bring a tear to any human being capable of feeling empathy, not only spiritual seekers.

The levels of meat consumption today is neither healthy for the body nor as nature intendent it. Humans are omnivores, not carnivores, omnivore does not mean we can eat whatever we whish whenever we want, it means there must be a balance of we will suffer the consequences(disease, poor health). If we look at the human digestive anatomy system its reminiscent of herbivores, long intestines etc, humans do not have the acid levels required to safely eat raw meat(natural carnivores, dogs, cats etc does, about 7-10 times higher to kill the parasites), from an evolutionary perspective(Lots of millions of years) we're not designed to eat meat as base of our diet, rather the exception than the rule. The ability to wield fire and thus cheat nature is in reality only a way of cheating ourselves to disease as our anatomy is a result of more time than when humans first started to use fire in order to kill the parasites, ie. cook .

Think about a simple test, one plate with raw meat, another with vegetables and bread. Now bring in a Lion, Dog, Wolf etc, those animals will go for the raw meat 10 out of 10 times as nature designed them to do. Now do the same with a human, i promise you only a minority would ever(out of instincts to preserve us) touch the raw bloody meat, it's disgusting and our system is warning us(i.e don't eat, poisonous/parasites)

Something to think about.

As a spiritual student i can tell you that Karma has often been misunderstood, the meaing of Karma is often explained as an outward action, the opposite of this is Kriya meaning inward action(Thus Kria-Yoga is science of the inner, mystic). What is not often understood is that Karma is not produced by the action but the intention.

For example, cutting someone with knife does not produce any karma alone, the action is meaningless without the intention.

For example:

1) A doctor is trying to help someone and thus need to use the knife and cut,
2) You need to defend yourself and use the knife to cut in order to not get killed.
3) You attack someone with the knife and cut with malevolent intetions(murder etc)

In the three situations someone is cut, the action of cutting is done in all three examples, but the intention dictates the Karma you'll get.

So if a poor ignorant human soul is a mindless meat consumer, a product of the system he is raised in, the Karma will be less. If someone less ignorant still chooses to be for example a mindless meat consumer after getting information(i.e reading this post :ham
the Karma will be different and more severe, you don't believe in Karma , superstitious nonsense? Well then Listen to the heart when observing cruel things, not the intellect trying to justify them for whatever selfish reason. If you do that there is no need to believe in Karma, life, the creator will reveal the truth to you anyways, always.

You are not correct.

Oysters on the half shell
en.wikipedia.org...
Sashimi
etc.

Humans continue to eat raw meat.
Many domesticated animal that I know will not eat raw meat. They prefer cooked.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
no matter what u eat, whether its a salad or a whale, other lives were given along with that creature for u to enjoy it. pesticides and herbicides wipe out animal and plant life en masse. a farmers field is a place of utter genocide wrecked on the native creatures. u have insects in the millions being wiped out, weeds in the millions being wiped out, furry cute creatures that like to eat veggies being trapped and killed in horrific ways, birds and other wildlife that then consume this poisoned food, runoff into the waterways and leaching into the groundwater, massive amounts of greenhouse gases being released from our fertilizers. everything has a mountain of death behind each bite you take.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

Telling others how they should live their lives is the worst thing you can do for your karma.

Then eating animals is worse as you are not telling them you are forcing them.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Eating meat supports the population of millions of farm animals. They would live in disease and starvation without us.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
My daughter is a Vegan by her choice (seriously, her choice, no peer pressure etc), she used to eat meat but didn't like the frog dissecting part in school and then read about how meat affects your body. Whilst I agree in certain circumstances that meat varieties can pose risks if over done I can't believe regulated use has a seriously bad effect, a bit like a glass of wine with food helps digestion etc but 5 bottles a day just kills the liver.

Also, basing usage on Karma just loses my vote, you may as well go the whole hog and bring direct religion in to it (lets not forget the fish and loaves).

