It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Meat is One of the Worst Things you could do for your Karma

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Please explain all the Carnivores within our ecosystem, and how they are different than grass eaters with the whole Karma thing?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh i don't know about that, i love meat but i also make some mean cookies/brownies.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

And eating meat destroys others around you (the murder and rape of the animals), destroys the environment (watch "Cowspiracy" for proof of this), and destroys your own self, as eating meat is proven to raise stress levels, blood pressure, etc.

I can guaran-damn-tee the only thing "raping" any of my cows is my bull, Jack, and he rapes them every chance he gets!! They look at him funny, he rapes 'em. They wink at him, or moo at him...he rapes 'em. Hell, they can just be standing there eating grass and he'll rape 'em. Damn straight!

As far as stress levels are concerned, the only thing that really stresses me out is not having a nice juicy medium rare Porterhouse STEAK! Beef...it's what's for dinner!

Thus, every time you eat meat you are digging a massive karmetic hole which becomes increasingly harder to dig yourself out of. This karmetic debt must be paid eventually; whether in this life or a next life. It is paid through unfortunate life events, such as the death of a loved one, traumatic events, and break ups or affairs in marriage, among other ways. Of course, you can offset your debt before you die by giving up meats, and doing more good than bad in this life. Only then will you be spared the wrath of your own misdeeds.

Seriously??? You crazy!!

edit on 1/20/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There screwed with the rest of us i suppose.

At least there will be some meat to eat where ever we end up through.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

if God intended us to be vegan, why did He make animals out of meat?

The perfect man before the fall ate plants only, I doubt they were stupid, fat or oh yeah they didn't die.
We are not to judge those who do or do not eat meat. Romans 14

According to Genesis 1:29–30, at the end of the sixth day of Creation Week, God gave Adam and Eve and the animals permission to eat plants.

Genesis 1:29: "And God said, 'Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you, it shall be for meat.'"

Fallen Man wanted meat and he has permission to eat it but not to torture innocent creatures to do so. It is a choice we are given many choices we need to make now because there is not much time.

Non-Christian

The Bhagavad Gita (17:8, 17:10) describes the types of foods preferred according to one's qualities: "Foods dear to those in the mode of goodness increase the duration of life, purify one's existence and give strength, health, happiness and satisfaction. Such foods are juicy, fatty, wholesome, and pleasing to the heart," and, "Food that is tasteless, decomposed and putrid, and food consisting of remnants and untouchable things is dear to those in the mode of darkness."

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Ummm...yeah...but it’s that super secret green grind you add to the batch...that makes them...ah...special...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
When you pick carrots you are taking the life of that vegetable.
Seeds are the unborn children of the plant.

You cannot eat without killing.
When eating meat many people can feed on one animal.
It takes many fruits or veggies to feed one person.

You have worse karma by not eating meat than by eating it.

I think there is a large difference.
1. Animals, mammals especially like us love their children and have a life very like your own. They want what we want to protect their Family, nest or area they live in and be well fed.
2. Plants are raised humanly please look at how your beef pork and chicken are raised and what they endure.
3. Many plants are created in a way meant to be eaten to spread their seeds.
4. plus many other

1. Glad to know you have figured out how to read minds. . . Now explain animals killing their "loved" offspring. Lions and Dogs are two such species that are know to kill their pups.

2. Are plants raised humanly?
humanly (hyo͞oˈmən-lē)►

adv. In a human way

Are they even raised humanely?
Planted in rows to close together. Possibly getting force fed nutrients through artificial fertilizers. Getting the bare amount of water to survive. . .

3. But not all.

4. OP made an absurd comment. I responded with the same logic.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
If we truly were meant to be vegan we'd have the same intelligence as every other herbivore on the planet. We're having this conversation precisely because our ancestors were carnivores.

Well, look, based on this logic, to rise higher we only need to start eating human flesh. After all, that's the best food, closest to our own constitution, that we can currently find on planet earth.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Plus if we were to eat each other we might be leaving the rest of the poor bastards alone.

Soylent Green, Soylent Green.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Soylent Green; it's people!

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals!!

edit on 1/20/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Many humans kill their kids to I think you know how clearly these animals show love to their offspring. Unless you are a city person with no animals around and never looked.

hu·mane·ly (h)yo͞oˈmānlē/Submit adverb in a way that shows compassion or benevolence.

Lol really a bare amount of water to survive?
Yeah, they are exposed to worms and such to..sad.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Soylent Green; it's people!

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals!!

I would have thought someone like yourself who raises animals would also be appalled at the way they are raised now for the masses.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm responsible for the death of one cow, a cow that was brought up very well, the cows are happy and get to run around outside. I also am responsible for the lives of twenty or more chickens a year, I buy those from the store. Those chickens dying was a blessing for them, they are probably packed into a big warehouse and suffered before they died. I respect the time they suffered so I could eat.

I really dislike killing plants, I feel bad that I have to kill the ones I grow, so I now only grow potatoes and green beans and cucumbers, so I don't have to kill them to harvest the plants. No more lettuce, I felt guilty ripping them out of the ground.

Vegetarians seem to say they are more humane, that is bull. If all we had to eat was veggies we would have to kill all the cows and animals that would eat them, we would be more alone than we are now when considering the species we would need to destroy. I feel better knowing my half a cow was treated real well while it lived.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Cant speak for anyone else, but when I don't eat some red meat for a while I start having trouble focusing and feel weaker. Literally a rare steak will put me back on track ...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No more lettuce, I felt guilty ripping them out of the ground.

We cut leafs the plants finish their lifespan and seed.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Cant speak for anyone else, but when I don't eat some red meat for a while I start having trouble focusing and feel weaker. Literally a rare steak will put me back on track ...

A pasture-raised egg would do the same.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You need certain amounts of different nutrients, and some of them come from animal proteins. Sure, you *can* try to subsist off of supplements and vegetable proteins, but you have to walk a tightrope to do it and remain healthy.

And I have no problem with people who choose to do this.

What I have a problem with are the ones who try to create some sort of faulty moral case for their lifestyle in an attempt to justify it and browbeat everyone around them into likewise adopting it.

I might as well go around making posts about how Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Light and no one will go to Heaven without bowing and confessing His name and that Truth. Now, I don't do it regardless of how I feel personally because that isn't the way to convince people of one's personal morality and religion, and very few respond positively to that level of proselytizing, and the OP seems to not understand this basic truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: rickymouse

No more lettuce, I felt guilty ripping them out of the ground.

We cut leafs the plants finish their lifespan and seed.

So, it is alright if I cut your arm off and eat it as long as it heals and does not kill you?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A lot to ponder....
Now excuse me I have some roast panda on the BBQ.
edit on 20-1-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
www.merriam-webster.com...

Hay, whatever works for you. I used to buy an extra Gatoraid every lunch time, and when the vegan dudes were about to choke on their oats and granola, I'd pop out the drink for them. Never a refusal...... And I'd be having a BMT from Subway, double meat. The sure used to eye me.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join