It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Am I repusled by transgenders?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Its been bothering me a lot. Not the fact that there is transgenders but the fact that it disgusts me so much. I have all my life been accepting of others and tried to have empathy for everyone that is marginalized may it be illigal immigrants, gays, racial profiling etc..

Now I still feel that transgenders have a right to be and respesct everything about them. Its just that I find it so abnormal, so weird. Anyone else ever had to fight against their nature in order to accept others? Im kind of bummed that it does not come as normaly as respecting gays and lesbians.
edit on 72017Thursdayam1130Thu, 23 Nov 2017 07:45:06 -0600America/Chicagov45 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

(post by Plotus removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Yes in the end I am not displaying it but deep inside i am not different than the person calling a transgender a monster. But youre right it is a victimless crime.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i wouldnt be bothered by it.
you respect them and thats really all anyone should be required to do.
you are allowed to be repulsed by #

all kinds of people freak me out man. various reasons but they deserve what i deserve which is to not be bothered and thats about it and if i think youre a freak show i wont associate with you.
no wrong in that

fair and respectful is a must
specific feelings are just not possible and should not be
we are individuals
edit on 23-11-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
a reply to: Plotus

Yes in the end I am not displaying it but deep inside i am not different than the person calling a transgender a monster. But youre right it is a victimless crime.

i still wouldnt feel bad about that
dude deep down inside i am monster myself.
i just keep to myself and try to get along with everyone.
i get there by not having friends and interacting with people as little as possible.

if and until something you do hurts someone youre not hurting anyone so who gives...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I will admit openly that I am very uncomfortable with trans people as well.
Not sure why, not proud of it, but can't change my views.
I feel very sorry for them that they can't be happy as the gender they were born.
I will never fully understand them.

Don't beat youself up over it. You can't help how you feel.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Because it is not the norm and it is weird and it does include actual bodily changes that are far from how they were born.

I suspect it's the actual physical, fake bodies that you find abhorrent. Kinda like huge fake boobs and butts and that is to most people kinda disgusting.

Unfortunately, behind those unusual physical changes there lies a person with real feelings and emotions and probably alot of pain because they do not fit easily in our society.

If you think of it that way, perhaps you will feel a little more empathy and less disgust.
edit on 23-11-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Greetings-

Imagine if You will... These folks have the same 'issues' as You but at least one of those issues has made these folks make a drastic change in Their Life Imagine the turmoil and I'd opine it was ALWAYS on their minds..

Be 'Thankful' (pun intended) You didn't walk a mile in their sneakers turned to heels...

Just bid them 'Good Day' and feel freely to move about the cabin..

Ours not to reason 'why'...

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. "When You judge someone, You're only judging YourSelf..." Bob Marley

You ARE "them" and They ARE You...

Have a better day.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Im fully aware of the pain they go through. Hence why I started the conversation. I think jutso hit the nail right in his last post.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I am repulsed by maybe 80% of the population.

Just don't be rude about it.
Be nice and exercise good manners.
Maturity is important to maintain a civil existence in society.

In the end you just gotta focus on solving your own problems. We can barely handle our own much less everyone else's.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I feel the same way about people like you guys. To me you are a freak show. Your attitudes caused all the social problems that Liberalism has wanted to sort out (though the Liberal agenda is only making it worse and forcing it all down people's throats). People are a problem, all of us, we always will be. I think the Liberals are a load of hypocrites, too, no better. They talk freedom while they walk self interest and an even more insidious kind of self entitlement; cronyism among billionaires...YUCK!

Yes, you guys I find really lacking in imagination. You are really predictable and so easily triggered politically. Your behavior is continually wide open to manipulation by anyone wishing to step into the John Malkovich head, take a peak and handle the controls.

Yes, you trudge through the generations like pack weary beasts. You live simple and short brute beast proletariat lives, used as batteries by those who know how to play you.

As soon as I was old enough, not even quite old enough, I ran away like Rimbaud to Paris to escape the bullying and imagination void of your vile clutches, to embark on a life of self consciousness, without being dragged into the pit of mental slavery where it looks like you reside to me metaphorically from my view point far above and out of your grasp.

Yeah, I don't like you, but I do pity you. I pity your simplicity of wit and the fact that you never get to experience anything other than that blueprint you have stamped on yourselves; someone' else's notion of what "normality" is and how you should live it. You are punishing yourselves by having such a narrowly defined bleak existence imposed on yourselves by yourselves. You are reaping what you sow, just how it should be and there is never any escape from that for any of us, no matter how hard we try to run away from it.

Yes, once the mass media was full of collective you, your ignorant bullying and hardness. Now you are a dinosaur diminishing minority and your dictator voices sound pathetic, a bit like the teacher character in Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album.

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?".

You poor freaks. We will try to give you a safe corner where you can live the old days like a client in a nursing home. However, you are done and dusted. Your attitudes are dead. Nobody will have to suffer again like they did when your attitudes were king.

