It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hows about some completly 'Random' bits of comment or information..Knock yourself out...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I miss Ralph Nader.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Now there was a lot turtle to love...
dinoanimals.com...

** push your < back button, it should load.**
edit on 15-1-2018 by Plotus because: to be a Diety is divine

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If THE Square Hole is big enough...YOU CAN put a Round Peg in it.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

AND, 11111111X11111111= 123456787654321

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
If THE Square Hole is big enough...YOU CAN put a Round Peg in it.
I have felt this way often times while stuck on a foggy back road with a flat tire on my Borgward Isabella, I kid you not...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The German word 'Buchstabe' [letter as in a,b,c etc], is made out of the two words 'Buch = Book and Stab[e] = stick. The reason for this is that it is still left over from chucking runes carved on short sticks in the air.

edit on 15-1-2018 by Hecate666 because: more explanation

Oh, forgot the best bit:
The word 'Lesen' [read] means also 'picking'. Which came form picking those sticks of the ground.

When we read words, we therefore still pick up the rune sticks.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

This is a thread I made ..." The Boss Mustang is one of those cars of the past that even the Chevy and Mopar guys can appreciate . "When Ford canceled their Trans Am racing program in 1970, they also canceled the 1971 Boss 302 Mustang, but one car, a prototype, was sold to the public. " This is the story" www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back in the day when Bultaco's were doing well I bought a 250 CZ :>) loved that bike

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
'Rule Of Thumb' originally meant that husbands were legally allowed to hit their wives with a stick or cane...AS LONG as it was no thicker than the husband's thumb.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
. There was no 1999 model year Impala.

Speaking of Impalas...

A little known fact about Impalas (we are talking about the Sub-Saharan African animals): they have a small black spot just behind their hooves. Some biologists believe this spot confuses predators during the chase, namely lions, leopards, and cheetahs--animals that are generally faster than the Impala.

1999 Chevy Impala SS - GM High Tech Performance Magazine

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have a few random factoids I'll share;

Giraffes are the only animals to be born with horns, and they have the same number of vertebrae in their necks as humans do - theirs are simply elongated.

The human body produces a compound very similar in molecular structure to Δ9-THC produced by Cannabis, it's an endocannabinoid known commonly as 'Anandamide'. It was nicknamed so by scientists after the Sanskrit term for 'bliss'; 'ananda'.

The Michelin Mans real name is Bibendum

I'm usually full of useless info, but now I'm actually trying to recall it, it's not playing ball

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The War of Jenkin's Ear was waged between Britian and Spain, from 1739-1748. Its odd moniker refers to the severence of Robert Jenkin's ear by Spanish coast guards after he boarded their vessel, an insult which, while gaining little traction at first, was picked up on a few years later by belicose politicians and British Merchants seeing an opportunity for financial and strategic gain through warfare, and used to promote their cause.
edit on 15-1-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
a reply to: Aldakoopa

"The only year that the corvette was not produced was in 1983. The 1984 Model was introduced early, but no '83 model was produced.".

Actually there is one (and a half) left. About a dozen 83's were produced for testing, but ordered crushed. It was a rainy day and the guy in charge had a new pair of boots. so he went home rather than get them wet before all the cars were crushed. The crusher guy thought he was all done so he left. the next day the boots guy came back and found one 1983 left. He rolled it into the back lot and put a cover on it where it stayed for a decade until it was rediscovered. They put it in the NCM: National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky where it rests to this day. The factory also had an 83 that they cut in half lengthwise and hung half of it above the entrance door to the factory. It is now hanging above the service bay at the museum.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Romans bitched about some of the same things we bitch about.

THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

“This collection of animals of every kind mixed together, distressed both the citizens by the unusual stench, and the peasants crowded together into their close apartments, with heat, want of sleep, and their attendance on each other, and contact itself propagated the disease.” - Tacitus

Whats wrong, can't afford 800k for a 2 bedroom 1 bath domus?
edit on 15-1-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
In cricket;
Balls are "bowled" at the batsman, rather than "thrown", as in baseball.
One bowler will bowl six balls in succession, before another player (bowling from the other end of the pitch) takes his turn.
Each period of six balls is called an "over".
An over in which the batsman does not score is called a "maiden over".
An invisible diagonal line stretching away from the batsman is called "the gully", presumably because struck balls travel along that line so frequently.
That is why old cricketers are able to amuse themselves by cracking jokes about "bowling a maiden over in the gully".

edit on 15-1-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
When steely Dan was first starting out, before they took that name, Walter Becker and Donald fagen were backed up on drums by none other than Chevy Chase!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The most important question ever asked was:

"Seriously, Who Farted?"

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
'Rule Of Thumb' originally meant that husbands were legally allowed to hit their wives with a stick or cane...AS LONG as it was no thicker than the husband's thumb.

Appears to actually be a myth.

"Pulling one's leg" on the other hand, not sure about that one...

Rule of thumb" does not come from a misogynistic British law. Many people believe that the phrase “rule of thumb” dates back to when an 18th-century judge ruled that it was acceptable for a man to beat his wife as long as he used a stick no wider than his thumb.

Yet despite a scholarly investigation, no evidence suggests that a judge has ever said this — and there are no cases in British common law that have ever held that it was legal for a man to beat his wife with a stick of any size. It originates from the human thumb's long history of being used to estimate measurements, from alignment to distance.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

My mom is Asian and growing up if they wanted to gain weight they ate Tofu,
if they wanted to lose weight they drank sugar water.

Somehow we do the opposite here in the US.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
"Pulling one's leg" on the other hand, not sure about that one...

Hence the sceptical response; "Pull the other one- it's got bells on."

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Before rudders were placed amidships, the 'steering board' hung over the right side, or "Starboard", preventing ships docking on the right side.

Ships could only dock or "Port" to load or offload on the left side.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join