It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well...It Finally Happened!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Melania Trump posted it from her official twitter... She has been getting critisized by the snowflakes for posing this way.

twitter.com...

Leonardo DaVinci maybe the best selfie ever..

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Seems to me that "art" is a subjective matter. Just because someone else doesn't like it, doesn't mean it's disqualified as art. I've seen some "interesting" performance art and have a hard time knowing how people enjoy it. But it's just their thing.

What's more disturbing to me is that people are so quick to dismiss an entire generation so quickly.

Can't speak to who took the picture, but I can tell you it's not a real picture! The hat is photoshopped. Look closely, you'll see.

and please, tell me this was a joke. please.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I disagree. A lot of People died while making selfies.

A lot of people died walking on high wires without a net or jumping off bridges with giant rubber bands. Not seeing the corollary.

This whole making a selfie thing spawned a new movement where people try to outselfie themselves by making it more and more dangerous. A selfie in front of an incoming train for instances.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
This whole making a selfie thing spawned a new movement where people try to outselfie themselves by making it more and more dangerous. A selfie in front of an incoming train for instances.

The Original Post is about a museum where you pose with the art, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that a moving train is not one of the installations patrons would be posing with.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hey, what does jumping off giant buildings or bridges made of giant rubber bands and wire, while high, have to do with anything???

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Hey, what does jumping off giant buildings or bridges made of giant rubber bands and wire, while high, have to do with anything???

I am sure they'd take a selfie on their way down and post it on twitter.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel
What's more disturbing to me is that people are so quick to dismiss an entire generation so quickly.

Flibildy floo! Selfie schmelfie. When I was your age we didn't have no selfies. We had self portraits. You had to sit still for ages while a painter painted your picture. Your collar was all scratchy and it made you miserable. The paint fumes would make you damn near pass out and your mom would hit you with a stick if you moved. But we liked it. We loved it!

edit on 27-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁️ 💓 🧀 🍕

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Same thing as taking one with a train in relation to the Original Post.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You forgot...

...and had to walk 20 miles through 4 feet of snow, uphill both ways, to school...in barefeet. AND, we kept a hot potato in our pocket to keep our hands from freezing...and that was our lunch too!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The absolute hatred of Millennials and anything we do is a pandemic it seems.

What’s so good about your generation, exactly?

Is it the obedience towards, and acceptance of, the warmongers you gave us, perhaps?
Or maybe it was your ignorance of, and lack of action against, the oligarchal takeover?

But yeah, them Millennials taking pictures of themselves...
That’s the sure sign of a downslide in humanity.

Maybe you could tell us all the difference between a selfie and standing for a photo in a traditional sense...
Aside from the photographer, I’m at a loss.

Sad.
edit on 27-12-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Damn Millennial autocorrect.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Actually, no, it's not a joke at all.

If you look carefully, or blow the picture up, you will clearly see the hat is photoshopped on her head. Just look at the way her hair comes out of the side of the had on the left above the bottom edge of the hat. Do you know any hats that do that??

She's a beautiful lady, but the hat in the picture is not real.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I don't think the narcissistic millennials have anything over their baby boomer parents when it comes to narcissism.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It’s called Snapchat.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Maybe you could tell us all the difference between a selfie and standing for a photo in a traditional sense... Aside from the photographer, I’m at a loss.

Standing for a portrait is job creation to pay a starving artist.

Taking a selfie is job destruction and supporting slave labor in China with their smart phones.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Every photograph ever was taken by an artist being paid?

So you’ve never posed for a photo taken by a friend or relative in your entire life?

Stop talking bollocks.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Every photograph ever was taken by an artist being paid?

Artist/Photographer.

People DO make a living off it.

That is until the selfie.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well, you pose an interesting question actually, one which has either a really easy answer or a considerably more difficult one.

What’s so good about your generation, exactly?

You see that's just it, I don't know that I belong to any "generation" at all, and if I do I have no idea what it is. So, I'm not sure I can answer your question other than to say I don't identify with a generation. That some people absolutely do identify (cling to, in some cases) a moniker for their generation is troubling.

Is it the obedience towards, and acceptance of, the warmongers you gave us, perhaps?
Or maybe it was your ignorance of, and lack of action against, the oligarchal takeover?

And, you see, this part is especially rich...this so called 'Millennial' generation isn't even all that original. You could insert the words of your questions, word for word, into the mouth of virtually any protester in the 60's. And you know what, all those flower-children of the 60's eventually had to say goodbye to the communes, clean up their acts and get jobs just like the rest of us. The only difference? One word..."Man". Yep, "man". Whereas today Millennials have a 'look at me' mentality, the only difference in the 60's was 'look at me, man'

So yeah, I totally agree...it is "sad"

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You do have an understanding of "filters" correct?
I assure you the photo is real.

but I can tell you it's not a real picture!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A comment from the link

TecheSavy:
The museum of selfies, the museum of ice-cream and the museum of happiness..and if you can picture it in your minds eye...all the while illegals are using the streets and alleys in the area as their toilet. It just sounds so appealing.

America Exceptionalism.

Its not only millennials; the whole country is a cesspit.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So because you do not “identify” (whatever that means) with your particular generation, you’re somehow immune to the valid criticisms of the failings of said group...

That’s very clever. & very convenient.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join