It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

The majority will never admit a mistake, I see them as cowards.

Just wondering when you appointed yourself judge of the majority of people ? Calling the majority of people cowards is presumptuous in my opinion.

Just sayin’ 🤔🤨😉

Hugs ... please don’t take this personally.
edit on 8-2-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

That was beautiful Sheye, thank you and thanks to Sir Cohens generous heart there are a multitude of wonderful renditions to this soulful tune. I have my favorite if you should wish to hear it?
This one goes in my "Amazing" list.
]]]]HUGS[[[[

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

That was beautiful Sheye, thank you and thanks to Sir Cohens generous heart there are a multitude of wonderful renditions to this soulful tune. I have my favorite if you should wish to hear it?
This one goes in my "Amazing" list.
]]]]HUGS[[[[

I would love to hear your favorite rendition!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

The majority will never admit a mistake, I see them as cowards.

Just wondering when you appointed yourself judge of the majority of people ? Calling the majority of people cowards is presumptuous in my opinion.

Just sayin’ 🤔🤨😉

Hugs ... please don’t take this personally.

Well, this is intriguing and personal. I must say I find it refreshing too.
Open rhetoric, I like that.
I have an opinion and I stand by it. Too many years of catering to the favors of others has made me rather opinionated and cynical.
To fail to acknowledge ones own short comings and thus blame others is in my world cowardly. I am guilty.
How can I learn and grow if I don't see the failures I made?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I find them so beautiful so special. Her voice rips my heart apart.
Their dear faces make me cry.
Can we find a space in our hearts for that which we can not comprehend?
Thank you for listening.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

To fail to acknowledge ones own short comings and thus blame others is in my world cowardly. I am guilty. How can I learn and grow if I don't see the failures I made?

I agree with you on blaming others for our own shortcomings. And we can grow by learning from mistakes. The point I was trying to make is sometimes we sabatoge ourselves by putting too much pressure to “succeed “ at fighting whatever demons we are wrestling with, and it may weaken us to the point of not succeeding. But getting back on track to what you truly desire for your life is always an option.

I don’t think I’m explaining my point well, and I’m certainly not disagreeing with yours. I just sometimes think letting changes happen in a somewhat natural flow , accepting if you are not always successful, is healthier than fighting tooth and nail.. and feeling like an utter failure when things may take a downturn.

But what do I know ? I’m just another silly human in this big old goofy world.😉

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I find them so beautiful so special. Her voice rips my heart apart.
Their dear faces make me cry.
Can we find a space in our hearts for that which we can not comprehend?
Thank you for listening.

What an absolutely adorable vid. The kids fidgeting in the background is so cute and typical. I’ve never heard those lyrics before for that tune. Very special indeed... thanks for posting !

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

This is fun. Really I appreciate it.
We can disagree, perhaps by doing so we will reach a more compassionate solution? No, Yes.?
When ever I hear people say "natural flow" I become defensive. What I hear is people saying " You have to let me do what I want to do"
That is a very kind approach but not always beneficial.
May I give an example.
I was in charge of a semi wild horse herd. I invited a friend to "visit". I instructed her how to behave among the horses.
She almost got killed. She refused to listen to me, determined to approach them on her own terms.
We learn from each other, we don't have to invent the wheel all over again.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Thank you, they are "special needs" children, beings discarded as waste.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey girl I found this for you

Hugs

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Thank you, they are "special needs" children, beings discarded as waste.

I didn’t realize they were special needs. They seemed like average children to me. Special needs children have alot to teach us. They are truly special little souls. It’s a shame what choices some governments are trying to make concerning their right to life.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I really, really needed that hug right now and the pic is just enchanting. Thank you sooooo much!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Just from me to you, to every single caring soul in this magical place.
You are in my prayers and thoughts.
You give me support, you lift me up, you are compassionate, you help me face life.

edit on 8-2-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Camel Dung

edit on 8-2-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

When ever I hear people say "natural flow" I become defensive. What I hear is people saying " You have to let me do what I want to do"

We do have to let people do what they want to do ( not in the case of the horses) ... a person who is going to quit drinking has to truly want that for themselves. You’ve heard of those people who just wake up one morning and say I’m done with drinking and they are.. because they’ve reached that spot for themselves. It becomes more natural to quit, and easier to see the triggers, and naturally do something to combat them in the healthiest way.

There are too many different scenarios in life to say this works for everyone. Your horse example is one. That was somebody’s stupid pride who thought they knew better than the expert .

I hope I’m making myself clear WIS.. I don’t like being misunderstood ... but I’m not the best at explaining myself at times.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Yes I think we understand each other, and now since the boys are absent

....and

....let us party.
All though I must go slumber now.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Yes I think we understand each other, and now since the boys are absent

....and

....let us party.
All though I must go slumber now.

lol ... sweet dreams Sister Wister ..

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: pheonix358

Ah, tis the mighty Wolf Lord.

How are you Pheonix?

About as good as you are

So ... it hurts ... a lot ... and I survive.

Any one use anything interesting for osteoarthritis. I am not liking this condition at all. No bloody redeeming features. Lol.

P

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
...Any one use anything interesting for osteoarthritis. I am not liking this condition at all. No bloody redeeming features. Lol.

P

Hi pheonix,
I still swear by the Turmeric Golden Milk that has been mentioned here before.
It is a natural, powerful anti-inflammatory and works great on joint pain.

There are various recipes on the net.

I use:
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
Large pinch of fresh ground black pepper
small pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp Coconut Oil
1 small can Coconut Milk
Honey to taste.

Method:
Heat the dry ingredients in a pan (to release the good stuff!) then add the coconut oil.
Melt the coconut oil into the dry ingredients and stir gently for a minute or so. (Don't let it "burn")
Add the can of coconut milk and warm through, but don't boil.
When warmed up, pour into your fave mug and add Honey to taste (about 1 tsp).
Enjoy (and repeat daily or as required).

My knees were so bad at one time that I couldn't walk more than about 50 yards without the "red-hot poker" pain coming.
We were due to go on holiday (to the Highlands!) and it's beautiful walking country so I tried taking the Golden Milk in the hope that it might relieve some of the pain. I used it as a bed-time drink on a daily basis.

4 days later, (YES - FOUR!!) on the first day of our trip, I climbed a 1600ft mountain in the morning AND wandered around an outdoor "Folk Museum" all afternoon WITHOUT the Red Poker Pain returning. (I was just a bit achy due to my previous inactivity.)

After that trip, I still have bad knees - but the Golden Milk keeps the worst of the pain at bay and I only take it once in a while now! (Maybe once a fortnight??)

So, I can heartily recommend it. (AND it's ALL NATURAL!)

Might be worth a try?

G

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Thanks for your support again, just wow

I was reading them in the morning and i was going to reply. But then i got emotionally overwhelmed by the posts and cried a couple of good tears, took a deep breath and had to go buy tobacco.

Although my previous attempts at sobriety have failed, i think i have learned something from those. One thing is not to "get drunk" about the sobriety. Feeling like walking 2 inches from the ground, like everything negative is suddenly gone. It is not. Alcohol is gone then, but there are still bills to pay, clothes to wash, food to cook and just managing everyday life and it's many, often boring tasks.

This time i was thinking of writing myself a letter to read if i feel like starting to drink again. What it does to me in the long run. Sum up the positive sides and the negative sides. Now that it is still fresh in the memory and not like i would have been 6 or 8 months sober like last attempts.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thank you!

P

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join