It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Am I repusled by transgenders?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I've actually punched people in restaurants.

I've stood up and throat-punched them.

It's why I'm never allowed back to Chuck-E-Cheese any more.

That's what I'm talking about.

I don't have a problem with the trans people, I have a problem if they slurp their soup while I'm eating.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Respecting someone else's boundaries has nothing to do with gender or sexual preference. Rapists and pedophiles come in all types. What bother's me is the idea that "no" means "no" is lost from the conversation. Everything is shock journalism designed to frighten people about other people. Is pure garbage.

People are people. Everyone has hang ups. Everyone wants to belong. Everyone wants to be loved. As long as someone isn't trying to rape you then just leave other people alone. The lack of respect for people who are different is stunning.

edit on 23-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's not soup.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I accept transgenders and even have some transgender friends, but I still feel a bit grossed out! I definitely work past it.
edit on 23amThu, 23 Nov 2017 09:30:01 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Sounds like you are another, different brood of vipers who doesn't even respect others feelings or opinions.
At least the OP made it clear he didn't hate, dislike or condemn and there you are condemning them and anyone else
Seems like you are exactly what you hate, just the other side of the coin

For me, you made your choice, good on you, hope we don't meet
Hope it all works out, no disrespect for your choice, your attitude, that's another thing

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
a reply to: JimNasium

Im fully aware of the pain they go through. Hence why I started the conversation. I think jutso hit the nail right in his last post.

Please don't get Me wrong, way better trying to grasp the feelings/emotions associated with that feel of repulsion here, rather than somewhere a transsexual might hear You (avoiding those awkward feelings for those present)

But what do I know? I'm typing this wearing nothing but swim fins and a catcher's mask...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
Its been bothering me a lot. Not the fact that there is transgenders but the fact that it disgusts me so much. I have all my life been accepting of others and tried to have empathy for everyone that is marginalized may it be illigal immigrants, gays, racial profiling etc..

Now I still feel that transgenders have a right to be and respesct everything about them. Its just that I find it so abnormal, so weird. Anyone else ever had to fight against their nature in order to accept others? Im kind of bummed that it does not come as normaly as respecting gays and lesbians.

Here is the deal.... lots of people disgust me. People who do nasty crap disgust me, people who don't brush their teeth disgust me, people who gurgle phlegm disgust me.

Get real, people's words, actions, smells, sounds, looks, attitudes, habits, etc. are going to disgust you. No reason to feel guilty about it because of some political correctness BS says something disgusting is supposed to be OK or you are bad.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
...people who gurgle phlegm disgust me.

Well, reading this just shot the hell out of my Thanksgiving.

edit on 23-11-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: šŸ‘ļø šŸ’“ šŸ§€ šŸ•

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"Gurgle Phlegm" was the name of my band in college.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yeah, try using a dating website or app only to find a transgendered person messaged you. Almost puked

Btw, I am straight, normal, and sexually into normal women.

I can see if a TG wanted to date a gay person. Nothing wrong with that I think.

I personally couldn't be around a TG...I really couldn't. Gay people, no problem.
edit on 23-11-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am repulsed by people who order a damn drink and just walk away without finishing it, now if i could get over my issue with sloppy seconds , i could get drunk a lot faster. šŸ»
edit on 23-11-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't presume to speak for anyone else when I say that non-heterosexual behavior gives me the creeps.

I think it's plain human nature.

I also react violently when I see someone with tattoos on their head/face or a lot of piercings. I was recently grocery shopping in the dairy section and was scared out of my wits when I looked up from my list to see a man grotesquely tattooed all over his face. He was an employee.

Frankly, I would never hire such a person. Self-mutilation is a sign of underlying mental illness.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm repulsed by people who snap/chomp their gum, chew with their mouths open, speak with food in their mouths.

*shudder*

And God forbid their fork makes noise on their teeth. I want to stab their eyes out.

How about a person that has a piece of hard candy or a cough drop in their mouth and they keep rolling it from one side of their mouth, clicking it on their teeth each time?
I really hate that.

On the subject of trans sex.... I was thinking about it and maybe some are bothered by it because it is not natural.

