It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well...It Finally Happened!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Would some of you believe me when i stated that i never made a selfie in my entire life? The whole sharing everything of your private life with strangers part is completely eluding me. I will probably never understand the appeal of it.

I took one, because I needed a current pic of me, and the hubby was deployed, and couldn't take one, I didn't want to pay a professional, and the kids couldn't take a decent pic at the time. Just a photo, though, nothing weird, or silly. Certainly no stupid fish lips, or whatever that is people do so often!

Never understood the appeal, either, of people posting all they do online, all they think, all they feel. It's like they all want to have their own reality show or something. Gack! I'd rather no one but family, and not all of them, and a few good friends, even knew where to locate me!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I couldn't tell you the first thing about what goes on with instafame, SnapME, Fail-Book or any other social networking site.

You do realize that this is a social media site and you have shared some rather personal information on here, right?

No, this is a conspiracy site, wherein people use screen names, as opposed to their actual names, and don't tend to post pics of themselves, either. Not the same at all as a social media site.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
No, this is a conspiracy site, wherein people use screen names, as opposed to their actual names, and don't tend to post pics of themselves, either. Not the same at all as a social media site.

It also has an entire sub-forum of off topic subjects which the Original Poster conceded he shares some rather personal matter in regularly.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wow...this thread really struck a serious nerve with you, didn't it?

Okay...you want me to admit I'm a hypocrite, is that it? You want me to type out an exhaustive delineation between Fail-Book and ATS, and why they're completely different? Is that it?

Or...is it that you want me to never again post what you term as "personal" information (which I would heartily debate) on ATS again?

The OP was about a "selfie museum". I posted the story. I subsequently posted some opinion about it. I stand by that opinion. And, just to be clear, I think it's laughable. You don't share that opinion. Fine. You're entitled to your own opinion. You've tried 16 different ways from Sunday to point out why this opinion is hypocritical, and to justify your angle. I will give you one single example...find a selfie of me here on ATS. For that matter, find a selfie of ME anywhere on the Internet (better bring a lunch, cuz you're gonna' be a while). Case closed.

ATS is not like Fail-Book, or Insta-whatever. And, last time I checked, no body was contemplating an ATS museum.

So, I'm not sure what your bent is here (well, I have an opinion), but don't worry...I won't be a threat to your FB or IG kingdom (which is seemingly pretty damned important to you).

Wow!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Quit the martyrdom complex, it's unseemly.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I wish I could figure out a way to capture the WTF? face I just made when I read that...

...but that would be a selfie!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Take a look at what the poster I was replying to claimed and what you already conceded.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Mine too. Vincent had a pretty good one too.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

No fun allowed anymore.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I went to a museum in Canada once that was exclusively vessels that people tried to ride down Niagra Falls. It wasn't too big but it was interesting. I saw my first hologram in the same area. Cool vacay.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I got it too.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Me too. When I go into a store that has a video of people coming and going I move out of range.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

My parents said the same thing about Alice Cooper and Deep Purple and Emerson Lake and Palmer. The world turns.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The point I was making is that there is very little difference between the Baby Boomers and the Millennials. And yet the Boomers are completely oblivious to this fact while being the most vocal against Millennials.

Every generation doesn't understand the generation that comes after it and as a result they mock it. Millennials are no different than the Boomers, or Generation X, or the Beats. The only thing that has changed is you.

Yes, a Selfie Museum may seem ridiculous. But is it anymore ridiculous than Beanie Babies, Pogs, or Pet Rocks?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
Nah, we Boomers are the ones who paid for the basements in which the Millennials are living. We moved out of our parents' house as soon as possible---yeah, some of us even went to communes---where we worked and pulled our fair share. Our parents didn't pay for our insurance, our housing or anything else because we wanted to be independent!

The only thing that has changed is you.

Now THAT made me LOL! You bet the Boomers have changed---we've had to adapt because we weren't born into a world of computers and instant communication. Change is part of life---our parents had to adjust to motor cars instead of horses---it's certain members of the current generation that seems to think that nothing should ever change---that they should be allowed to sponge off their parents and grandparents for their entire lives! They somehow (I suspect the education system) got the idea that we Boomers should pay for their poor life-choices.

I see this in my own family---the Millennials with their hands out for more stuff vs. the Millennials who have a clue, a job and goals in life. It is quite sad.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Do you really think Millennials don't want to be independent? The world the Boomers left them with doesn't really allow that though. Thanks to the actions of the Boomers the cost of pretty much everything has skyrocketed while income has stagnated.

The Boomers could get by paying for school working less than 20 hours a week. Millennials have to work 80. Boomers could buy a house making minimum wage. Millennials can't even rent a shoebox apartment.

So stop acting like the Boomers and the Millennials have been dealt the same deck. The Boomers grew up in a world where they were given every opportunity. The Millennials don't have that luxury. And yet they still have the same self-confidence of the Boomers even if they don't have the and optimism.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If it wasn't so sad and disturbing, this would be comical.

Excuses, excuses, excuses, Millennials are great at them! "Whaaaa, I got shafted...ME, ME, ME!! Lemme' take a selfie and put it in a museum so you can see how repressed and ripped-off I am (frowny face)." It's always someone else's fault when it comes to ME (taking another selfie to show my angst face)!!! Is personal responsibility lost forever???? I fear so.

Now this might be news to you, but no Boomers bought houses on "minimum wage". Maybe in the Bush era Sub-Prime market they did, but before that AND those were Millennials, not Boomers (need I remind you).

edit on 12/28/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So it's the Millennials we are supposed to hate now? Just as I was getting comfortable with hating Mexicans you go and change it.

America has become such a sad country, Defined by the people we hate.

Remember "freedom Fries" those were the days....
edit on 28-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

LOL!! I have to admit, you got a belly laugh out of me for that one!

Touche' I guess. Isn't everyone though?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What excuses? Your generation spent tons of money on buying a rock. Do you really want to insult the intelligence of Millennials?

But feel free to ignore the fact that the actions of your generation crashed the housing market twice and caused income to stagnate twice. And let's not forget that you've also spent the spent the Millennials social security (but God forbid you don't get yours.) But hey, we have to coddle the Me Generation. They never actually accomplished anything and are completely dependent on the success of their parents and children.

It's weird. The Beats and Gen X had a very cynical attitude. The Boomers were optimistic. The Millennials probably have the most reason to be cynical but they project a optimistic attitude and it brings them derision.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join