The only way I will give up meat is if my doctor or consultant tells me its going to kill me, until then I'll have my money reduced meat hit (I so want a steak but WAY to pricey here).

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

This is Newtonian physics; that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

How in the world is the intestinal tract related to Newton's third law? He wasn't a professor of Gastronomy.

Not to mention when you eat a seeded fruit or vegetable you are eating the plants babies, plant have feelings too as it's been proven that plants do respond to positive or negative stimuli.

To quote a Dennis Leary joke "Don't eat the Tuna fish, the dolphins get stuck in the nets!"

"But what about the tuna?"

"F*** them they're tasty."

It's hypocritical, vegetarians feed off living organisms as well. 'Eating veal is wrong, now if you'll excuse me I need to eat this tomato plant's potential offspring.'

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Eating meat keeps you from being abducted...or being used in the Genetics programs...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Living in a conscious state, you just can't eat meat/flesh.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I'm not convinced Karma is a real law yet.

I see people seem to get away with tons of horrible crimes and live happy in their ill gotten opulence.

Meanwhile I also see some genuinely good people suffer unbelievably for nothing.

I admit these are observations and I do not see the greater picture - but I know as a fact you do not see the grand picture yet either.

Karma is at best a theory you entertain despite the fact only some evidence supports it while other evidence appears to dispute it.

There are alternative theories as well, for instance the "God as a final judge" theory or the "everything is pure random chaos with no rhyme or reason" theory.

These theories are still hotly contested and we humans have not settled this controversy.

You're welcome to live in denial of the facts if you want, but I'd advise you to at least recognize we humans have not sufficiently settled this dispute yet to the satisfaction of a reasonable person.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What about lions and tigers?

Or the land cleared to build your home? Or the land cleared for shopping centers? Or the land cleared for roads? Or the land cleared for exotic resorts?

How about the land cleared to grow your vegetables? Land taken from nature?

If you think about it, the earth is a system of vampiric life forms in many ways?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

If you eat any food you will be eating some kind of animal killed in the process be it bugs in flour to rabbits shot to protect a veg crop.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I know I already post, but Karma in Sanskrit, identifies with action, effect, to even more extreme concepts of a doomed fate to a predetermined destiny.

Bad karma, in general just plain angers those who have been affected by the actions of one who has done wrong. Good karma would be no different then daily grooming, or doing favors or deeds, wether it's it own reward or one seeks something out of the action. Scratch my back I'll scratch yours...save my life, I owe you mine till I can repay or a deed is. An elephant doesn't forget, and liars run on short legs.

Honor perhaps?

Cause an effect with hint of superstition... Like if a man prays to God for fish and doesn't receive, in the back of that man mind, he must off done something or is not worthy to receive the fish, mean while sees a heathen catch a whole bunch who acted.

And if everyone went vegan, they would have to produce 3 times the yield to keep everyone belly full compared to the heavy meat.
edit on 23-1-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

What if everything we do, is nothing more than a reaction from the beginning of the universe? ie The big bang.

I mean when you think about it. If it really was an explosion of unimaginable energy, it has to have multitudes of reactions. So me eating a fish is nothing more than the universe just doing what it set forth, to consume energy.

The Big Bang is a myth. (No, I'm not a Creationist, although I am a Deist.)

I agree that vegetarianism will bring you good karma and that generally humanity is incurring terrible karma by its collective acceptance of animal exploitation.

On the other hand, it's not easy to go against the flow, so I feel that it's ok to eat meat occasionally, if it's otherwise difficult to manage your diet.
edit on 23-1-2018 by Rhaegar7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioKnecht
Another self-professed "enlightened" one (the one you were responding to). In Latin: illuminatus (plural: Illuminati). Synonym: illuminated one(s). Some related biblical expressions and descriptions: "angel of light", "ministers of righteousness", "empty speeches...falsely called knowledge" (in Greek: gnosis, in Latin: scientia), "smooth talk and complimentary speech", “profitless talkers” and “deceivers of the mind”. Not all of those apply in every situation (or in this particular case).

