It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious, Moving, Unidentified Lights Filmed Over Basingstoke, England On January 11, 2018

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

also i am an expert in UFO misidentifications
so yeah you can call me an "mr-knows-it-all"

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

seems like someone was having waay too much fun

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

A crane wouldn't move that fast, nor would it have a boom that long...it would collapse due to it's weight and size.
en.wikipedia.org...(machine)
edit on 1/16/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

RIGHT...whatever you say "expert"

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Great idea, even though as I stated before, it can't be a crane. The boom is far too long and would collapse if it were that size. Wouln't mind seeing a street view though for some other clues. I'm leaning toward a covert military excercise. Of what, I have no freakin' clue.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

it could still be someone having fun with an huge swerving metal rod with lights

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

always trust the man

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Does seem to pivot on a left to right axis.
No crane though as no red light.
Good footage, no idea what it is.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

secret tom delongue branded antigravity metals sticks?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Now that there is funny!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Great idea, even though as I stated before, it can't be a crane. The boom is far too long and would collapse if it were that size. Wouln't mind seeing a street view though for some other clues. I'm leaning toward a covert military excercise. Of what, I have no freakin' clue.

I poked around on Google, but while there is some construction going on in the area, I didn't see any very large cranes. I could have missed it, though.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Thanks for checking. I'll admit...I'm stumped on this footage.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hmmm, if it looks like a crane and moves like a crane its.....

example of movement

OK I know this is a daytime crane, but look at the motion it makes, now just using our imagination if we added a few lights, would we have ourselves a UFO?

And the video in the OP is from the UK, why, why, why
I thought we knew better
edit on 16-1-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

If it is foggy and overcast then the lights would be reflecting off of the overcast clouds making then look more solid, also if you have 3 spotlights on the same channel then they would move in unison by design.

I honestly think they are spotlights but I could be wrong. I just don't see why aliens would have a need to fly in such a pattern.
edit on 1/16/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's why I refused to say they were UFO's. Military? Probably. Crane? The "boom" looks too large and it moves too fast. Also, if it was a crane and because it's close to a Royal Air Force Base, it would probably need aviation lights if it were operated at night.

17. Will my structure require obstruction lights? FAA standards, procedures, and types of equipment specified for marking and lighting structures are presented in Advisory Circular (AC) 70/7460-1L, Obstruction Marking and Lighting. These standards provide a uniform means to indicate the presence of structures and are the basis for recommending marking and lighting to the public. These standards are the minimum acceptable level of conspicuity to warn pilots of the presence of structures. All aeronautical studies include an evaluation to determine whether obstruction marking and/or lighting are necessary and to what extent. The sponsor shall utilize the type of obstruction marking/lighting that is specified in the determination. If the sponsor wishes to use a different type of marking/lighting, a notice must be submitted for a lighting study.

oeaaa.faa.gov...
edit on 1/16/2018 by shawmanfromny because: grammar mistake

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

You sure are a "Mr. Know It All" aren't you? This is not a crane. Have you ever worked in the construction field? I have.

So working in the construction field makes you an expert on cranes? That does not inspire in me a great deal of credibility. You also said, "The lights seem too uniform as they move together to be any sort of reflection." which is an absurd statement. Uniformity does not preclude reflection. Bottom Line here is that you've got a couple of lights in the night sky. That's the very lowest level on Hynek's scale: Nocturnal Lights. You can't go anywhere with these. Much as we would like to know precisely what they are, there is not evidence enough to speculate any further.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: FamCore

Yeah, I stated that in my post. Doesn't look like any crane to me. Why? Because, why would a crane move that fast? A crane of that size would move very slowly...especially over a residential/business are. That's NO crane.

You'd be surprised how fast those tower cranes can move without a load. My theory is that it's a crane, and it's sweeping the area with it's spotlights to cut through the fog, the crew is looking for something down below.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The whole idea of aliens in little space ships does not make sense. Whay are they doing, just cruising and hanging out? In blooming Basingstoke of all places. If I was an ET flying al that way I would be flying over Everest and visitng Trump in Trump Tower, not visiting Basingstoke for a night out with my ET Homies' Squadron.

Their tech would be so gas guzzling its unbelievable. I doubt they would waste all that gas just cruisin' like they're having fun fun fun until daddy takes the T Bird away.

Aliens would not just go flying round like that. They would be up to special missions and intrigue. Lol, why would an ET come all that way and develop tech over millions of years of evolution just to mutilate cattle and probe humans in the night? Mr Spock would tell you it is luddicrous to entertain such notions. Anyhow, what about the Prime Directive? Starfleet would be furious at them.

edit on 16-1-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There is an amazing crane working at the school I am at now. It moves just like that. It's huge! Called a ZoomLion I think.. let me see if I can find a pic. It's got a little elevator that takes a guy up tht operates it all day. Really amazing to watch. I have not seen it work in foggy conditions or at night but it would certainly have a red light somewhere right?
eta: you can see it here, note the size

edit on 16-1-2018 by Starcrossd because: added link

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Lol, why would an ET come all that way and develop tech over millions of years of evolution just to mutilate cattle and probe humans in the night?

Without being an alien, I have no idea what kind of values they have or what they're trying to accomplish. Maybe the cattle and the abductees have traces of a very rare multi-dimensional chemical in their brains that only develops in living things, and it's extremely valuable to them but it can only be harvested at certain times. I don't know. They're aliens. Playing with an entirely different rule book.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join