It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police shot my friend in a peaceful town

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

i aint gettin involved with the case part im just talkin bout it. didnt see nothin just heard cause its a small town. sorry to hear. money wont make murder better though, justice will. the pig responsible rotting in jail for 10 to 15 after good behavior.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
a reply to: MisterSpock

we know they are covering up something we just only know so far that they tried covering up illegal use of fatal force but theres still more just dont know yet.

And again, how do you know this? You cite witnesses saying the same things--witnesses rarely say the same things. And how many witnesses were there? How are you obtaining witness statements? What exactly are they saying?

You still have yet to provide any of this evidence other than through your own hearsay.

That's not enough...nor is that an open mind.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

Where did this happen again?

Are you living in that city?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Cool

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Lol okay. I mean...a weather recording station isn't some huge monstrosity or something. You can stick one in a school and let the kids run it.

But yea, we'll go with the whole "we're just a bunch of hicks and don't cotton to no newfangled technological contraptions" shtick.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The only witness I've found anything from is the guy's fiance.

She was in, or at, the car at the time the shooting took place. The only thing she's said is that the guy was just trying to get away, not going after anybody.

She also, apparently, was not aware he had a knife on him which the OP has stated definitively that he was.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

small town rumors of people driving by cause it was main road but only a few have been consistant & are almost the same as what the cops said happened exept for like the town cop shooting & not the staty & a high speed chase.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

canaan nh its a town in woods

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

chances are he did most people do round here cause its the woods, id be suprised if not. & i doubt many people stopped while driving or like theyd even let them

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

google upper valley we aint technologically advanced. we get scraps of what the rest of america get lol which is fine keeps this kind of violence away

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

www.vnews.com...

I am sorry for your loss but if you have a warrant out on you and skip court on purpose you shouldn't be literally running from the cops.
He didn't deserve to die though for sure.
Bad decision though.

I see nothing that justifies "shoot to kill".

Anytime a cop shoots an unarmed man, and kills him, that cop should be immediately dismissed from the police force.

We don't want those types of cops in uniform patrolling our streets.

Whether the cop is prosecuted or not, depends on all the circumstances.

But, the cop should never be on the force, regardless of circumstances.

Cops are part of the reason those "circumstances" appear, that lead to killings, so once we've identified who has a tendency to create the circumstances that then require them to shoot to kill, we remove those cops to "prune" the force.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
well there you go, you just found yourself a niche. Open up an electronics store with trouble shooting services and you or your kid will get on the city council in a few decades.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: YouSir

Cool

Get back to work!

No one is paying you to believe in the power of your dreams!

edit on 28 12 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

small town rumors of people driving by cause it was main road but only a few have been consistant & are almost the same as what the cops said happened exept for like the town cop shooting & not the staty & a high speed chase.

But earlier, you stated:

thank you & its a big mess right now, all of the witnesses say the same thing but the cops say something completely different.

Which is it. Do all of the witnesses agree on the same thing, and it's completely different from what the cops say, or are there a few consistent witnesses that have relatively consistent scenarios as the official story?

And who said anything about a "high speed chase?" I cited a source that noted that there was a chase while in vehicles, but nothing about it being high-speed.

Also, I find it exceptionally hard to believe that there were so many witnesses that happened to be at the scene and looking when the officer fired to know exactly who fired and what happened. Below is a satellite image of the intersection in question, and not knowing the time of the image, it's pretty obvious, though, that it's not a heavily traveled area.

Like I keep saying, I need links to facts, not rumors.
edit on 28-12-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Or are you pretending to know all of the details and therefore have made an intelligent conclusion as to this specific case? If so, please provided a bulleted list of said details, since you seem to privy to them and are leaving the rest of us in the dark.

Everyones 'in the dark', I already said that.

In every post I responded to others specific subjective opinions, "probably criminal, had priors, probably deserved it."

But do tell how you assumed they are 'in the know' ...

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

When did I say that anyone was 'in the know?'

In fact, I've repeatedly noted that we still need the pertinent facts and can't take this post at face value.

And there is no "probably" when we don't have the facts.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

it was dark. bad snow & ice that night. they knew him personally. he had a pocket knife which he didnt pull. no car chase.