Science and the Bible Helped Me Find the Meaning of Life: Awake!—2005

My search for the meaning of life took 20 years. Two things helped me find it: science and the Bible. My study of science confirmed that life must have meaning. But the Bible revealed that meaning to me and helped me understand it.

YOU may have heard some people claim that science contradicts the Bible. I have studied both, and I cannot agree with their claim. Perhaps you are interested in knowing why.
The Pursuit of Higher Education

...Finally, I became a doctor of physics at the University of Augsburg in 1993.
My Search Takes Me to India

My study of physics gave me a deeper grasp of the natural laws of the universe. I had hoped that science would ultimately reveal to me what life is all about. However, my search for the meaning of life went beyond physics. In 1991, I traveled with a group to India to learn Oriental meditation. What a wonderful experience to see the country and its people firsthand! But I was aghast at the contrast between rich and poor.

Near the city of Pune, for instance, we visited a guru who claimed that cultivating the correct meditation techniques could help someone to become rich. We meditated as a group each morning. The guru also sold medications at high prices. He clearly earned a handsome living; his lifestyle suggested as much. We also saw monks who appeared to be living in poverty, in contrast with the guru. I wondered, ‘Why didn’t meditation also make them rich?’ My trip to India seemed to pose as many questions as it answered.

One of the souvenirs I brought back from India was a meditation bell. I was told that when struck properly, the bell gave off a musical tone that would help me to meditate correctly. Back in Germany I purchased a horoscope drawn up by someone who claimed to be able to foresee my future. But practicing meditation did not reveal to me anything about life. I discovered to my disappointment that a horoscope is just a worthless piece of paper. So my questions about the meaning of life remained.

I Found Answers in the Bible

edit on 23-1-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrmeYou are not correct.

Oysters on the half shell
en.wikipedia.org...
Sashimi
etc.

Humans continue to eat raw meat.
Many domesticated animal that I know will not eat raw meat. They prefer cooked.

Well i am, nature did not designe humans to eat and thrive on raw meat, the parasites brings disease and eventually we risk death, why do you think carnivores have those acids in their stomach, for fun?

Our instinicts are there to protect us, that's why they kick in whenever we see raw/bloody meat. If you read your own linked wiki article:

Health concerns

Health concerns have reduced the popularity of this meat dish in some parts of the world because of the danger of contamination by bacteria and parasites[9] such as Toxoplasma gondii and Taenia saginata. Bacteria

edit on 24-1-2018 by Omnik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
If karma was real...all of the house of representatives and the senate would be in prison! (along with Shillary and Oblamer...and many more).

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Not only do I eat meat but I prefer to go the Evilvore route where I eat extra bad, Karma-ruining foods like veal, foie gras, ortolan and baby.

edit on 25-1-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Not only do I eat meat but I prefer to go the Evilvore route where I eat extra bad, Karma-ruining foods like veal, foie gras, ortolan and baby.

Then you are asleep.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I'm wide wake, the baby stem cells have risen my clarity and alertness level.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I've decided to go vegan today.

I've spent my whole life eating meat and have always loved it.

I am an avid animal lover, and finally realise that eating meat seriously contradicts that.

I would never want my children to witness a slaughter house.

Farm animals can feel pain, happiness, sadness, fear JUST LIKE YOUR PET DOG DOES.

I've been watching a youtuber called Joey Carbstrong, who very respectfully and calmly educates people about this. And to top it off I just watched Cowspiracy, which I believe could be the most important documentary made to date.

I see everyone having fun with bacon jokes/pics etc. But if you knew what I have learnt in the last 2 days, I can literally promise that the majority of you would never be facetious about this subject again.

Wish me luck, and do your children the biggest favour you possibly can, and just look into it.

Respect to 'all'
FA

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join