It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well...It Finally Happened!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Okay...jeezus...yes, the 'photograph' of Melania Trump is real. My only point was about the hat...and no, I couldn't tell you the first thing about what goes on with instafame, SnapME, Fail-Book or any other social networking site.

Including twit-er.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I couldn't tell you the first thing about what goes on with instafame, SnapME, Fail-Book or any other social networking site.

You do realize that this is a social media site and you have shared some rather personal information on here, right?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Fair enough. I was just worried you thought the entire pic was faked for some nefarious reason. We're on the same page now.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Now, now, TCKL...let's not go there!

You know as well as I do that all these trends exist on virtually every continent...and some will probably even visit LA with the express intent of visiting just this museum!!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Only reason I have ever done a selfie was for family/friends that had not actually seen me in years (decades in some cases) especially towards the end of my mom's life so she could see what I was doing and still feel a part of my life.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Heh...touche', AM! LOL!

I figured if anyone came back with that it would likely be you.

You're painting with a pretty broad brush now (which you could also accuse me of I guess). I do draw a distinction between the two types of websites, but to go there would go way, way, off topic. So rather than go there, I'll just give you the point.

Circle gets the square.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have but one question...
Will there be a special place for these idiots that take selfies wild animals?

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Eshel
What's more disturbing to me is that people are so quick to dismiss an entire generation so quickly.

Flibildy floo! Selfie schmelfie. When I was your age we didn't have no selfies. We had self portraits. You had to sit still for ages while a painter painted your picture. Your collar was all scratchy and it made you miserable. The paint fumes would make you damn near pass out and your mom would hit you with a stick if you moved. But we liked it. We loved it!

[/quote
I used silly putty for selfies when I was a kid.

link   

And here's the thing, I don't judge you for it. People need outlets. Whether it's coming here to post about things close to them or going to some museum such as in the Original Post which I personally wouldn't attend. To each there own and live and let live.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fair enough. I get your point ...

Circle can't get two squares though!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Not trying to score points, just saying I don't judge and that it takes all types.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Honestly if ATS is a microcosm of the USA it will not be sorely missed. ATS like the USA as like any Empire slowly rots from within.

Even Rome burned. If "god" looked for a moral Noah to save in an ark probably you could build a big enough ark in your backyard to house 100 odd righteous or moral people.

The rot festers, but like the frog it doesn't know when to jump from the slowly heating pot.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Didn't you ever use a photo booth with your friends?

That was a really fun thing to do in the old days-when they had arcades and you could get prizes like Dave and Busters.

It's no different. A picture with friends is a picture. It's just fun and cell phones just make it more convenient.

I've never taken a selfie-don't use a cell phone after too many years as a slave to it in real estate but I'd have my pic taken on the Iron Throne!!
edit on 27-12-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I hope you don't give Sunday morning sermons. I'd shoot myself afterwards. You really hate us-or is that envy?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

envy? American exceptionalism yet again...your own words betray you.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have spent my life in appreciation of art. From precious antique pieces by some of the great masters to the pattern of a spider web sparkling with dew. I have been very lucky.
It has been my experience that art is something that moves you emotionally. That if only for a brief moment makes you hold your breath.
That has happened looking at the faces of my children but never looking at my own lol.
But art is personal. I loved the color juxtaposition of a Picaso but it was a painting of a little girl in a garden by Pierre-Auguste Renior that stopped my heart.
A sculpture of a maiden in a diaphanous gown carved in glistening white marble( you know that sparkle?) kept me in the sculpture hall in the fine art museum in Richmond for fifteen minutes with a six year old tugging at my hand and then there's this painting of a priest from the Spanish inquisition that hangs in the Chrysler Museum in Norfolk who haunts me when I'm in that gallery. He watches you...where ever you stand.
So I know the appeal of art on a personal level.

To this new museum... I say...
You do you boo....
edit on 12272017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I've learned to read between the lines-in your case the lines of intense dislike of Americans. I am patriotic-and we Americans are exceptional. Sorry, you have such hate for your obvious superiors.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Art is art..and this is a form of art, just let people get on with it. For those who do the really dangerous stuff, that I think is foolish, I also dare to say some art is simply not my cup of tea without making any rules...there are no rules.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

while i agree with you(imagine that) that this museum is pretty stupid to that i say so what.
i am sure some people will love this.
there are museums for everything. awesome and stupid with everything in between

en.wikipedia.org...:Types_of_museum

ceramics museum
dime museum
hair museum
open air museum

just to name a few.

personally i like the medical and oddity type.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Circle gets the square.

Should I pride myself on getting this reference?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join