Say what you like. Freedom of speech is fine. Your words only bare further witness to your bestial state. DO remember though there are now laws protecting people. Be careful what you say out on the street on in the workplace if it is abusing or bullying another human being to the point of making their lives misery, like you have continually done to me all the years of my life. You may find yourself in a courtroom for being a monster of the past who just can't let it go because even the law and the politicians recognize your outmoded attitudes caused so many issues on a continuing basis for societies, handed down generation to generation like a monster's curse, that have basically caused so many unnecessary social ills. Your bullying has even cost a lot of money to society and that got the politicians and business to outlaw your attitudes. Ironic in a sense because your taxes have to pay for the harm your attitudes have caused; just dessert!

I escaped you. It cost me everything to do that, but I am well away. You and your void have no power over me any longer. A brood of vipers is how Christ alluded to collective you; yep, fitting, very very fitting indeed.

edit on 23-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

In the end you just gotta focus on solving your own problems. We can barely handle our own much less everyone else's.

very true.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

well, for one you can't change your sex, no matter how many operations you have, your chromosomes will never be ambiguous.

second, how can nature seemingly get everything right throughout the universe except that the only mistake is in the intricacies of reproduction which took billions of years to perfect, and puts mostly women in men's bodies mainly in Western countries and only in the late 20th century.
i guess this phenomenon escaped every great thinkers, philosophers, medical doctors, biologists, and scientists since we created language and maths... unlikely but..

i think it's just your brain being smart enough to say our species can't change their sex, or nature doesn't make 'just' this mistake and only in humans.

i , like you, will be gladly to call 'tom', 'tina', if it makes him happy, but all 3 of us know if he's in a burning building and needs to scream loud enough to be rescued, which voice he/she will use.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

We are all required to wear masks in public.

Please, thankyou and how ya doing, Im fine.

You don't have to like others, you should treat them fairly though whenever you cross paths.

Using your signals in traffic isn't dependent on whether the other driver behaves more or less like you.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

I feel the same way about people like you guys. To me you are a freak show. Your attitudes caused all the social problems that Liberalism has wanted to sort out (though the Liberal agenda is only making it worse and forcing it all down people's throats). People are a problem, all of us, we always will be. I think the Liberals are a load of hypocrites, too, no better. They talk freedom while they walk self interest and an even more insidious kind of self entitlement; cronyism among billionaires...YUCK!

Yes, you guys I find really lacking in imagination. You are really predictable and so easily triggered politically. Your behavior is continually wide open to manipulation by anyone wishing to step into the John Malkovich head, take a peak and handle the controls.

Yes, you trudge through the generations like pack weary beasts. You live simple and short brute beast proletariat lives, used as batteries by those who know how to play you.

As soon as I was old enough, not even quite old enough, I ran away like Rimbaud to Paris to escape the bullying and imagination void of your vile clutches, to embark on a life of self consciousness, without being dragged into the pit of mental slavery where it looks like you reside to me metaphorically from my view point far above and out of your grasp.

Yeah, I don't like you, but I do pity you. I pity your simplcity of wit and the fact that you never get to experience anything other than that blueprint you have stamped on yourselves; someone' else's notion of what "normality" is and how you should live it. You are punishing yourselves by having such a narrowly defined bleak existence imposed on yourselves by yourselves. You are reaping what you sow, just how it should be and there is never any escape from that for any of us, no matter how hard we try to run away from it.

Yes, once the mass media was full of you and your ignorant bullying and hardness. Now you are a dinosaur diminishing minority and your dictator voices sound pathetic, a bit like the teacher character in Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album.

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?".

You poor freaks. We will try to give you a safe corner where you can live the old days like a client in a nursing home. However, you are done and dusted. Your attitudes are dead. Nobody will have to suffer again like they did when your attitudes were king.

Say what you like. Freedom of speech is fine. Your words only bare further witness to your bestial state. DO remember though there are now laws protecting people. Be careful what you say out on the street o in the workplace. You may find yourself in a courtroom for being a monster of the past who just can't let it go.

Wow. You seem like you are really working through some stuff there.

Good luck with *all* that.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I'm repulsed by people who snap/chomp their gum, chew with their mouths open, speak with food in their mouths.

*shudder*

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Psychologically speaking, it's because they are different from you and what you understand as normal. Human beings are hard-wired to be suspicious against anything that does not remind them of themself. That goes back to evolutionary tribal survival, as anything remotely different from the self is competition, and thus dangerous.

Then there's the sociological notion in the west (and the east) of masculinity, where anything seen as a threat to masculinity is abhorrent. Even on ATS it's devolved to the point everything is garbage politics and there have been threads of people whining about men wearing eyeliner, where you could see the authors felt sexuality threatened lol

But you said

Now I still feel that transgenders have a right to be and respesct everything about them.

That's all they ask, so don't be hard on yourself. Meet some and you'll see they're normal.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm repulsed by people who snap/chomp their gum, chew with their mouths open, speak with food in their mouths.

*shudder*

And God forbid their fork makes noise on their teeth. I want to stab their eyes out.

(post by nwtrucker removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*shudder*

And God forbid their fork makes noise on their teeth. I want to stab their eyes out.

I've actually punched people in restaurants.

I've stood up and throat-punched them.

It's why I'm never allowed back to Chuck-E-Cheese any more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join