First, let me say directly to you that I feel for your loss--don't let my comments pertaining to the law and the history of your friend's arrest detract from my empathy for you.

With that said, though, do you have a source for the information above? I'm not calling you a liar, but I need verifiable information in order to call it a fact for the purposes of this incident. I cited the source that noted the car chase and crash.

Thanks. (I really am trying to figure it all out...I let the facts guide me)

As for your claim that this is "murder" by the police and that they are lying, you are currently falling well short of proving those claims at all.

Said so in the news article posted on the first page. Said he looked in his rearview, saw a police car behind him, tried to make a sudden turn, lost control and crashed the car. Cop pulled up to see what happened, and he told his passenger "Run" and then took off on foot.

This is why I'm having a really hard time with the OP -- he says it didn't happen like they say, and then proceeds to say, it happened exactly like they say.

Then I suss out that he was a criminal himself who "changed his ways" after saying "I'm a good guy I do community service." Which is addict behavior; slowly unraveling the truth; here it is...

Both the OP and his friend who was shot, are career criminals, dealers and addicts. He claims his buddy wouldn't ever hurt anyone, and didn't deserve to die, but won't say what he thinks happened; which means he knows what happened and this thread was some kind of attempt to rally against the police. You can see it in his original post, where he says "Cops shot my friend for no reason; they are sick, this is a peaceful small town, crime doesn't happen here, cause for a legitimate uprising."

But then we find out; they are both career criminals and the OP thinks he has some kind of "right" to run from the police, admits to running from the police previously and to also being a criminal who knows all of the cops in his area. His friend went from this innocent kid; to an Heroin dealer who was on parole from violating probation who also ran from his bondsman when he decided to not go to his first appearance.

Ya'll follow yet? This thread should be straight up deleted.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

google upper valley we aint technologically advanced. we get scraps of what the rest of america get lol which is fine keeps this kind of violence away

But not the drugs, apparently.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What police report? I just said the guy appeared to be a scumbag heroin dealer, which he was.

Your honor, it appears he used to be a scumbag, so we killed him.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: intrptr

When did I say that anyone was 'in the know?'

In fact, I've repeatedly noted that we still need the pertinent facts and can't take this post at face value.

And there is no "probably" when we don't have the facts.

No; that's exactly when there IS a probably, once you have the facts, it's a fact and no longer a question of probability.

Right now; we don't have all the facts, but we have all of the background and setup facts, in which paint a picture that it's probable the cop was justified.

I hate police, but when they aren't wrong, they aren't wrong, and when all of the information that's public right now is pointing to their probably not wrong, then we can say -- it's probably going to be ruled justified.

prob·a·ble
ˈpräbəb(ə)l/Submit
adjective
likely to be the case or to happen.

It's very probable that Jesse provoked the shooting by raising a credible or perceived threat to the officers chasing him.

It's less likely that a career criminal who's got a warrant out for his arrest at the time this happened and who chose to run out of paranoia, who then subsequently crashes his vehicle, tells his passenger to "Run" then proceeds to run away on foot, was shot unjustifiably. A man who has a history of burglary and drug dealing, who violated probation, then parole, and was on the street again, and obtained yet another warrant for his arrest for not appearing in court.

It doesn't mean it's impossible, however, and it's important to keep and open mind, but at the same time; ignorant to ignore the probability, given the facts that we DO know.

All the while an admitted liar is telling us that he's an angel and a good guy and that he himself does community service before admitting that he too was a criminal; is trying to say the police are lying, but he won't say about what, despite citing the "numerous witnesses to the scene."

He also admitted his friend had a knife on him. We quickly went from unarmed to armed in the blink of an eye.

So imagine that.

I'm not ever for police action; I've been on the negative side of police action numerous times in my life where the prosecution had to even acknowledge that I was completely innocent and the police wasted the courts time. I even tried to save a man from getting shot, by reporting a robbery, only to have the police shoot the intended victim, turns out the robbers didn't even have bullets, so calling the police made me responsible for the victim getting shot.

I don't like cops, I don't trust cops, I don't believe in cops, but I just cannot see how this is looking any other way. In this instance, it's extremely probable the cop didn't do anything wrong.
edit on 28-12-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join