It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Sold For Sex On The Streets Of Govanhill Glasgow

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

"Cool. Your book isn't the Roma book."

Kind of stunned me a bit here MysticPearl. WTF???

Nope it's not my book. My book, is my own, could it be any other way?

And judging by what you consider to be "the Roma book" most Roma i know are attempting to escape that kind of environment. Probobly why they are here as opposed to one of those horrid Ghettos the Ross Kemp and the like made famous.

Like to think my parents taught me the difference between right an wrong, but i have not always taken what most may consider being the moral road in life.

3 simple rules through, take what you do not have, have what you cannot take, and never hurt anyone weaker than yourself, the rest is chicken soup(easy).

Don't give a crap who you know that prostitutes two of their daughters, that's both beyond contempt and redemption really.

And don't give me it's a cultural issue or times change. Aye Mohammed and his likes including Christian kings married an 8 year old and child brides way back when, none the less that does not make it any less contemptible in this day of age or in a first world nation, or by how we live today.

Western values, apply in western nations, else there are no Western values. As to here in bonny Scotland, we are just happy if people act like Human beings.

Treat people how you find them but understand that it's nice to be nice!
edit on 19-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Quite a disgusting state of affairs in a Christian nation

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

Scotland isnt a christian nation! at least not any more

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

I live in Govanhill and if I were approached Id be taking that kid straight to the polis station
and getting them into care

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Stop being such a drama queen making out I'm racist lol.
You started a thread explaining a problem in Govanhill specific to the Roma community. You posted a quote that states Roma families pimp their kids out and have done so for years.
I said the parents who do so are scum.
You whine that I'm being racist.
I think it is you who doesn't understand how to debate.

And yes, if the 18% Roma population of Govanhill are providing the majority of child prostitutes in the area it absolutely is a Roma problem.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My pal Mattie moved into Daisy street about 3 years ago now , and Ive stayed in Govanhill for 5 or 6 years now
and the first thing he said to me one weekend we were out in jamiesons on Allison streeet having a pint
was that there are people selling their kids , and he made mention that they were indicating the business by using pink and blue lighting in the childs room.

I just never believed it to be true and thought it was just one of the things they say about communities who are foreign.
but this backs up the claims.

I have walked through govanhill many a time at night , from the back of 11 until about 4 or 5 am
often coming home from parties in the area and I walk through the heart of govanhill and I've never been approached by kids for sex.
However I have seen plenty of dodgy looking flats with either pink or blue lights in the rooms.
(whether this is just coincidence )

I have been approached by kids for money , some of the kids shouldn't be out that late at their age as there are criminals everywhere in Glasgow and especially ones who exploit children.

I can certainly testify that the area has fallen into a state of despair, the housing is falling down , there is a flat on mrtyle park road and the facade has bellied out and everyone has been evacuated, there was also a housing block on victoria road which was condemned and evacuated due to a fire .

The area needs alot of TLC, but that is also a community thing, and despite Govanhill being a little down trodden , the place has a community feeling and people do things together , they have parades etc, in fact the Romany Gypsy community day was recent there in August a whole day celebrating the Romany community in Glasgow.

People need to just come together more and work together and bridge gaps.
people need to look out for each other more.

time to go look for those volunteer roles

edit on 20-11-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Seems to me Police Scotland and child protection services need to be going undercover and rescuing kids from scum parents.
Maybe the ridiculous cries of racism are what is stopping them targeting the community.
...and I'll assert it again, if the minority 18% Roma population of Govanhill are providing the majority of child prostitutes then it absolutely is a Roma problem.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

Ive no idea how complex this issue is at police Scotland, apparently its a non issue as it doesn't register with the police only the locals and normally in cases like this , it will take a full scandal and public opinionsplosion before anything gets done about it!

So im sure we will be reading front page news when a pedophile has been caught for kidnapping and killing poor Romany children in Glasgow. There will be a huge political scandal because its Sturgeons home turf . You know the drill !

One thing which definitely makes it unsafe for children in Govanhill is the lack of police presence on the streets , Ive seen the police only do a show of force in recent years as there were a run of rapes in the govanhill area , and the police were forced out onto the beat to show force to the public. 3 women had been brutally raped in the area and so the community were making a stand . There was a support walk at night for women and anyone who wanted to support the community to take part in the midnight walk.

The police put up new cameras etc, but they were all smashed due to the propensity of non rape crimes and in general gang violence.

The Govanhill area is nice but needs some cleaning up , the streets are covered in litter and household items discarded onto the street which the council do not collect (not sure as they are required by council regs to uplift in designated areas)

The back courts between the streets and streets of tenement flats are full of rubbish and there is a rat problem.

