It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious, Moving, Unidentified Lights Filmed Over Basingstoke, England On January 11, 2018

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: smurfy

A crane wouldn't move that fast, nor would it have a boom that long...it would collapse due to it's weight and size.
en.wikipedia.org...(machine)

How long is, 'that long' ? tell me feet and inches, metres, yards anything, there's no way of telling in that video.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
crane , you can pretty much see the tower goin up around 14 sec on second video when the light hits it.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

They look like Street lights on an overpass for an A road or motorway considering their spacing and the fog. A daylight image of the same location would I believe clear this up. Also to the far right of the footage is what appears to be a lit up sign that looks like the back of a large motorway sign
edit on 16-1-2018 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthnlies
crane , you can pretty much see the tower goin up around 14 sec on second video when the light hits it.

crane pic at night

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasyPleaseMe
a reply to: shawmanfromny

A crane of that size would also have red lights on it.

I was about to post that any tower crane of that size would have red navigation warning lights at its highest point. It's sure acting like an object rotating around a central axis however I can't see any sign of the light that would be on the jib bogie (or whatever it is called) to give the operator his depth of field reference as it travels in/out, or do they rely on guages for that?

If it is a crane, the site manager should get a swift kick in the balls for running it in such crap weather lol
edit on k201800000013115America/ChicagoTue, 16 Jan 2018 19:00:50 -06002018 by kountzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Seasoned crane operator chiming in......a tower boom or climbing crane is the type of crane we would be considering and naw....the biggest boom on a tower boom is 400 feet......that one looked to be a quarter mile so.........

love yas

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthnlies

That's right, or at least a pillar of something, and if I'm right, the camera takes a bit of a wobbler at that point when I last looked at it.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Seasoned crane operator chiming in......a tower boom or climbing crane is the type of crane we would be considering and naw....the biggest boom on a tower boom is 400 feet......that one looked to be a quarter mile so.........

love yas

How would you work out a quarter mile?

BTW, your profile is a bit odd isn't it?
edit on 16-1-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What time at night was this? Some very active birds chirping which you normally do not get once it gets dark, as they tend to settle down. The chirping is a call to a mate, so a bird is flying about perhaps getting food, but there should be no youngsters as it isn't nesting or breeding time in January.

Have to disagree with it being lights on a large crane, as the lights are from left to right in ascending steps. On a crane the lights would be on the same horizontal line across the boom, and the cabin where the operator sits would have a flashing red light on top of a mast.

Possibly drones? Why were no aircraft launched to investigate any mysterious objects in the sky so close to an RAF base. Recently, RAF jets were scrambled to intercept Russian Bombers close to UK air space, so you would expect Jets to be scrambled for these.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I would love to see a daylight picture of this area to prove if it is or isn't. If it is...I'll apologize for saying it isn't. I just think that for that size of crane, it's moving too fast, especially with a load. The boom looks to be HUGE and without support braces, or cables, would seem too large to handle any type of load. Also, those lights appear so high that I would think some sort of red aviation light(s) would be needed if it's operating in the dark. Thanks for your comment.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Exactly...if the lights were attached to a crane boom, why aren't they on a structure that's horizontal to the ground? I'm thinking these are military related. Thanks for your comment.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just had a thought. Steel cable slung between 2 buildings with lights cable tied to it, being moved at one end to light up a work area below. Still in the construction site ballpark for the sceptical.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There's a strong optical effect there. In the 2nd original video there's a few frames where it's fully zoomed out, and it doesn't look as elongated whatsoever. I put yellow spots where the lights are in the zoomed out image. As soon as that camera zooms in, it stretches that distance out quite considerably and makes it look like its sweeping the landscape like war of the worlds or something...

There's also a deep electrical whir, you may need to try a different audio profile on your PC to hear it, it's under the traffic noise and it matches the movement. In a 3rd video the lights are "wobbling" with a bit of sway. All these things together do make for a pretty odd viewing experience, but it does have the tells of crane.

I think another pertinent question is what is that giant artificial yellow light. But even I admit the lights themselves don't line up with that big yellow light well enough to outright say it's a crane and that's the cab or something. Well, to me it looks like one and sounds like one but the zoom, fog and that bright light give it a weird edge. Quite a cool set of variables even if it is something fairly normal...

Edit. The video encoding times show 00:13, 00:20 and 00:27 on 11th Jan, so about quarter past midnight.
edit on 16-1-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: truthnlies

Could be...it just seems that the crane boom is too large and why aren't the lights horizontal to the ground like what's shown in your picture? Check the videos..the lights appear angled. There are a few crane operators who posted comments. I wonder if they have an explanation. Thanks for your comment.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Thanks for the pic! Like I said, I'll eat my words if these lights are part of a crane. One crane operator who posted, thinks the "boom" is too big to be part of a crane. Who knows? I would love for someone in Basingstoke to take a daytime picture.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think it's closer than it appears. No reference of size or scale.

Crane

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Some analysis after watching the vid.

That is swinging pretty fast to be the boom on a tower crane. Too fast for safe operation. If that were a construction site, I think the ground beneath it would be lit up a whole lot more.

It looks like it could be a swing bridge...but there's no large waterway in Basingstoke.

Small quadcopters can be programmed to move like that, but they also tip in the direction of flight, and tip opposite to the direction of flight when decelerating to a stop. I saw none of that sort of wobble.

We are assuming it's in Basingstoke because the video poster said so. It may not be.

Further study is needed!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

I agree with your analysis. I zoomed a frame of one of the video clips. Look below the lights. I don't see how these are reflections from the ground. Also, why can't we see any evidence of a "boom" with this magnification? Surely, there would be an indication of a "boom" structure, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Workman is a good 20 or 30 feet above street level on a rise or something and is able to look over the top of the multi-storey car park or whatever it is across the road. Plotting the horizon line, it doesn't need to be a very tall crane at all.

But I do agree, that it's not conclusive. But there must be someone from basingstoke about or someone who commutes that way, there's usually someone posting about a sighting they've had in Reading at least three times a year here... !

I'm assuming this might be looking in the direction of festival way or what not (I'm not too familiar with the place, though was stuck in traffic in the town centre there during the summer) but haven't found enough concrete location data yet. Kinda missing from the report...

At the end of one video he does say "it ain't the train tracks", and I think an AMEY (rail) construction crane is a possibility, you sure do see some weird lights out of those engineering works, and they do take place during the night, though can't find any evidence of rail works in that time frame.

So if it's not a crane, it could just as well be beams projected onto the very low cloud/fog, that blue light is somewhat suspect. Whatever the case, the high strangeness factor doesn't excel the other factors, really. The witness though, I think has every right to be confused by it, whatever is, lol.
edit on 16-1-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Great detectives here on this thread........you guys could figure anything out....how cool is that?

smurfy you're right....if it's not a quarter mile long it's a new tower boom they just got light's working ....the sparky electricians hookin up 480 volts........makin sure that capacitor up in the swing motor is iisolating.....the clearance light not in place yet....when they erect them here in Dallas ...Croker Crane....... name dropper.........it's friggin climbing by the young guys....a 170 ton crane to help......and the counterwieghts.....thinking about the dang thing up there with a counterwieght but no boom sections on freaks me......and tightening bots where they undo them all first.....every month........when the one fell off the the high rise rooftop in Dallas it hit betwwen traffic.....took out widows on the way down but the red lights were just right
edit on 16-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join