It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious, Moving, Unidentified Lights Filmed Over Basingstoke, England On January 11, 2018

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Interesting nighttime capture, of five lights that appear to be connected in a row and moving together, over Basingstoke, England, on January 11, 2018. I first read about it today on The Express website and did a little research on it before posting. I'm including two video clips that I found on YouTube showing these strange lights, as well as the MUFON link and screenshot describing this sighting. Some people claim this may be a "crane." I'm not seeing that. Doesn't appear to be CGI bulls!t either. They don't appear to be spotlights or helicopters. Very odd. It could be terrestrial light source of some kind, but what of?

EXCLUSIVE: FIVE mystery lights have been filmed appearing to fly in formation above Basingstoke sparking fears a UFO has been spotted above the town. The strange Hampshire sighting is being investigated by the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) in the US.

In a witness report, he said: “I went outside with my workmate to get some materials out of the van and noticed one light slowly move around the back of a building. “Then another one appeared from behind the building at a set distance that did not change. “Seconds after another three appeared as if they was already there but were not lit up.” He said after about a minute, they began to “slowly swing around, as if a crane had lights on it and it turned around 220 degrees.”

He ruled out helicopters as there was no noise or civilian aircraft as there were no flashing lights. He added: “It couldn’t have been search lights shining up from the ground as we could clearly see the lights’ surface area getting wider as it shone down meaning the light source was in the sky. The sighting lasted around 30 minutes and I managed to take around four minutes of video.”

www.express.co.uk...

www.mufon.com...

edit on 1/16/2018 by shawmanfromny because: added another clip

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

A handful of comments on the Youtube video claim it may be a crane, and also this:

It is close to a Royal Air Force Military base. Royal Air Force, Odiham, Hook, RG29 1QT.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Looks like maybe they're spotlights reflecting off of the fog to me. Not saying that's the case, just trying to think of a more plausible explanation than UFO's (not that that's not plausible or possible). There seem to be plenty of lights right below where these "UFO's" are hovering so that would be my guess.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yeah, I stated that in my post. Doesn't look like any crane to me. Why? Because, why would a crane move that fast? A crane of that size would move very slowly...especially over a residential/business are. That's NO crane.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The lights seem too uniform as they move together to be any sort of reflection. Good guess though. I'm hoping someone has an answer, because I don't have a clue what these lights are.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well, leaving alone the CGI bit for now, One thing that seems to be(in the video) it looks less of a fly by, than a pivot from left to right with the centre point of the pivot much the same.
In edit, I see Famcore's post now...same idea!
edit on 16-1-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
occam razor's: its an crane under fog
case closed
/thread

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

A crane of that size would also have red lights on it.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

oh believe me, they can move pretty fast
if your point only rests in this then, crane!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Like someone here posted...a a Royal Air Force Military base is nearby. Could this be military related? These don't appear to be spotlights, flares or helicopters. Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Looks like maybe they're spotlights reflecting off of the fog to me. Not saying that's the case, just trying to think of a more plausible explanation than UFO's (not that that's not plausible or possible). There seem to be plenty of lights right below where these "UFO's" are hovering so that would be my guess.

That was my original thought as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Not that fast, sorry..I used to work in the construction field.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EasyPleaseMe

are you saying an plane would not see those yuge spotlights in the crane?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Phoenix Lights Mk II

link   

unless the military is doing renovations... nah its not related

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

You sure are a "Mr. Know It All" aren't you? This is not a crane. Have you ever worked in the construction field? I have.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

not so sure

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

nope, though i have seen the cranes in the move a lot of times

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A crane that large would not move that fast... unless we have newer cranes made by Ferrari?

I'm leaning towards some mundane explanation and it does seem (with a quick run through) to pivot from the center point indicating something like a crane, or crane-esque ... but the speed puzzles me. I've never seen heavy equipment move that fast.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Anybody get a Google street view of the area to see if there are actual cranes at work there, or at least some kind of construction site?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join