Now kids are out playing in that , the smart ones goto the park , but still kids shouldnt be playing in refuse.
Never mind being pimped to make ends meet.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Maybe senior cops and councilors are in on the child abuse as well.
Nothing would surprise me these days.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Sigh.

What you obviously fail to comprehend, or rather point blank refuse to accept, is that labeling this a "Roma problem" is rather shortsighted. For a start the clientele that are engaging the services of these poor kids are not predominantly of Roma origin. Hence this is most definitely a people or even a pedophile problem.

Also labeling or turning this type of problem into a race issue does nothing to alleviate or stop it happening. Point of fact all it serves to accomplish is to move the issue away from selling children for sex and turn it into a racial debate over a bloody adjective, which is completely counterproductive to the problem being tackled in the appropriate manner.

We don't give a rats arse as to the ethnicity of the poor kids being sold, just that it stops and the persons responsible for such heinous acts of depravity are held to account no matter their race, colour or creed.

Simple really for anyone with an eye to see or the inclination to do so.
edit on 21-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

When a minority demographic is selling the majority of kids for sex in a community then yes it is a problem of that demographic.
If the families didn't pimp them out the kids would be safe.
Of course I condemn anyone who pays to rape kids but I condemn the scummy parents who sell them.
If the Roma community didn't pimp their kids out it would stop.
...but yeah whine racism if you like, I'd say the same if a minority Welsh community in Govanhill were selling their kids for sex, but they aren't, it's the Roma.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

So who is purchasing these kids for sex? Are they all Roma?

The answer to that it's all types of people and not just the Roma, hence the problems extend to rather more than just the race of the culprits selling kids for sex.

Again this is plainly evident to anyone that cares to look or attempt to understand the issue.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

My kids are safe because I don't pimp them out.
The pimp scum parents are the root problem.
This is plainly evident to anyone that cares to look or attempt to understand the issue.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

If you lived in the area in question your kids would not be safe to let outdoors unaccompanied whether or not you "pimp them out" or otherwise.

The root of a problem is not necessarily how it seems, you see people are the root of the problem, unless of course, you are somehow insinuating that Roma are not people or less than people?

Whats plainly evident is that you are willing to place blame on race rather than people who sell kids for sex and/or the clientele who engage such service.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Nope I'm blaming parents who pimp their kids out regardless of race.
If the ethnicity in this case is Roma then so be it.
Your attemps to label me as racist are lame at best.
You are the one who started a thread pointing out that Roma people are selling their kids for sex, not me.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

mate it doesnt matter where the # they are from , their race , colour etc

they are just humans being #s and selling their kids so its a comunity problem for glasgow a human problem
human trafficking and human sex trafficking is a huge problem the world over

so saying its roma only is not quite right is it , as Im sure the Roma community wouldnt want to be involved in that , theyd just rather let other ethnic groups indulge in such depravity and barbarism

but it is what it is , people selling their kids, and its a human problem
and needs to stop!

we both know full well the Sun only added that in to make it seem more edgy ! and because the general population of the UK were spon fed to dislike the romany community when they aired my gypsy wedding and other programs of its kind by villifying the culture of a people who dont assign to cultural standards of society in the west.

We bang on about how much we hate the government and the Romany travelling people seem to be the only people who dont pay into the system of corruption hence why we are trained to villify them all !

edit on 21-11-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Fella it was the OP who posted that the Roma families are pimping their kids out, not me.
I'll put it this way based on the OP claims I'd be investigating the Roma community in Govanhill first.
Blame the OP for targeting Roma as the pimps, I made no such claims.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The OP(being me) posted an adjective, you are the one that's subscribing racial motivation to said adjective, clear as day really.

You are also the one seems to be painting "Roma as the pimps", i simply suggest that people are the pimps.

As to the clientele engaging the services of these child prostitutes, well how come you are not subscribing race to that particular variable?

One has to wonder?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So is the social demographic mainly pimping their kids out in Govanhill Roma or not?
Why include it in your OP if that is factually incorrect?

ETA
You didn't post anything about the demographic buying sex off kids, just that Roma families pimp them out.
So was your OP accurate or not?
Are all demographics pimping their kids out equally?
Maybe think about what you post in future?
edit on 21-11-2017 by TJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

Welcome to Secular Scotland a nation where religion is in retreat. In a lot of ways that's a good thing really as religion should really be between yourself and whatever God you care to pray. Then again look at the amount of Christmass trees and other associated paraphernalia that will be displayed in 90% of our windows and doors next month and it kind of paints a different picture. Truth is in these here parts most simply pay lip service to organized religious practice. Such is the Secular world of our own creation really.

Fact is Christian nation or otherwise, this kind of crap simply will not stand!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join