It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Moonrise rotation check

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

hey btw phage since u brought up the world is round thing..why we can see the sicilian coast from malta which is 60 miles away?

You know for me it is quite obvious it can be done..i know about this since childhood..what i didnt know about is the earth curvature calculator...which says it cant be done

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: heineken

It does "rotate" during the whole transit. Gradually.

But it doesn't actually rotate. Look at the Moonrise image. See that dark area at about the 2:30 position of the Moon? That's Mare Crisium. If you draw a line on the Moon's path from horizon to horizon Mare Crisium will stay at that same position relative to that path. Because the world is round.

for what im referring to there is no need to draw lines lol..i posted an illustration of what i mean..lemme post it again for ya

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

why we can see the sicilian coast from malta which is 60 miles away?

2 reasons. The camera is at an elevated position and the land you are seeing elevated.

for what im referring to there is no need to draw lines lol..i posted an illustration of what i mean..lemme post it again for ya

I saw it. You are showing too much rotation in too short an arc. I said gradual.

Mare Crisium will stay at that same position relative to that path.

edit on 12/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
yes maybe it true..

still to see etna so clear form 130 miles is a bit suspicious

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
this is the 'coolest' of all

edit on 16-12-2017 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
this as seen from tree level

edit on 16-12-2017 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I would HIGHLY recommend you get back on topic.

Flat Earth isn't your thread's topic, and if it is, the thread will be moved to where Flat Earth threads are moved to.

Not posting as a mod, just some friendly advice as a member.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

yes true !

multi threading , so it cant be done in _javascript and here

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
let me correct myself about _javascript and multi threading..._javascript running outside of the browser environment has no issues with multi threading..also in the browser you can have the browser doing multi threading for you using web workers..which though are a bit advanced to use since you have to reserve size in bytes + you cannot pass and retrieve objects.

dont want for 1 sec to give a bad reputation to such a beautiful language

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
now back on thread and topic...

i was hoping that someone will remember what i remember about the moon..apparently it was doing this 'early' rotation thing and now can't find evidence of..the videos i posted and all the others out there are nothing a like..it looks like a mandela effect if more can remember this

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
hello !

Does anybody recalls the moon rotating it's face rising and setting ?

Yes, and it makes total logical sense that its orientation would appear to rotate to people viewing it from most mid-to-low latitudes on Earth.

Here's a rough illustration of the moon's orientation as the earth moves under it from Moonrise to Moonset:

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
And, by the way, it isn't just the Moon that has this "apparent" rotation of orientation that can be observed as the earth moves under the sky (as in my post abpove). The entire sky follows this same apparent rotation.

Let's look at a Stellarium representation of the Orion Constellation rising in the east around this time of the year (mid-December) as seen from my part of the world at approximately 41 degrees North Latitude:

Here it is later on that same night when it is in the southern sky. As we can see, its orientation has appeared to rotate as seen from Earth:

Here is Orion again later that same night when it is about to set in the West. Its orientation relative to me has again has appeared to rotate:

That's not unusual -- it's just the way the sky works as seen from Earth as the Earth rotates under it during the night.

edit on 17/12/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

This GIF represents the lunar libration over the course of one month. You can see it's rotational wobble very clearly.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

The OP seems to be talking about the nightly "rotation" relative to the horizon.

The odd thing is, he seems to think it doesn't happen anymore. Due to the Mandela effect. Thing is, for that to happen it would mean the Moon was rotating about its equator (as well as its actual rotational axis). That is problematic.

edit on 12/17/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

why are you :

, not looking for any explanations

??

if you actually attempt to explain HOW the visible face of teh moon would " rotate " as it rose

it SHOULD quickly lead to the realisation - that your memories are errant

YMMV
edit on 17-12-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Actually, his memory is quite correct. The Moon does "rotate" relative to the horizon as it moves from rise to set.

The OP is saying that it doesn't do that anymore. See my post above.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
hello !

Does anybody recalls the moon rotating it's face rising and setting ?

The funny thing is I'm struggling to find any evidence of this...while I'm pretty sure the moon rotates it's face transiting our horizon.

- No rotation

- No rotation

- No rotation

- No rotation

What i'm looking for is something like this :

If this aint happening..or never happened it can be a good candidate for the mandela effect cat...if im missing something sorry !!

Field rotation is highly dependent on the date and time as well as the observer's location.
dropcanvas.com...
So yes, it can appear a wide variety of ways depending on where you are and what the date is.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I was hearing demons talking around at home. So i went for a drive. The gas was getting sucked quickly out of my new gas tank. I heard a demon next to me say my cig was burning it. The gas meter was going down quick. As the moon came into view it started growing larger as if it were approaching earth. As i passed a stop sign and turned it rerurned to its original size then again started getting bigger. I was completely sober. At a stoplight my engine started sounding as if it were being externally choked.
My main point is the moon grew super huge then by my travels possibly through dimensional rubber band effects i was shown this possibility.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
I was hearing demons talking around at home. So i went for a drive. The gas was getting sucked quickly out of my new gas tank. I heard a demon next to me say my cig was burning it. The gas meter was going down quick. As the moon came into view it started growing larger as if it were approaching earth. As i passed a stop sign and turned it rerurned to its original size then again started getting bigger. I was completely sober. At a stoplight my engine started sounding as if it were being externally choked.
My main point is the moon grew super huge then by my travels possibly through dimensional rubber band effects i was shown this possibility.

OR, and this is just a theory, it could have been psychosis.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Actually, his memory is quite correct. The Moon does "rotate" relative to the horizon as it moves from rise to set.

The OP is saying that it doesn't do that anymore. See my post above.

Its really hard to convince people that their delusions arent real. It has always confounded me a bit how some people couldnt understand or come to an agreement on basic concepts.

That is until I realized people who are in their "sickness" wont concede to anything that doesnt confirm their psychopathy

<< 1    3 >>

join