It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious, Moving, Unidentified Lights Filmed Over Basingstoke, England On January 11, 2018

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The exact same kind of lights were seen in Belgium in 2013, over Ronse, also during a foggy day:

Original ATS thread: Mysterious lights above Ronse Belgium.

A few days, later, the local newspaper said that these lights were just those of a crane, seen on a foggy day.

Original source

Original source 2

edit on 17-1-2018 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: FamCore

Yeah, I stated that in my post. Doesn't look like any crane to me. Why? Because, why would a crane move that fast? A crane of that size would move very slowly...especially over a residential/business are. That's NO crane.

You have no frame of reference for size or distance, so your assumption that it's "too fast" is unjustified. Considering people who live there have said it's a crane, I'm infinitely more inclined to believe them.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is a view from my window a couple of nights ago. There was a crane on the street that evening and it moved just like the one in the video and also it looks just like it. And there was no red light on the crane.

I don't how to embed images, but here's the link:
Image 1
Image 2

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TISTBOTE

Thanks for those pictures! I think it's great that ATS members can politely discuss and investigate a mysterious case to find out the truth.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

Well, I'll agree that we couldn't judge the size or distance, but that doesn't change the fact that those lights moved quickly, from one side to the other. IMO, I thought that a crane wouldn't move that fast at a construction site. As I have already stated, I was wrong....as well as others who thought it wasn't a crane. At the time the story and video broke, there was a lot of speculation on what those lights were. The guy who filmed those lights lived there and had absolutely no clue what he was filming. Now we all know that it was indeed a crane. Case closed.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It is downtown Basingstoke, and it is a construction site.

In the video I noticed what looked like a sign with vertical letters that resembled "nolls" or "molls."

It's "malls." The Malls is a shopping center, with a car park in the foreground as pointed out earlier. Here's a daytime picture, taken from a vantage point probably a few steps from where the video was captured.

c8.alamy.com...

Compare the sign on the right in the linked pic to the illuminated structure at 1:28 in the OP's 2nd video and you'll see it's the same location.

The video was probably captured in the vicinity of the tennis courts at 5 Winterthur Way (51.267566, -1,089878), looking southeast through the trees. The railroad track runs east/west directly north of that location.

edit on 17-1-2018 by TheTruthRocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
UFO over Basing-derp

Edit. The Truth's location info checks out! Nice one, well done!

edit on 17-1-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Bazinga, brother

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well dang it, still looked cool.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

we have an match

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

nope it looks way smaller to me

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

the reason there isnt an picture is because it would kill the illusion

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

sounds good

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Found this on google maps on my phone.

imgur.com...
edit on 17/1/2018 by AlanQaida because: I failed to place linky

edit on 17/1/2018 by AlanQaida because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/1/2018 by AlanQaida because: no longer failing

edit on 17/1/2018 by AlanQaida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

OMG
hhahahhahahahahhahah
do more vids

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It was me who videod this footage. Here are 2 pictures from the morning after one from the exact location it was recorded and one from the building I was working in.

ibb.co...

ibb.co...

It's not letting me upload these pictures so I've had to do them through this.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Just posted pics

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well that was fun.

Crowd-sourced debunking at its finest!

Here's a view of the Basingstoke New Market Center construction site from the intersection of Basing View and Festival Way, at Eastrop roundabout (just east of The Malls), looking south by southwest.

c7.alamy.com...

The crane you see there is directly in line with the view from behind the red The Malls sign.

If there's no crane visible in the pictures posted above that were taken this week, it probably means the video was taken more than a few weeks ago.

Just sayin'.

edit on 17-1-2018 by TheTruthRocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There is quite a bit of construction going on Alencon Link. There might have been a crane in use there at some point.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join