It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don’t Jews Believe Jesus was a Messiah?? Dr. Brown vs. Rabbi Frietag

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Depends on who you ask...

If you ask Jews it is not the same god..

Christians and Muslims piggybacked on their preexisting religion to lend it credibility and in the process dropped all the primary tenants of Judaism.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

No i have been paying attention and the fact of the matter is that no religious text alludes to angelic beings, being anything other than a tool of god and/or messenger.

"Yet, you can't name one possibility."

That would be the singularity aka big bang that spawned the current iteration of space-time in which we exist and for that "matter" the same God/Gods if indeed they exist.

"We bring pain and suffering on ourselves and it doesn't just happen to prove "an imaginary point". The problem isn't that God is cold-hearted, but that man is. "

Nope, that's nature im afraid. Fact is that pain and suffering are part of life else how would you ever know happiness?
edit on 1-1-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

End of the day it all amounts to Sun worship and our own anthropomorphized versions of such.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Didn’t you just say “everything is through god”???

If everything is gods plan and he is omnipotent, then that means he is the one responsible for all the suffering as well.

You can’t have it both ways lol..

“All the good stuff is cause god loves us, but all the bad is our fault.. “

Lol..

Say I have a gun and just stand by and watch an unarmed rapist rape a child..

Since I absolutely could have stopped it, there is a very fair argument that I’m responsible.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I disagree..

I think it is and has always been the most brilliant form of “big brother” ever..

Convince everyone a magical being is always watching and you can control everyone. No cameras required..

Not to mention all those tax free donations..

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If it is gods plan we don’t have free will..

I get your point that one could know the future and not control it. However, that is not the whole story..

Christianity repeatedly claims it is all part of gods plan...

If god decided the fate of the world, then he would have to decide the dominos that would drop to achieve that plan.

If god is deciding what dominos drop, then we are not..

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Organised religious practice amounts to nothing more than control and they are all laced with such constructs.

All this, do that, or dont do this, or God will spank you for eternity in the next verse is rather a silly and stupid notion to entertain, especially if indeed he loves us unconditionally and only has the best of intentions towards us.

Religion is laughable really but none the less a very powerful force of Man-made control over our masses.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Not quite as boolean as that i imagine, but none the less rather eloquently put.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

According to Paul, paul had an encounter..

Just like according to Joseph Smith.. he had an encounter with Jesus too..

That is the danger of a living religion rather than a dead one..

Judaism isn’t expecting ANY additions to their bible.. what they have is all there will ever be. When their messiah comes , god will put Judaism in the hearts of EVERYONE, so at that point a Bible is irrelevant.

Christianity claims to be a living document. Meaning additions can still be made, which is why Christianities beliefs change every couple generations and why Mormonism and Islam came to be , in a way.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The most brilliantly designed big brother in human history..

And it truely is brilliant..

Without that concept, no amount of soldiers and spies could ever touch its “gains”.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Thing is through in the information age in which we live, our arcane notions of organized religious practice, are nothing more than a dead weight around our ankles and serves no other purpose than to keep us apart.

Time for a different paradigm to emerge else we are simply doomed to repeat our past historical transgressions down to our penchant for destruction and inability to learn from said mistakes.

edit on 1-1-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Didn’t you just say “everything is through god”???

No, that wasn't me.

If everything is gods plan and he is omnipotent, then that means he is the one responsible for all the suffering as well.

While God allows suffering, he isn't the cause of it.

Say I have a gun and just stand by and watch an unarmed rapist rape a child..

Since I absolutely could have stopped it, there is a very fair argument that I’m responsible.

If God intervened in every evil aspect of free will of another, then it wouldn't be free will.

God has the ability to heal those who have been effected by others' free will, if they choose.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

There quite possibly is no free will which is exactly the point in contention.

7mins of some rather interesting questions pertaining to free will posed by far greater minds than our own.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Time for a different paradigm to emerge else we are simply doomed to repeat our past historical transgressions down to our penchant for destruction and inability to learn from said mistakes.

That pretty much sums up our entire human history. That's why the Bible says that only God/Jesus can and will put an end to all.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This thread keeps reinforcing why I became an atheist. I don't understand religious people and frankly there are too many inconsistencies in the bible (archaeology keeps throwing up all kinds of awkward problems) for it to make sense.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What about ELEs and nukes those would also "put an end to all" would they not?

And yet no God or savior is a requirement for such.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Judaism isn’t expecting ANY additions to their bible.. what they have is all there will ever be. When their messiah comes , god will put Judaism in the hearts of EVERYONE, so at that point a Bible is irrelevant.

It's not "Judaism" that will be placed in everyone's heart. It's the truth of who their God is. While Judaism and Christianity are religions that try to explain who God is, and his plan for salvation, the truth will be placed in their hearts.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

What about ELEs and nukes those would also "put an end to all" would they not?

And yet no God or savior is a requirement for such.

During the great tribulation, such things will be used to wipe out large numbers of people, but there will also be natural acts of God that will happen too. God will step in to stop all from being destroyed and preserve it for the Millennial Kingdom that will exist for 1,000 years, then the final destruction will take place after that 1,000 years are over.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Christianity claims to be a living document. Meaning additions can still be made, which is why Christianities beliefs change every couple generations and why Mormonism and Islam came to be , in a way.

That's a crock. Biblical Christianity has made no such claim, and is in fact, against what we believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join