It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Moonrise rotation check

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The moon did rotate back lol

Discussing the moon rotating

Now it's back like it used to be...What!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken

As explained, it's field rotation:

Field rotation can also be observed with the rest of the sky, such as the way (as seen from most of the Northern hemisphere) that the Constellation of Orion seems to raise it the east "shield up", but it sets in the west "shield down", as shown in the series of stellarium images below:

Rising:

At its Zenith:

Setting:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

hey thanks for your reply!

but your explanation involves setting..

the thread is only about moon rising!, you are off track.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken

hey thanks for your reply!

but your explanation involves setting..

the thread is only about moon rising!, you are off track.

It's field rotation regardless of whether the moon is rising or setting. It's a consequence of viewing the moon from a non-polar aligned perspective.
dropcanvas.com...
If you read Soylent's comment and view his images you'll see an example of field rotation on the apparent orientation of Orion both rising and setting. The effect is even more extreme at my latitude here in Florida.
edit on 4-1-2018 by RTLSLZ1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RTLSLZ1

hello!

I understood what you are saying but it's completely different..the moon rotated right from rising..till it's highest point it already completed a revolution

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

hello!

I understood what you are saying but it's completely different..the moon rotated right from rising..till it's highest point it already completed a revolution

What I'm telling you is that that is normal; field rotation WILL cause it to rotate right from rising.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

hello!

Can you explain the astronomical reason for the Moon doing this (rotating 360 degrees between rising and its zenith), and then describe what type of alternate-Mandela-universe in which that astronomical effect would exist?

Let me help...For this to happen, either the Moon or the Earth would be tumbling "head over heals". So are you saying that you remember a universe in which solar system bodies did this (i.e., not spin around its North-South axis, but instaed roll like a ball along an axis that goes somewhere though its equator)?

(BTW, Uranus does something like this [unlike the other planets and major moons, Uranus' axis of rotation is more parallel to the Sun's ecliptic than it is perpendicular], but it is considered an exception).

edit on 5/1/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Do you never get a headache from banging your head against this brick wall?

I think I can safely conclude, having looked at this poster's previous posts, that he is just a wind-up merchant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join