Think about it.
In a completely natural state, a transsexual could not exist. Natural means no clothing to switch, no cosmetics to apply and no surgical procedures to make switches.
In nature, hermaphrodites and homosexuals exist.
Mentally, a trans could exist, but no one else would know by looking at them.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
First of all much respect for opening up the thread. IĀ“m astonished that the replies have been so civil as of now. I hope it stays that way.

Im kind of bummed that it does not come as normaly as respecting gays and lesbians.

I thought a bit about your statement and maybe I can offer some kind of explanation from a male. Not saying itĀ“s how it is but just read and keep in mind itĀ“s just a theory.

Humans are afraid/curious of the unknown. Being lesbian/gay (eg homosexual) most of the times leaves little doubt if theiy are male or female. Now with transgender or crossdressers, you canĀ“t be so sure. So maybe the unknown/strangeness is what "repulses" some people. It could be linked to the so called "first impression".

Or maybe simply because itĀ“s unnatural / abnormal. I know the definitions I gave may read hostile to most but itĀ“s not intended. Like others said, everybody deserves their dignity to be protected, this is actually a foundation stone of the german constitution.

I just dislike the way itĀ“s being pushed and that itĀ“s being presented as totally normal, when it is not. I accept that the soul of someone can be more feminin/maskulin so they feel like being trapped in the wrong body. What I dislike is the failure to accept that itĀ“s not normal but instead they push it as "totally normal" so distract from the fact that is totally not normal. In my opinion, transgender would be more/better accepted if they would not try to sell/shove it down my throat as "totally normal".

That being said, close family member is homosexual, widely accepted in a conservative rural aera just because she doesnĀ“t scream it into everyones faces and acts out. Still most recognize her being lesbian (she does not hide it but itĀ“s not the center point of her life). Oh the horror sheĀ“s even teaching guitar lessons in church and has a peaceful life, without the paranoid thought, everyone is after her.

edit on 23-11-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
I don't presume to speak for anyone else when I say that non-heterosexual behavior gives me the creeps.

I think it's plain human nature.

I also react violently when I see someone with tattoos on their head/face or a lot of piercings. I was recently grocery shopping in the dairy section and was scared out of my wits when I looked up from my list to see a man grotesquely tattooed all over his face. He was an employee.

Frankly, I would never hire such a person. Self-mutilation is a sign of underlying mental illness.

You react violently to tatts and earrings?

Get your emotions under control.

Or, you can get some nice ink in prison when you get there.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

So my friend...born with both make and female organs...a transgender...through not any fault of his/her "birth-defect-abnormality"...people born that way? Repulses you?

Handicapped? Blind? Malformed organs? Missing or deformed limbs? Repulsed?

Have a great day

edit on 23-11-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You feel the way you feel. Same as anyone else. Educate yourself on TG's and if you feel the same, well there's nothing you can do after that.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

IĀ“ve learned those that scream the loudest about how bias free they are, are often the worst hypocrites. And everyone trying to make me believe or says things like "IĀ“m bias free", I just canĀ“t take serious.

That being said, I think the pro transgenders will agree with me on that, you confuse transgender with transsexual. And you overreact about the word "repulse".

Edit:
just read it in context. not sure about them agreeing on my last sentence..
edit on 23-11-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's natural to be disgusted by trans people, in the same way it is natural to be disgusted by fat people.

It has been proven, at least with fat people, that we have an evolutionary distaste for them, probably due to them being less able to provide for the group and more likely to take more food than other members of the group. I keep saying them, but full disclosure, I'm one of them fat people myself

So, with trans people, it would make sense if there was a similar mechanism going on...

By changing their sex they are taking themselves out of the gene pool and hampering the groups survival by not producing offspring.

That isn't to say that those things are even true in todays modern society, but our brains haven't caught up with the facts of modern life and we still react to these things like animals.

Everyone is some kind of monster deep down, we are all bad first and learn to be good through experience.

All that matters is what you DO, not what you think.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Homosexuals, trans-sexuals, hermaphrodites, physically handicapped, physically malformed, even racism, and tribalism, are all natural, because they exist in nature. likewise, repulsion and acceptance for these things are also natural for the same reason. To each his own. If someone is uncomfortable around a particular demographic, why is that not acceptable as a natural response?

I'm glad people feel like they can talk about these things. Thats how acceptance of these humans is normalized.

edit on 23-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join