It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Hi Swanne!
Back atya buddy.

G

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
Heya fin. I don't drink but I know all about struggling to keep ones intentions, or even nature. What's helped me more than anything is to know that in my desire [to not drink] I have everything I need to keep that intention. Slipping up is human- what matters most is staying positive, so you keep coming back to your intention. All you really need to do is learn to see your 'slipups. And even cravings as steps on the road to your.intention - and success becomes inevitable, even should you never fully he able to stickl.to it

Nice point of view
Thanks for sharing it.

I admire people who don't drink or drink in moderation.

Right now i am in the mood for something lightweight and entertaining. I have been in such "deep waters" inside my head, contemplating very profound questions and i need a break. I was chatting online with a friend yesterday and i found out that the new X-files has an episode about Mandela effect so maybe i will check it out.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I'm gonna open a bar ... and call it " MODERATION "

The place where everyone can drink in moderation ...

😎

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

a reply to: WalkInSilence

Yeah, I was in the mood of being a kickass evil white peacock voiced by Gary Oldman, he he

kungfupanda.wikia.com...

For now, at least. Until MLP comes back.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Just for the uninitiated among us...is that a pony or a brony? The mane is giving me doubts.

A bring is a My Little Pony fan. Like me.

A pony is something slightly different - it's a small horse, featured as characters in the series.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thanks mate! Any gigs lately?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Thanks mate! Any gigs lately?

We did a free "taster" session for a local hotel just before Christmas (they're looking at putting on regular live music dates in the spring). It seemed to go down very well, so we'll hopefully get some more gig dates from them soon.
Next gig we have booked in is... March 24th I think? Sometime around then.

I found myself "missing" the drums the other day....hmmm... I need to knock that on the head sharpish!!! LOL
(Am too old for humping all that drum kit around!)
G

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Prolly too old to use the word "humping" ...

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

ahhh, good point!

uhm.... "lugging"?
Yeah, too old for lugging it around! That'll do.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

With a van called Bongo I find your answer somewhat disappointing. Couldn't you employ the help of your strapping young lad of a son to do all the heavy technical and precision side of the drum logistics? (From the few young people I know, a fast-food visit to their favourite place can work wonders apparently. You might even be able to get him to wash Bongo too, but not in the winter in Scotland probably.)

As a matter of curiosity, do you prefer playing the drums or the guitar? I think I know the answer but I had to ask.

edit on 10/2/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I like both actually.
I was a drummer for well over 25 years but always dabbled in "bedroom" guitar playing and songwriting. Over the years my voice improved (with practice!) and I started taking lead vocal on some of the bands songs.
The audiences appreciated that, so it seemed a natural progression for me to try playing guitar and singing (in public) as a next step, so I set up a wee folky duo with our band's old singer and it worked!
I started gigging with my wee duo just at the right time, because gig dates for the full band became harder to come by as recession hit and pubs started to reign in their entertainment budgets!
The main guy in the band started bitching about money & stuff around this time, wanting a bigger share (AFTER 25+ YEARS!!) so I left the band and started putting all my efforts into the guitar/singing thing.

I enjoyed that very much (but it was quite scary to finally come out from hiding behind the drumkit to suddenly lead my own band!), but eventually the other half of the duo took a training job hundreds of miles away and we couldn't rehearse properly for months on end. I got very frustrated at not playing much and accepted an invitation to drum for another band.
Drummed with them for about 18 months or so, and decided to get a new partner in the folky duo to replace my working-away pal. I've since gone through about 3 more as well!! LOL

I stopped playing drums for the other band because they weren't any where near as "professional" as my previous ventures and I just wasn't enjoying it anymore.

So, here I am... with a relatively new partner in my wee folky duo... just starting to gig again after many months out!

/rant

hehe

Thanks for asking! (Now, what was the question??? oh yeah... which do I prefer? BOTH!)

G

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So, here I am... with a relatively new partner in my wee folky duo... just starting to gig again after many months out!

Now that is great news! Perhaps you will have vids you will share with us...sooon.

Hello to everyone out there!

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Now that is a reply! As a fellow music-lover I had expected nothing less than to activate all your tingly music feel.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

LOL! Hiya Light!

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Now that is great news! Perhaps you will have vids you will share with us...sooon.

Hello to everyone out there!

Hi Hunny!

uhm... there's a short rehearsal instrumental one where I'm trying to learn some Jigs, will that do for now?

Gx

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Just for the uninitiated among us...is that a pony or a brony? The mane is giving me doubts.

A bring is a My Little Pony fan. Like me.

A pony is something slightly different - it's a small horse, featured as characters in the series.

Thanks, Swanne. Last night part of my dream was about having a My Little Pony themed laptop computer.

Take care my friend.
edit on 2 10 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

When it comes to life issues I've found that feeling the pain is much better than masking it with drugs, etc. This has helped me by forcing me to go head to head with the pain to find a productive way to correct the problems or to lead me down a path that will take me away from the issue.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I just uploaded a "compilation of sound clips" video... just for you! LOL

Gx
edit on 10-2-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: clarity

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
----------LucidWarrior----------

It's so nice to find you in the Shed this weekend. Ignore the little fairy at the door the door as she charges the cover fee to enter the Shed. Today and from now on you have a pass to get in free at any time.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Thank you so much for sharing your musical talent with us at the Shed. I always look forward to listening to your skills.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join