It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Culture under attack: Harvard dis-embowls Fraterities and Sororities.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
So you think the US is not under an attack with soft targets?? There is a very creeping effort on a few different fronts to dis-mantle Certain parts of the very fabric of American culture. I wonder after seeing the effects of this decision how many other Colleges will jump on this wagon. Here's the rub...

In a private meeting on Monday, the university’s governing board voted to approve a May 2016 rule saying students who join single-gender clubs are forbidden from leading campus groups or serving as captains of sports teams. The rule also says the university, based in Cambridge, won’t back those students for major scholarships.

Im watching my Country slowly bend down on its knees. They're not all bad clubs and provide a network and support for years after. So the boy scouts aren't the boy scouts the girl scouts aren't the girl scouts Male isn't male and female isn't female anymore I think the next few generations are going to be lost after abandoning natural & societal order Established From the beginning of when MAN ( meaning men and women) first started gathering into groups from before the flood of Noahs time.

I'm watching the fall of established order. Shaking my head in disbelief.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

In a private meeting on Monday, the university’s governing board voted to approve a May 2016 rule saying students who join single-gender clubs are forbidden from leading campus groups or serving as captains of sports teams

What a crackup.

Can't be captain of the sports team?

Whats next, girls on the football team?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

umm you might be alone in this one dude.
I'm pretty sure that most of us agreed that fraternities were wrong back during bush jr time as potus.
edit on 6-12-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Which is exactly part of the reason the IFC there needs to get together with the other councils and figure out how how to counter this. Such as no events on campus to help the school for recognition in the community etc. No philanthropic events associated with the school name.

We dealt with this crap when I was in school too. of course as soon as o graduated we got a friendly Dean to fraternities and sororities.

People don't realize how much Greek orgs do on campus

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I don't remember agreeing to that.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
What's the saying ... if a million people say a stupid thing is it still a stupid thing? ... YES. Frats & Sororities have a long history they serve a purpose & we only see them when they make the news,

but historically a benefit to many of those who join.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I don't remember agreeing to that.

TheRedneck

If this thread gets enough views you will hear from the ats old timers about the "virtues" of fraternities like yale's skull and bones.
Personally I could care less about fraternities one way or another.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Ok, I'm from the UK and have no idea how fraternities work so, could you explain to me why they are bad?

It seems to me that they're basically just clubs of sorts.

If I start a club and people want to join me (basically just a group of people with similar interests or whatever) and I want to set some rules about that club then I should be entitled to no?

Why should male only clubs have to accept females or vice versa? Why can't we have groups based on gender (as just one example)?

Why does everyone have to have access to everything all the time? What if women want a space free from men or men a space free from women?

Actually, there are already women only spaces and for some reason that's acceptable. However, male only spaces are constantly criticised and have been forced to accept women.

I just don't understand how governments or other institutions can justify forcing private clubs to accept whomever they choose.

I may be totally off-base here as I have very little understanding of fraternities etc, but the whole notion of private clubs being dictated to by outside agencies doesn't sit right with me...
edit on 6-12-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

Just do an ats search of fraternities and read for yourself.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Been here since 2007. And how does someone else saying something obligated me to having agreed to it?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Wow, thanks

I was really only interested in why everyone (you) might think they are 'wrong'.

Ok so, I did the ATS search and basically they're 'wrong' because "illuminati"? Is that about It?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The goal is to take down freedom of assembly. These groups have existed in one form or another since man was dragging knuckles on the ground (OK, maybe some of us still do, but you get the idea). They have their issues, but so does any group of people.

Freedom of assembly means one may freely assemble with like-minded people. The like-minded part is assumed, because who wants to assemble with those one disagrees with? So by making sure that every assembly, every group, every organization is open to every one, none meet the real definition of freedom of assembly. There can be no protests, no resistance to tyranny, no sharing of information, because there will be no groups to do so that are not pulled apart by internal dissension.

I saw the beginnings of this way back in grammar school. Valentines Day was a day for giving out those silly little cards to classmates. Most people gave them out to their friends. As we got older, a few teachers thought that was wrong somehow and demanded that everyone who brought Valentines cards bring one for every member of the class. Suddenly, they didn't mean squat any more. Most kids stopped bringing any and passed theirs out after school, which made them even more segregated.

That said, I really don't give a rat's patootie about Harvard anyway... IMO they offer degrees in stoopid. But I thought it would be good to point out what the end goal is for this.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

Ok so, I did the ATS search and basically they're 'wrong' because "illuminati"? Is that about It?

Yes that is the arguments against fraternities I expect to come your way.
I remember it being the main topic of discussion during the bush years. That and 911 of course.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

wow, offended much? Look I edited my statement to say most instead of all so you don't have to feel like I meant you specifically.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Sorry to hear this Harvard fraternity dude bros. Once you're out of college give us a shout, we're still open for business and actively looking for brainwashing targets.

You sorority chicks have a place with us as well, just remember to cut the crusts off the bread.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Fair enough

I should think there ought to be a bit more of a substantial argument when we're talking about setting the kinds of precedents that might have wider and more serious implications but.. there you go...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Now let's focus on Abercrombie and Fitch, force them to reverse their cheap mens cologne fans from blowing into the mall.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm confused on the premise.

Greek influenced groups are somehow American culture?

Seems more like this is an attach on Greek culture than American?

I do not recall anything in my History books stating that the first Universities here had some group called Lambda Lambda Nu or w/e.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
So you think the US is not under an attack with soft targets?? There is a very creeping effort on a few different fronts to dis-mantle Certain parts of the very fabric of American culture. I wonder after seeing the effects of this decision how many other Colleges will jump on this wagon. Here's the rub...

In a private meeting on Monday, the university’s governing board voted to approve a May 2016 rule saying students who join single-gender clubs are forbidden from leading campus groups or serving as captains of sports teams. The rule also says the university, based in Cambridge, won’t back those students for major scholarships.

Im watching my Country slowly bend down on its knees. They're not all bad clubs and provide a network and support for years after. So the boy scouts aren't the boy scouts the girl scouts aren't the girl scouts Male isn't male and female isn't female anymore I think the next few generations are going to be lost after abandoning natural & societal order Established From the beginning of when MAN ( meaning men and women) first started gathering into groups from before the flood of Noahs time.

I'm watching the fall of established order. Shaking my head in disbelief.

As the husband of a research professor who has lived near campuses for 15 years you have no idea.

The situation is very bad and this fall (pledge season) was especially bad.

People have to be acountable for their actions. Just because fats and sororities are full of rich donors kids doesn't mean they can't be taken down for the masses of destruction and self harm across the country. Particularly bad in the south and large football schools in the sec.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

I believe that's just because it developed into they along the way. Still important and newsworthy though, even if you don't like them for whatever reason.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join