It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hows about some completly 'Random' bits of comment or information..Knock yourself out...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
In 1993, San Francisco held a referendum to decide whether a police officer named Bob Geary would be allowed to go on foot patrol while carrying a ventriloquist's dummy he named Brendan O'Smarty. The referendum passed, and Bob and Brendan made their rounds. Brendan had a

badge number 1/2 and a water pistol.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If you ever have a BAD tooth ache and cant treat it properly, buy some rubbing alcohol and just pool some in your mouth over the tooth.

The taste is horrible, but after a few seconds all will be well with the world for about an hour. If it was throbbing from infection this fixes that for even longer.

This will also get you tipsy if you are a light weight. Dont drive after. lol

Whiskey works also but try to not use liquor since some has added SUGAR! Not good for a tooth ache.

When congested eat some mint.

My friend used to have swamp ass constantly. I told him to just get a bar deodorant for his taint and it fixed his issues during the summer.

Hannibal's army would take near ice cold baths. Warming your water was a crime punishable by death in his army.

Gin is excellent for cleaning bar counters and such where wood collects beer odors and general nastiness. Also, gin is gross.

Most prison meals not served in the mess hall use broken up instant noodles and chips for flavor.

Noodles eaten in prison with no fake cheese gelatin, corn chips or other such weird addition is called a "butt naked". Thats means plain.

Mollywhop means to beat someone up so bad its like a grown person beating a child. Someone completely defenceless against an attack being received.

Some people have extra ligaments in their arms from neanderthal ancestors. You can see it if you bend you wrist, palm towards the forearm. If one ligament shoots up you got it. As a child this would have allowed you to hang from your fingertips for hours. Doctors used to do this to babies....because why not.

If we took all the metal ever mined and condensed it into its most condensed state and made a tower out of it, it would only fill the Washington monument in DC with room to spare.

Canada is mineral rich thanks to one of the biggest meteors to crash into earth. This impact deposited rare and plentiful minerals all over the great northern land.

China has more than half of its armed forces underground. Tanks, aircraft, vehicles, everything and LOTS of tunnels. They havent stopped digging since the 50s.

Supposedly: When my sister was a toddler, she once stuck her finger in a dogs butt. My grandmother suspects as much as well as thinking that my sister tasted her finger right after. I like to believe that this one did happen. Fingers crossed. We will know at the end of time.

Great stalacpipe organ

The organ was constructed in the 1950s in the Luray Caverns, Virginia, USA. It stretches across an area of three acres, and can be heard throughout the 64-acre caverns. Leland Sprinkle, who was responsible for its creation, used stalactites found in the caves to produce the musical notes for the instrument. Some reports say that he tried over 2,000 stalactites out before he obtained the correct sound. The stalactites are struck by rubber mallets controlled by a an organ-style keyboard. As you can hear in this performance of Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata, the sound it produces is incredibly clear, and it’s not surprising to learn that the area had been known for its musical characteristics long before the organ itself was built.

www.cmuse.org...

edit on 1 15 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Plotus

Normally my Daughter wouldn't attempt such shananigans while I was awake, but ... I almost took your meaning to be the tongue of the Andian highlanders. Regardless, I will wear a hat to protect my hair.

hmmmm, are you a torta de lana, or a wool sandwich?

idioms yeehawww
To tell you the truth, I'm more a Gordita's kind of person, mmmmmmmmm

Wool, no...... no ser una cabeza de aire y promiscuos
edit on 15-1-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So's I said to them in a tongue they could understand ... ¿te he dicho alguna vez cuando cumplí 19 años? Estaba viviendo por todas partes, pero sobre todo en la playa, Laguna Beech en Laguna Canyon. La vida no iba a ninguna parte y decidí unirme al ejército. Me convertí en un DoorGunner en Vietnam, terminé mi Tour y volvimos completamente normal..... el resto es historia.

By then it was known by everyone my meaning, and again, the rest is history.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
111-111-1111 used to be the phone number for the New York Times headquarters. Its not working anymore.

Federal law requires legitimate caller ID information. Its a blacklisted number now.

The Times admitted that in 1999 they created the number so as to protect sources. All calls would route to a central system with that number making it impossible for anyone who subpoenaed phone records to know from which extension a call came from.

The Mona Lisa is only as famous as it is because it was stolen and took world newspapers by storm. This was the trending topic of 1911.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I once saw a dog with a nipple the size of a baseball.
Tequila kills crabs.
edit on 15-1-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
UL3- 2121 used to be for Time. My Granma was a Chiefopitor.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What's the difference between an Orange? ....................give up? .............nothing, one is both the same.

