It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hows about some completly 'Random' bits of comment or information..Knock yourself out...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
OP, I live here now. I love this thread. I dont want to seem over bearing but I want to keep adding tit bits of things I come across. Its cool to have them all in one place.

Thanks again

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

So glad ATS is accommodating us, it is interesting examining minutia and extravagances, and everything in between.

Oh, I loved the glazed donuts, they came every day about 9:00 where I lived, in Corona California.

oldlarestaurants.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
When I was in first grade, our school had a day trip to the La Brea Tar Pits. That is where I first became acquainted with ancient animals and ultimately Dinosaurs some time later.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Bigfoot is reported to have a small penis.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

A few things, randomly

There is not real chocolate in Tootsie Rolls.

New Jersey and Oregon cannot pump their own gas. It's illegal. Oregon just passed a law that some places are allowed now.

This one is my Mandella Affect, i guess.
Walt Disney was NOT cryogenically frozen. I always thought it was a fact. I even saw it in an encyclopedia in the 70's. It was common knowledge.

Nope-turns out to be an urban legend...

Great random info in this thread. S/F

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If an ant so much as crawls through the slime of a snail carrying fasciola, the brain is
hijacked, and it will spend each morning sitting atop a blade of grass, until consumed by a grazing beast.

# 934
edit on 16-1-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Filling a garbage bag with oxygen-acetylene is a very bad idea.
One spark of static electricity and you get your shirt blown off and your ear drum ruptured.
Seen it.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Last night I was attacked by a gang of mimes, they did unspeakable things to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I know most of you were wondering and apprehensive.... www.snopes.com...

There you have it.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
For your enjoyment, the Tin Man...
www.darkroastedblend.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In the event that your governing body has made 8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate
a prohibited substance, you might
look to the root of Centaurea diffusa, the ‘invasive’ knapweed, for your source.

# 935
edit on 18-1-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
When jumping from a rope-swing into a river, make sure the rope is pulled taught.
Jumping from a high branch with too much slack can end with you breaking your own fall on the muddy bank.
Ask Dr. Stupid.
Gravity will kick your ass.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hinduism is a minority religion in Trinidad and Tobago. It came from indentured indian workers in the 1840s.

Hindus are about 30% of the population there and have been historically marginalized. Even now there is strong discrimination against Hindu culture in T&T.

There are several temples and such there. They have expensive weddings.

edit on 1 19 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
A culture described in the novels of V.S. Naipaul.
E.g. "The Mystic Masseur", "The Suffrage of Elvira".

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Where'd the cheese go?

I don't know!

Ween: Where'd the Cheese Go?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The Little League field I played at as a kid was directly across the street from an active military base. Occasionally they would test the Nike launch platforms, a few times it happened during a game. They'd come out of the ground and lock in place making a bunch of noise. It was cool but kinda scary when you're nine!

It's now a nature preserve but the bunkers and platforms are still there - I often wish someone would have taken a picture of the missiles during a game for history's sake.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
being called a "28" in the Dominican Republic is being called a crazy person.

There is a mental health hospital on highway 28 that originates the name. Escapees were called 28s

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Cigarettes are legal.

Cigarettes are known to kill people.

You can no longer advertise cigarettes unless the adverts are on the buildings that sell them.

Guns are legal.

Guns are known to kill people.

You can no longer advertise guns unless the adverts are on buildings that sell them.

How long will it take before that last sentence is true?

I just passed a covered bus stop bench in Phoenix with an advert for a gun show. I was smoking a cigarette at the time and my mind put 1 and 1 together.

Cigarettes used to be socially acceptable until the medical community deemed them a public health hazard.

Which community.....medical.....psychiatric.......business.....Will be the one to step up and make us see guns as we do Cigarettes? As the killers that they are?

Remember, a cigarette is the same as a gun. Lying dormant and unused, they're harmless. Pick one up and the story changes.

Feel free to repost on any social media site of your choosing. I know I will.
edit on 26-2-2018 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Oldie but goodie.

Captain Crunch is really Commander Crunch.

The "captain" on the box has only three stripes on his sleeve. Commanders get three "bars". Captains get four.

The imposter on the box is no captain. He is really Commander Crunch.

We live in a world of lies.

edit on 5 18 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join