It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hows about some completly 'Random' bits of comment or information..Knock yourself out...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
OK, I'll start first. Your comment can be on any topic or thoughts you might have, but RANDOM is best.

A mock-Yiddish expression, "Ische ga bibble?", which was purported to mean "I should worry?", prompting a curious (and perhaps not coincidental) association with the "What, me worry?" motto of Mad Magazine's mascot, Alfred E. Neuman. While this derivation has been widely quoted on the Internet and elsewhere, the expression "ische ga bibble" is not Yiddish and in fact contains no Yiddish words at all. However, there is a Yiddish expression, "nisht gefidlt," meaning "it doesn't matter to me," from which the term "ish kabibble" may derive.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

There is a place in Central Australia called "Muckaty" Its where they proposed to dump radio-active waste.

"Muckaty" is an aboriginal term to describe a rifle/firearm.

It is derived from the early explorers (Dutch) who carried "muskets". (musketeer)

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Que, coche mas chingon

idiomatic street lingo....
edit on 15-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I like turtles!

PS: Did you know that women in Liechtenstein were finally granted the right to vote in July, 1984?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Lol, you don't say..., my car's a truck... and a calico paint job...a reply to: olaru12

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
There's a country song that keeps coming on the radio here at work that really bugs my inner car enthusiast. In it, he mentions wanting to see a girl's "hand-me-down '99 Impala". There was no 1999 model year Impala. Production stopped in 1996, and GM resumed production on a new platform for the 2000 model year in 1999, but there is no such thing as a '99 Impala.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH CHEESE ANYWAY?????

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The "black hand" assisted in the events that lead to WW 1.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
How about,
"Give them the whole nine yards"?

That refers to the length of a p51 mustangs ammo belt.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'll coax this on a bit..

one man’s passion for motorcycle sport.

Fifty years ago, don Francisco Xavier Bulto resigned as technical director of Montesa. He had started the company with Pedro Permanyer in 1944, but when Permanyer and the other directors decided to pull out of racing Bulto felt he had no other option.

When word spread that don Francisco was leaving Montesa, his racing team went to production manager Joan Chalamanch’s office and asked what he was going to do. “I’m going to suggest that he starts his own motorcycle business,” said Chalamanch. “And that we are all behind him.”
That was May 17, 1958, and within days work started on a new 125cc single-cylinder 2-stroke motorcycle. Four months later the prototype was ready for testing, and by February 1959 they were ready to go into production. The new company’s name was Bultaco

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

"The only year that the corvette was not produced was in 1983. The 1984 Model was introduced early, but no '83 model was produced.".

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm not sure whether I should

a) buy another ISA One
b) try a different pre-amp
c) neither of the above

For those in the know, I've got G.A.S.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

I like turtles!

PS: Did you know that women in Liechtenstein were finally granted the right to vote in July, 1984?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Bobby pins were invented during the flapper era that happened after World War I. The bobbed hair that was being worn needed to be held in to place. Luis Marcus, who invented the Bobby pins, originally sold them as a pair $0.35. At one point, he was going to name his new invention the Marcus pin. In the end, however, he decided that naming it after bobbed hair was a better marketing solution. Marcus passed away in 1990 at the age of 102.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

“If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.” -Nikola Tesla

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
14 years before the Titanic sunk...a book came out about the world's largest passenger ship hitting an iceberg in the N. Atlantic, during it's maiden voyage.
The ship's given dimensions were roughly the same as Titanic and the story tells there were not enough lifeboats for passengers.
BOTH ships were travelling the same speed, when struck by icebergs on the same side (Starboard).
BOTH ships were described as "unsinkable".
BOTH ships sunk on the SAME night in April.

The ship in the fictional story was named 'TITAN'.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ships from ports such as Newcastle used to carry urine from the city's residents, to other ports for use in the leather tanning industry. It is thought that this is where the British and Irish expression "taking the piss" meaning to make fun of someone or something, derives from.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

“If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.” -Nikola Tesla

I believe Marko Rodin was on to that also.....www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-1-2018 by Plotus because: oooops

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I like turtles!

Have 2:

I was once at a pet store in Detroit that had dozens of them, all the two-headed/Siamese variants. Such production of them a D thing I guess.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join