It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don’t Jews Believe Jesus was a Messiah?? Dr. Brown vs. Rabbi Frietag

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Deetermined

What about ELEs and nukes those would also "put an end to all" would they not?

And yet no God or savior is a requirement for such.

During the great tribulation, such things will be used to wipe out large numbers of people, but there will also be natural acts of God that will happen too. God will step in to stop all from being destroyed and preserve it for the Millennial Kingdom that will exist for 1,000 years, then the final destruction will take place after that 1,000 years are over.

So, genocide in other words? Answers like that really are reinforcing my atheism I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

But we have had 7000+ years already.

Gods late to the party methinks.

Maybe relativities got the omnipotence in check or rather stumped?

There will be no final destruction should we manage to get our act together as a race and address the larger questions and problems we face, but if indeed there is it won't be with a bang, but with a whimper.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Religion is laughable really but none the less a very powerful force of Man-made control over our masses.

LOL! You're the one who is laughable. The Bible tells us how corrupt our governments will become and the way God himself will deal with them. I doubt that's a way for our government to control the masses! Ha! Ha!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

So, genocide in other words? Answers like that really are reinforcing my atheism I'm afraid.

No, you are enforcing your atheism through your own stubbornness that won't hurt anyone but yourself, as it always does. Stamping your feet and personal protests don't get you anywhere with God, or with yourself in the long run.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Well if you cannot laugh at yourself then what can you do???

So what is it you find funny, the questions i pose that you fail to address or answer in any kind of meaningful manner or the fact that there is absolutely no evidence to suggest your savior ever existed other than Man made stories?

The government is indeed a problem, but what does it say on that one dollar bill?

It says "In God We Trust" and that should allude to whos behind said problem.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

yes....one part God says He will hold the ....not paraphrasing....hold the Goddamm bastards up by the nostrils in front of everybody.....

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

There will be no final destruction should we manage to get our act together as a race and address the larger questions and problems we face, but if indeed there is it won't be with a bang, but with a whimper.

LOL! Don't you think it's a little ironic that you mention 7,000 years as being a long time for God to act, yet you seem to think that after those 7,000 years that man has the ability to redeem itself from 7,000 years of past destruction?! You're funny!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

That's just recorded history or thereabouts.

Humans have been around for quite sometime before as archeological evidence suggests.

We don't need redemption, or if we do it's from ourselves.

Life is funny, sad, tragic, beautiful but in the grand scheme of things rather uneventful for the majority of what we perceive to be existence.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

That would be the singularity aka big bang that spawned the current iteration of space-time in which we exist and for that "matter" the same God/Gods if indeed they exist.

Sorry, but that's not an explanation. When you can tell me how one big bang was able to create a perfect pattern of life, renewal, restoration, and change of seasons, get back to me.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

We don't need redemption, or if we do it's from ourselves.

Hello! That's the story of the Bible in a nutshell and why we need to turn to our Creator to correct this mess!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

"Sorry, but that's not an explanation. When you can tell me how one big bang was able to create a perfect pattern of life"

Nothing perfect about the pattern, truth be told its rather chaotic hence our inability to behold or understand the underlying principles behind reality.

"renewal, restoration, and change of seasons, get back to me."

Sounds like nature mate, not much to get back to there as the world spins.

Change is inevitable.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

But by yourself not by God.

Why would we need to be redeemed by what amounts to an absentee patent at best and a genocidal megalomaniac with a massive inferiority complex towards its supposed choice creation at worst?

Think its God that needs our redemption and or forgiveness if truth be told.
edit on 1-1-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The 7,000 year thing has always amused me, given the fact that Bishop Ussher's estimate is now 350-odd years old and has been replaced with actual facts.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

That would be the singularity aka big bang that spawned the current iteration of space-time in which we exist and for that "matter" the same God/Gods if indeed they exist.

Sorry, but that's not an explanation. When you can tell me how one big bang was able to create a perfect pattern of life, renewal, restoration, and change of seasons, get back to me.

yes, to me it takes more faith in random organising ....than to believe God created it with sound.....His voice anyway
edit on 1-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I guess this needs to be posted....you'll like this

math

the math of it all

the probability of primordial soup creating life of any kind is one in 10 to the 41st power....trouble is......the known universe can't contain the number if it is written out in normal type size.......this means we can fit the number in the boundaries we see......if we use the type set at 4 angstroms tall....get a mental picture of that...

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

yes, and the human brains computing power is not able to be held in the known universe due to the superior optimization of the connections in the brain as far as distance is concerned.....meaning we can do it with todays tech....if we could optimize the connections functions as being multi tasking...each of the brains connections do at least 5 or 6 separate functions.......but that blows our minds to think of.

God is snickering right now....hear that??

dangling participle i know dammit

the entire family of Israel is our brothers....Jews are just three of the tribes, but it's true...Scripture tells us God holds them special....

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

“The living Bible...”

Of course Christians believe the Bible can have additions..

It was created by additions. The council of Nicea as a compilation of all the books that in circulation that they chose to include..

250+ books were cut down to 27 and those were ADDED TO the old testament..

If additions were literally against the base concept of Christianity, then the other Christian religions wouldn’t exist. Because it would be impossible for god to give the Mormons a new book. The story was already told..

That’s why almost no Jews converted.. because they think there will be no new additions

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

That wasn't Nicaea

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Fair enough..

Doesn’t change the point..

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

That’s not true...

If that were the case mathematicians and scientists would all be religious..

I’m willing to bet that is one CHRISTIAN mathmaticuans assumption..

We don’t even know the trigger for life, let alone have the ability to compute how likely that event is on a universal scale..

That is just ridiculous..

Also I bet the “computing power of the brain part bigger than the universe..” likely means for the human race to replicate it on at the scale that was available at the time..

Meaning if a 1970s computer had the power of the brain , it would be as big as the observable universe..

Also modern science only refers to the OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE... meaning we have no idea how big it actually is.. making all calculations like that meaningless....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join