It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Moonrise rotation check

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
hello !

Does anybody recalls the moon rotating it's face rising and setting ?

The funny thing is I'm struggling to find any evidence of this...while I'm pretty sure the moon rotates it's face transiting our horizon.

- No rotation

- No rotation

- No rotation

- No rotation

What i'm looking for is something like this :

If this aint happening..or never happened it can be a good candidate for the mandela effect cat...if im missing something sorry !!

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken
Erm we are on a globe ie its circular so depending on where you are the view will differ........Nae Mandela effect but a poor lack of physics effect!

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Not referring to you specifically, I’m sure your question has an answer...

But how much Hubris is required to believe your memory is right and the whole world has changed?!?!

Lol

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

No hubris t all lol, in fact im looking for those remembering the same

I watched the moon rising from my office window many times ..and yes it did rotate its face transiting the horizon. I guess i have to wait for the right timing because right now its rising around 6am..not office time at all lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

lack of physics effect...

you know nothing about me stop making assumptions.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
hello !

Does anybody recalls the moon rotating it's face rising and setting ?

The funny thing is I'm struggling to find any evidence of this...while I'm pretty sure the moon rotates it's face transiting our horizon.

- No rotation

What i'm looking for is something like this :

If this aint happening..or never happened it can be a good candidate for the mandela effect cat...if im missing something sorry !!

In that picture, the moon doesn't just rotate it flips pixels horizontally in longitude while latitude remains the same. To the best of my knowledge, I've never seen the moon do that.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

what do you mean by flipping pixels ? you have any diagram explaining this?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The two half moons are just mirror images of each other, so the person who made that image "flipped their pixels", ie. the pixels appear in opposite order.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
that doesnt happen and has never happened, because its an scientific impossibility

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
can't believe this

checked stellarium which was always precise about this..

no rotation

there must be more like me remembering the moon rotating the 'rabbit' going up in the sky

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
can't believe this

checked stellarium which was always precise about this..

no rotation

there must be more like me remembering the moon rotating the 'rabbit' going up in the sky

Or , like all Mandela effects, you remember it wrong, processed the data wrong or some other logical explanation..

Nah, the Moon stopped rotating that sounds more likely...

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

hey just dont worry about it!

as i said im only looking for someone else who remember this
, not looking for any explanations

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just trying to make sure I understand what you are saying here:

You're saying the moon rotates in either a clockwise or counter clockwise motion, but in such a way that it's N. Pole or S. Pole is facing us always? Like Uranus, which is on it's side?

If the Moon rotated like that, we would see the far side of it during it's orbit about the Earth.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
something very strange is going on...

clockwise or counter clockwise motion

it was clockwise

we would see the far side of it

it always kept the same face

the picture above is what i am referring to.

pls refrain from giving explanations..or accusing of false memory..im not after that. For the past year the moon was rotating like this going up...i want to check if there are any who can recall this too. If not..then it is something happening to me only, it is my problem to solve.

edit on 16-12-2017 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

pls refrain from giving explanations..or accusing of false memory..im not after that.

You seem to have forgot that this is what we call a “discussion forum”. I know, the concept is kind of new, much like electricity or running water, but I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it.

As for your OP? It never rotated like you think it did. It wobbles, but not rotates.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

about the discussion forum thing ..i agree i should not have said that..

about you not recalling the moon rotating...honestly i feel kind of good u dont..with all respect ..dont get offended

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I'm afraid that it's physically impossible for the Moon to do that.

You see, in order for one side to always face us, it must rotate along a North/South axis (about 90 degrees to the solar plane) while it orbits the Earth. It's rotational speed is such so that it completes one rotation for every orbit it does around the Earth.

If it rotated like you've shown in your images, then we would see the far side from Earth as it orbits the Earth.

You can see this using a golf ball or ping-pong ball. Use a marker and place a dot on it to represent the face of the moon we always see, then use your fist as the Earth and move the small ball around it, always keeping the dot facing your fist.

It's impossible for a spherical object to have more than one axis of rotation.

ETA: Now it's orientation can appear to change as it travels across the night sky, but in reality it's not really it's orientation that is change, but it's yours as the Earth rotates, so that the part of the moon that looks like the top when it rises in the east, becomes it's bottom when it sets in the west.

edit on 12/16/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
From your 2nd video:

"Rotation". Not actually rotation, but apparent rotation.

edit on 12/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

close but not..already seen that till the end

what i mean is rotating from the beginning..or better during all transit

edit on 16-12-2017 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It does "rotate" during the whole transit. Gradually.

But it doesn't actually rotate. Look at the Moonrise image. See that dark area at about the 2:30 position of the Moon? That's Mare Crisium. If you draw a line on the Moon's path from horizon to horizon Mare Crisium will stay at that same position relative to that path. Because the world is round.
edit on 12/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join