I once saw a dog with a nipple the size of a baseball.

....But I never have.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Plotus because: woof, woof...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum Heist

In 1990, two thieves dressed as Boston police officers entered the museum and stole 13 works of art.

The missing pieces include a Rembrandt, Manet, and a few by Degas, estimated at $500 million total. Empty frames currently hang in the room, in homage to the missing art and in hopes that they will one day be returned. This is one of the greater unsolved mysteries in American crime.

mic.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

www.msn.com...

This just showed up in the news....

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Ha! Thats good group cosmic will power at work or something!

More to add:

This is fun and great mental floss,

Amakusa Shirō

People thought he was the fulfillment of St. Francis Xavier’s prophecy (Jesuit) that there would be ”A Son of God” born in Shimabara, Japan and he would do miracles. A Catholic Japanese Samurai messiah. Yup.

It was said that he could walk on the sea, make birds fly down from sky to perch on his hand, cause shellfish to come out of their shells, and perform other miracles.

In 1637 strange appearances in the sky and unusual blossoms in the gardens coincided with the signs foretold in St. Francis Xavier’s prophecy.

Catholic Samurais led a Rebellion against the Protestant backed Shogunate and lost in a final stand at Hara Castle. Shiro led the defence of the Castle and died when it fell.

His death poem was: "Now, those who accompany me in being besieged in this castle, will be my friends unto the next world."

Shiro was the son of the former Konishi clan leader (Christian Samurai). Shirō was born into a Catholic family. This at a time when the Protestant Dutch had effectively kicked out Catholics from Japan taking all the wealth that came with exclusive trade rights. Largely thanks to the rebellion started by Portuguese Jesuits.

The Dutch were also ordered to give information if they knew of missionaries being brought by the vessels of any other nation. The local power was allowed to stay corrupt because of its controlled isolation (no more missionaries was the deal) and the Dutch got exclusive trade rights over a major Spanish and Portuguese trade partner.

Shiro had been brought up in Nagasaki and probably learned from the missionaries and other foreigners which enabled him to astonish the people of his then isolated country by a display of wisdom.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Geography teachers have no toes.
One of my best friends has webbed feet.... for real..!
I knew a guy that had six webbed toes on each foot. He had pointy ears, too.
Now he is a baptist minister. True story.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i Often wish intelligent aliens would reveal themselves to humanity. The way society keeps degrading mAkes me feel that there is no intelligent life in the universe

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SupremeBeing

Aliens have have been revealing themselves to humanity all throughout history, but you won't here about it from any mainstream sources...

The MSM and most other researchers want us to believe that ET is our friend, don't buy it for a second.

The Unholy Communion video is a good starting point for research.

The UFO phenomena are manifestations of living beings that are here to deceive mankind. They appear in their UFO form because they wish to change our perception of reality. That they are alive rather than mechanical is not our only conclusion.

thestrongdelusion.com...

The thousands of contacts with the entities indicate that they are liars and put-on artists. ~ John Keel

They are inveterate liars and deceivers, and delight in bamboozling and misleading mankind with all manner of nonsense. ~ Gordon Creighton

“Alien abduction” experiences have been occurring for centuries; the only difference is that those who experienced them in the past usually recognized them as being something evil from a demonic force. It is only in modern times that large numbers of people in Christian countries have began to refer to the atypical “alien abduction” as something that is not demonic. " "I think that the experiences are so similar that one can conclude that they are in reality one and the same."

Similarities Between UFO Encounters And Demonic Encounters

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

"Digitus meus trahere." -Deus

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Ships from ports such as Newcastle used to carry urine from the city's residents, to other ports for use in the leather tanning industry. It is thought that this is where the British and Irish expression "taking the piss" meaning to make fun of someone or something, derives from.

I just read the other day that the people who sold their urine to the tanneries were considered "piss poor" and the even more unfortunate ones did not "have a pot to piss in"

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

This is just more evidence in favor of the BIG QUAKE hitting the left coast.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
One does not simply poop on the taco cart. !0,000 bare-assed orangutans agree.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Ha ha, no noxious gasses for me....

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Some thoughts on An Atheist’s Prayer

Even the more thoughtful approaches to prayer haven’t gotten through to me. I read Anne Lamott’s book about the “three essential prayers” she thinks every person should learn. The prayers are simply, “help,” “thanks,” and “wow.” I loved the book, and I love the idea of cultivating a deeper practice of interdependence, gratitude, and awe.

Link

edit on 1 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join