It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hows about some completly 'Random' bits of comment or information..Knock yourself out...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Aren't rudders in the stern?

What does the term "rudder amidship" mean ?

Means to put the rudder on the center line; no rudder angle. As a rule, this order is merely "RUDDER AMIDSHIPS!"

what does the term "rudder amidship" mean ?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Squirrels are horrid creatures they rape each other and spread chlamydia amongst their victims.

Heres one trying to have its way with a snake!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Lol, you don't say..., my car's a truck... and a calico paint job...a reply to: olaru12

Curado, hija....Estas en serio o me estas tomando los pelos?

idiom fest....
edit on 15-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The Island of Lundy in England's Bristol Channel, has been in the possession of such diverse owners as the Knights Templars and pirates from various nations. It was once owned by one William Hudson Heaven who attempted to make the island independent from the UK. Hudson Heaven's quest ultimately failed, but lead to the Island becoming known as the Kingdom of Heaven.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Plotus
Lol, you don't say..., my car's a truck... and a calico paint job...a reply to: olaru12

Normally my Daughter wouldn't attempt such shananigans while I was awake, but ... I almost took your meaning to be the tongue of the Andian highlanders. Regardless, I will wear a hat to protect my hair.

Curado, hija....Estas en serio o me estas tomando los pelos?

idiom fest....

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Just thought I'd insert a random reply here. Speaking of sea creatures, ever heard of Mocha Dick?

www.theatlantic.com...
edit on 15-1-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Next time someone tells you it's more important to make memories in your life rather than money, tell them this:

"Tell that to a millionaire with Alzheimer's or dementia."

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Here is a few tidbits of tasty trivia for you...

I can read your mind. Pick any number between one and ten, double it then add six, halve it, then subtract the number you picked...your answer is 3.

When guessing a coin toss, go for heads because there is a slightly better chance of winning because the heads side of the coin is heavier than the tails side.

Hamburgers don't come from Hamburg in Germany, only the Hamburg steak which Americans turned into the hamburger, The French Fry and spaghetti and meatballs are also American inventions.

Certain species of mayfly lives for two hours, their sole purpose is to breed, speaking of breeds certain species of fish will change sex during their lifetime, so the sequel to Finding Nemo would be Finding Norma.

I'll leave with a nerd joke; what do you call two crows sitting on a tree branch? attempted murder.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Jet fuel doesn't melt 9/11

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Ice skates melt ice under the blade from friction rather than cutting for movement.

Kennedy was killed for printing money through congress and without the Federal reserve among other things. He resisted starting a war with Russia.

Red caps, red hair and ginger traits used to be distrusted by people. There are many mythologies about red capped or red headed tricksters doing bad things to common people.

NYC pizza is great because of the water. We have great h20 here thanks to the Adirondack mountains.

Hot dog venders will sell more flavorful dogs if they reuse the water from the day before.

Napoleon wasnt short. The standard measurement was different back then between France and the UK. Also there were active campaigns to insult and mock him so this is disinfo we brought into history class.

Also, Napoleon was a great person who grew up poor and had a novel idea of making peasants literate as well as granting certain unalienable rights to the lower classes. The first deplorable.

The English crown is the head of our western worlds elite. MANY powerful people dont even know this.

Robocops battle mode that we see only a little clip of in the new movie is a nod to the original.

The earth isn't hollow but is cavernous. All planets are mostly. Our ancestors had bunker type installations underground that still house the remnants of a past advanced civilization.

Police sirens turn on the dash cam in most PD cruisers.

An arc of electricity can disrupt RF signals.

The first microwaves were more powerful and could cook in seconds what ours now cook in minutes.

Homosapiens were a tribute culture for neanderthal wherever we coexisted because they were stronger and probably as smart as us, just with thousands of years of more experience. Their descendants through a divergent branch of humanity may have been the incarnate gods we hear about in the earliest mythologies.

That is why our "gods" wanted tribute. We always gave them our stuff.

Anti gravity may help us move around like UFOs but for interstellar travel it would be useless.

UFOs are living beings that build merkabas imbued with abilities they have.

Aliens and UFOs are interdimentional and from non linear time /space. They may be from the future AND the past.

Our solar system is traveling through our galaxy while our galaxy is traveling through the universe. Everything is never in the same place it was and will never be in the same place in space ever again.

The west coast has better weed than Amsterdam.

Our continents grow apart by inches every year towards the pacific ocean and our moon gets farther away by a similar measure yearly as well.

There were a couple large land masses like Pangea. Our planets crust is not the same crust that existed back then since it renews itself constantly.

The first table bread crumber was called "The personal butler".

Aztec prostitutes would have half their hair messed up and would chew gum to identify themselves.

I have to go. I am cold now. Good thread! I love these type of open subjects.

edit on 1 15 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The digits of any number multiplied by 9, always add up to 9.

Also, bass players are always underrrated. Even the greats.
edit on 15-1-2018 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie
I live with murder every day. About 10 or 11, squawking and boring holes in the ground looking for June bug larva or eggs.
What ever happened to the cicada invasion ? I was wearing my hat.....

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
In the movie "The Replacements" The big game at the end Keanu Reeves is in his houseboat watching the halftime interview with Gene Hackman . Next scene he is in the locker room with Hackman. Its always bugged me loll. good to get it out.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
The digits of any number multiplied by 9, always add up to 9.

Also, bass players are always underrrated. Even the greats.

Just to show your right www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Self-proclaimed Devonshire prophetess Johanna Southcott (Southcote) believed herself to be the "Woman Of The Apocalypse" of Revelations. Her writings later formed the basis for The Panacea Society which taught that the Biblical Garden Of Eden was in Bedford England.

The Society purchased a house in the town for the returned messiah to live in. The house still stands and is the site of the Panacea Society Museum.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
More.

Torrefacto coffee was coffee that was toasted with a little sugar to make it stronger and so less could be used during the Spanish civil war.

White people produce melanin but a different type that doesnt change our skin color.

Breast feeding your child gives it the mothers defences at birth. It also establishes a strong emotional intelligence in the child because of the interaction with the mother.

Roman cement was stolen from Carthage. It is older than we know and is not really a mystery. They used blood or milk as well as water. We have rediscovered it and improved it with modern mixes.

There are lower levels of the subway in NYC that are covered in so many bugs the whole floor moves. The city just closed them off and used the top levels.

Gold powder has always been consumed by wealthy people for its health benefits. The grains have to be VERY fine.

Lobster used to be poor people food.

Hispanic foods like cow tripe, pigs feet, beef ears and so on was a cuisine derived from colonial times when the slaves would only get the scraps from the masters after the best meat was butchered and removed from the animals.

In the movie "Inner space":

"Nom-non-horin-hito" were the words that Lt. Tuck Pendleton used to motivate Jack Puter to jump off the freezer truck and onto Tucks car that Lydia was driving.

I dont know what they mean, but if you scream them at people they move really fast and listen for instructions on the fly.

The cowboy in that movie is the holographic doctor from Star Trek Voyager.

edit on 1 15 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You are currently travelling at over 1 million miles per hour.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: intrptr

Aren't rudders in the stern?

What does the term "rudder amidship" mean ?

Means to put the rudder on the center line; no rudder angle. As a rule, this order is merely "RUDDER AMIDSHIPS!"

what does the term "rudder amidship" mean ?

Steering boards proceeded rudders, were outboard on the right side of ship, preventing docking on that side. The stern is the whole back of the ship, midship is the centerline.

Placing rudder midships is placing the rudder straight with the centerline (or midship) to steer straight, instead of to port or starboard.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Geography teachers have no toes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join