It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well...It Finally Happened!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
kind of a digital self portrait in a a way though if you think about it

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
What about the people who take selfies of their diseased body parts and post them on FaceSpace? I don't do those sites but I've been shown stuff that I can't unsee. My mind just screams: WHY
Do they really have nothing else to do with their lives?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Wow!!! Get a bottle of Champagne, or some really nice tea (I don't care)!!...

For once we agree!!!

WOO-HOOOOO!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingclaydiskLOL I actually agree with you more than you know, I just don't always post. (I'm thinking we are close in age)

I am also not a big fbook, insta, all that crap person. If I want to talk to you, or tell you what is going on in my life, I will call you on the phone.
@DD. NO. Just NO. People who that have issues I don't even want to get into. LOL

edit on 29-12-2017 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
It is the people, and I know a few unfortunately, that take the selfie, sometimes several a day, and post it on sites for everyone to see. Every day.

Who wouldn't think your narcissistic for doing that?

Does it make you voyeuristic for looking?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
LOL No, it is actually one of the reasons I don't visit FB but maybe once a month now. I don't need to see those pics on my page.

I choose the old fashion "looking through the neighbors window" for my voyeurism. Realism is important to me.

LMAO

(No, I don't really do that)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Hey...I do!!!

LOL!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

LOL No, it is actually one of the reasons I don't visit FB but maybe once a month now. I don't need to see those pics on my page.

But you did at one point, enough to 'know a few unfortunately, that take the selfie, sometimes several a day, and post it on sites for everyone to see. Every day.'. Noone forces anyone to join Facebook or compel them to view these people's posts daily. It seems to be a common refrain, 'All the do is post selfies!' but how do the confessed non-social media users know this and why is them viewing those posts any better or worse than the person posting them?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guardian10
a reply to: CreationBro

Everyone has free will, therefore, a choice. No one is pointing a gun at their head telling them how to behave. That's all on them, as it is on each individual.

If people choose to be mindless twits, that's on them and them alone.

Define mindless twit. According to the OP topic, its about millenials taking self shot pictures.

Im a millenial. Ive taken a selfie.

Does that make me a mindleas twit in your mind?

Furthermore, i firmly believe you'd be shocked about how human autonomy is regularly influenced and encroached upon.
edit on 1-1-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: CreationBro

For the record, I never used, nor do I think anyone else did, the word "scum" in anything I've written.

Those are perhaps your words, but not mine.

Let's be clear about that.

I'm not big on words being placed in my mouth; I work pretty hard articulating, into text, my thoughts.

Ok. Lets be clear then.

You claimed millenials who take selfies, disregarding other age groups who have taken selfies, are narcissitic. Narcissim, in the society you reside, is generally negative in connotation, correct?

Are you entirely selfless, with no self interest? Does taking selfies constitute excessive self interest?

And why is it only millenials, who take selfies, to be caled narcistic? Surely there are older folks who have taken a selfie or two.

edit on 1-1-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
No, this is a conspiracy site, wherein people use screen names, as opposed to their actual names, and don't tend to post pics of themselves, either. Not the same at all as a social media site.

It also has an entire sub-forum of off topic subjects which the Original Poster conceded he shares some rather personal matter in regularly.

Regardless, not a social media site.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

BTS is very much a social media site, that's the whole point of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

My parents said the same thing about Alice Cooper and Deep Purple and Emerson Lake and Palmer. The world turns.

Your parents said that musicians were taking selfies??

That makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

BTS is very much a social media site, that's the whole point of it.

Did you mean "ATS"?? No, the point is discussion, not "look what I did today" as we see on social media. Or, as we would see if we bothered with it, which I don't.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Did you mean "ATS"?? No, the point is discussion, not "look what I did today" as we see on social media. Or, as we would see if we bothered with it, which I don't.

For us that have been here awhile the Off Topic section = BTS, and there are plenty of 'look what I did today' type threads there. That's the whole point of those forums.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join