It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hi Finspiracy, I do not think we have met. I'm John, pleased to meet you.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Hi Raine, hi Drummer, hi Phoenix.

Busy day for me ahead, wanted to wish you all an AMAZING day!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

This time i was thinking of writing myself a letter to read if i feel like starting to drink again. What it does to me in the long run. Sum up the positive sides and the negative sides. Now that it is still fresh in the memory and not like i would have been 6 or 8 months sober like last attempts.

Sounds like s great idea Fin ! Another thing you may want to think about is WHY you want that drink ? We use alcohol for so many reasons, and I know I overused it to mask pain from different life experiences . If we can understand the triggers better, we can overcome them with more ease.

Wishing you so much health and happiness Fin.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Let us know if Gordi's recipe helps you. Medical weed helps some forms of pain. Then there are prescription meds of course. I have nerve damage, spinal stenosis and regular arthritis and I still need the meds as the weed isn't enough, though it does help some. It also helps me to sleep at night and helps anxiety as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Just from me to you, to every single caring soul in this magical place.
You are in my prayers and thoughts.
You give me support, you lift me up, you are compassionate, you help me face life.

Beautiful! I feel the same way Wis

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

On your positive/negative list, you will see that the negative when drinking will far out weigh the positive so yeah, good idea to make that list! Your discipline and determination are an inspiration!

Loved your song of course!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
Hi Raine, hi Drummer, hi Phoenix.

Busy day for me ahead, wanted to wish you all an AMAZING day!

Busy day ahead for me as well and won't be home until tonight. Great to see you posting with us again. It had been a long time that you were away!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Hi Finspiracy, I do not think we have met. I'm John, pleased to meet you.

Hi! Pleased to meet you too

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Another thing you may want to think about is WHY you want that drink ? We use alcohol for so many reasons, and I know I overused it to mask pain from different life experiences . If we can understand the triggers better, we can overcome them with more ease.

You asked and you answered

In the last millennium it was to party, to socialize, to rebel.

This millennium it has been all about suppressing the pain. That is the only reason but it is huge sometimes. Night Star mentioned above that the negative sides of my drinking outweight the positivities and that is very true. I can easily come up with ten negativities while the only positivity remains to be the pain suppressing. Momentarily of course, but then it is like being underwater for too long and finally getting back to surface to breathe.

Now i am feeling good anyway. Just got back from the sauna. Been eating well, plenty of fruits and berries also, and water.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Berries and water are cool. I am a big fan of water and berries.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Jiminy, Jacy, Chirp, Fin and any heavy metal fans, I just made a thread you might enjoy. Even our non heavy metal folks might enjoy his humor.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-2-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Hey Swanne, How ya doin? To long time no see.
I miss your pony avatar.

Has life been kind to you.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I miss John's pony avatar too!
Evening Wister! How are you tonight?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Just for the uninitiated among us...is that a pony or a brony? The mane is giving me doubts.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hi Light! I'm just listening to some tunes.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

The main mane in maine ...

* Waves to everyone on the way out.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hi!

A calm saturday morning. I slept well and now i feel relaxed. Just sliced two apples for me to eat while surfing online. I ate so much potato chips and pizza when i was drinking that i just can't have that kind of stuff right now.

Others, what's up

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Haha yo!

I went to the freshman's forum and learned to embed pics!

"A desert bloom is a climatic phenomenon that occurs in various deserts around the world. The phenomenon consists of the blossoming of a wide variety of flowers during early-mid spring in years when rainfall is unusually high."

This is Atacama desert.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Heya fin. I don't drink but I know all about struggling to keep ones intentions, or even nature. What's helped me more than anything is to know that in my desire [to not drink] I have everything I need to keep that intention. Slipping up is human- what matters most is staying positive, so you keep coming back to your intention. All you really need to do is learn to see your 'slipups. And even cravings as steps on the road to your.intention - and success becomes inevitable, even should you never fully he able to stickl.to it

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thank you!

P

You're VERY Welcome!
I hope it works for you too.
G

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join