It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oooh, in the mood for cool, classic soft metal, eh?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

OMG, what a wonderful surprise! Hi there! How are you?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ok I'll just keep spinning tunes and sit at the bar.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

They had the Elon Musk "Car in Space" thing on BBC1 this morning, and the video clip had David Bowies "Major Thom" playing, which they actually said was "on the cars stereo..." ... in Space..... in a vacuum...

Well ... it well could be playing.

The speaker is still moving in and out like a piston.

Everything would work properly ... you just would not hear it.

So ... technically ... lol ... I will just leave this here.

BBC are Clunker Heads.

P

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Ah, tis the mighty Wolf Lord.

How are you Pheonix?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

That was very beautiful Sheye! Thank you for sharing it with us!

ETA: Cute new avatar!
edit on 8-2-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Bad bunny! Bad, bad, bad! Makes note to leave the cute little bunny outside. Don't worry, when we throw donuts out to the lurkers, we'll be sure to throw some carrots out there too.

Carrots!?

I am a bacon eating bunny...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hi!

I was contemplating a lot of stuff yesterday, and i realized that there has been next to zero mentions about alcohol here (shed) lately. Then it got me to thinking that people avoid the subject so that i won't get cravings. I won't. And if i will it will not be due to my surroundings. Almost all my friends drink and in Finland in general, alcohol is everywhere. Seriously regulated, frowned upon by some people, but everywhere. I can't avoid hearing or reading or seeing alcohol related things, i am OK with that. I just want you guys and girls to be you and write as usual although i am staying sober for now.

About the regulations, there was a time in the past (i have not lived that era) that if alcohol is served (bars, restaurants), food must be served too. So there was usually a sandwich in a bar. One sandwich. Then people just went to the bartender like "Hi, a large beer and a sandwich", paid, left the sandwich there for the next customer to "buy it" and then returned to the table with the beer.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hi Finn. The drinks I have in the Shed are “ virtual “ drinks ..and you are welcome to join in those pretend drinks anytime. I seldom drink in real life anymore ( one or two on special occasions ).. so you aren’t really alone in your sobriety.

There is one thing I wanted to mention to you though. I have seen people who have quit drinking get very discouraged after slipping up ,after a time of sobriety. Remember that if this happens , it’s not the amount of days sober, but the will to get back up from the slip and start over. The most important day of sobriety is today. All we have is today...

ETA: My aunt told me years ago, when she went to a bar in Finland, that she ate the worst dried out sandwich she ever had 😆... just kidding.
That was hilarious to read about the sandwich though... thanks for sharing.

edit on 8-2-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
There is one thing I wanted to mention to you though. I have seen people who have quit drinking get very discouraged after slipping up ,after a time of sobriety. Remember that if this happens , it’s not the amount of days sober, but the will to get back up from the slip and start over. The most important day of sobriety is today. All we have is today...

Yeah, i have seen that too. In myself and others. It was quite rough to start drinking again after those 6 and 8 months of sobriety that i have had before. The alcoholism med (antabus, antabuse) would make me feel horrifying if i would drink a beer or two now. And after quitting it, it takes two weeks for it to leave from the body. And i have been taking it for a couple of days now. I just wanted to tell you all that, so it is not going to be like i just one time show up here at the shed completely wasted and posting some meaningless nonsense. You all will know well before.

I just had my afternoon coffee and wrote something:

TO POISON

You held me
In your grip for ages again
You oppressed me
Efforts of rebellion went in vain
What If I told you;
“You have no power, for I ignore”
What if I told you;
“I want you to leave, and close the door”

You justified yourself
By pretending a necessity
You glorified yourself
But kept me in captivity
What if I believed
I will find what once was lost
What if I believed
In a warm core underneath the frost

My wish is to purify.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That was an interesting poem Fin ... very well written. Writing is a good outlet... keep it up. We enjoy reading your stuff.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Leaves bacon outside for Lags and lurkers.

Fin,when I drink, everyone in here knows it because I tell them. Black russians are a favorite alcoholic beverage for me. On occasoon maybe wine or some exotic concoction, but it's usually on certain Holidays, a wedding or maybe a friend's birthday and definitly my own. LOL Oh and...Loved your music vid! I always look forward to them as you know.
OMG the sandwiches...Bahaha! Great poem!

Sheye you got it right when you spoke to Fin of it being ok to have a virtual drink. The pixie's make them extra special. You were also right about falling down and picking yourself up again. I have seen that with people as well. Some have had a number of falls before being ok for the rest of their lives and never touching another drink.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hope everyone is well and having a good day! Still dreaming of Spring.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It is not a conspiracy dear Finspiracy. We can talk about other things too. There be Dragons here too...

No wait...the dragons are eating our neighbours sheep again! They roast them in the field with a single blast of fire. Baaa.... On the other hand it's a quick death and if we start some Alien Animal Mutilation threads here on ATS we can blame it on aliens. ATS loves alien stories!

Shhh!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Hiya Night.

You were also right about falling down and picking yourself up again. I have seen that with people as well. Some have had a number of falls before being ok for the rest of their lives and never touching another drink.

I don’t like to refer to them as falls, just slip ups.. or even a decision change. Everyone has their own reasons for either cutting back or quitting altogether ... as well as the reasons for perhaps starting again.

But if you want to quit permanently... the best and most reliable place to start is quitting for today.

K ... I’ll shaaadup now 😏... just wanted to make that distinction. If Fin decides to have a drink I won’t consider him fallen... I’ll consider him someone who changed his mind, and then may change it again.😉
edit on 8-2-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

just wanted to make that distinction. If Fin decides to have a drink I won’t consider him fallen... I’ll consider him someone who changed his mind, and then may change it again.😉

It is how people I know have described it...that they had fallen... off the wagon so to speak, but picked themselves back up, tried again and were successful. So whether Fin has 'fallen' or 'slipped up' or however one wants to describe it, I would accept Fin as he is and encourage him when needed. The love of our fellow sheddites is unconditional, at least in my view.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Oooooh dragons and aliens, a couple of my favorite subjects.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Exactly how I feel Night. I would hate for a friend to feel like a failure...and choices can always be reversed if the path chosen leads to unhappiness and depression.

I think we all want Fin to find his best life full of vibrant health, and wise choices.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

........ but there is nothing heroic about my path.

I have been thinking about this for days now.
A hero in Wisworld is a person who has the courage to face his own inner demons, challenge them, wrestle with them and go for the prize. A hero is a being who persist through downfall. A hero is some one who tries again and again against all odds.

...... i made a wrong turn,

We all make "wrong turns" some are more significant than others, but to admit it shows valiant character. The majority will never admit a mistake, I see them as cowards.

Go FIN

edit on 8-2-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blipp

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join