It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Sold For Sex On The Streets Of Govanhill Glasgow

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Community groups in Govanhill, one of Scotland’s most deprived areas, say Roma children are being sold by parents and relatives – and that the practice has been going on for decades.

But authorities have failed to take action for fear of being branded racist – Govanhill has the highest Roma population in Scotland after a dramatic increase in 2004.

The community has come under fire in the past for fly-tipping and slum conditions.

Locals have seen girls and boys propositioning people as they walk through the streets at night, reports The Times.

Children sold for sex on streets of Govanhill

Just thought i would bring this atrocity to the attention of anyone whos interested.

The People of Govanhill have been screaming these facts from the rooftops for almost 2 decades now!

One has to wonder how it has taken so long for Police and authorities to become involved?

The horrendous acts of depravity that transpire in the area are beyond belief really.

Hopefully, now something will be done as it's about bloody time people realized whats happening in our First Ministers own constituency.

edit on 17-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Awful.

Though in fairness the police also aren't taking much action against the white British families who prostitute their kids too. It's not a politically correct thing, it's just useless fricking policing from the Glasgow police force who are a bunch of puritanical nutjobs who care not one whit for the safety of women or girls.

So I think it's more of a police problem than a Roma problem.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

WTF?
That is absolutely horrible.
How is this allowed to go on?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

WTF?
That is absolutely horrible.
How is this allowed to go on?

I'm sure some of the profits are going to the police who just happen to be looking the other way...

Sad state but this happens everywhere. We Humans are a messed up species.....

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

This is not a race thing mate although i will say that in this instance, the people responsible are indeed Roma, not Pakistani, not Indian nor white nor any other ethnicity that resides in the area in question.

I know this because i lived there for 15 years and moved away so i could let my children out to play without fear of god knows what happening to them.

I have personally witnessed and even reported the culprits to the proper authorities, which always fell on deaf ears. And not just me but many other people over the years also reported what was happening.

It's not a Roma problem though it's a Pedophile problem, where Roma people are selling their kids for sex, the clientele however that use these poor children for there own sick sexual gratification are indeed of all types.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Probably better to ask Nicola Sturgeon that question, as she has been perfectly aware of what has been transpiring in her own constituency for quite some time now.

Contact email: firstminister@gov.scot
www.parliament.scot...

Good luck getting any kind of meaningful response through.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Thanks for the link.
This is a terrible problem.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Any real evidence that these things are going on, or is it just heresay and dramatic arsewipe newspapers looking for another reason to have a kick at the SNP?...

Just for everyones information, Govanhill falls under Glasgow Councils patch which for the past 20+ years has been a Labour run council. If anyone has neglected Govanhill and turned a blind eye to whatever is going on in Govanhill for 20 years it's Labour, the Police and the Govanhill community itself.

I saw what you did there throwing the First ministers name into the ring. So i just thought i would point the finger in the right direction.

Paedophiles praying on poor Roma kids, terrible IF true.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

How can you say it's not a Roma problem there if only the Roma are selling their kids for sex?
I agree the paedophile market is multi cultural but if all the kids being sold are Roma then it most definitely is a Roma problem.
Vile Roma parents creating the market in the first place.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: soloprotocol2

"Any real evidence that these things are going on, or is it just heresay and dramatic arsewipe newspapers looking for another reason to have a kick at the SNP?"

Only what i have witnessed myself for my part. I could attempt to regale horrible stories and incidents that i have witnessed over the years but it may turn your stomach somewhat.

Multiple reports have indeed been made over the past few decades through by numerous different residents.

I will freely admit i don't like Nicola Sturgeon Soloprotocol2, kind of hard to like someone that's allowing the things that are happening in said area to transpire without really doing anything about it.

And yes it was indeed a labor council that had a hand in the area degeneration, but again this is not really about politics its about highlighting what going on and the reason i mention the first minister is because it's her damned constituency now.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

Because that's simply playing the race card really.

1000s of Roma families reside in the area, some good people, they are not all selling there kids for sex.

Just the ones that we know about, it's a street thing, you simply cannot hide much in housing schemes.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Probably better to ask Nicola Sturgeon that question, as she has been perfectly aware of what has been transpiring in her own constituency for quite some time now.

Is this the progressive nationalist policies we all hear so much about? Or, is it that so much effort is put towards politicising and blaming everyone else that the nationalists have avoided the basics, like the dire social problems under their noses.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You said the kids being sold for sex are Roma though. If that's the case then it is a Roma problem in Govanhill.
Unlucky if you think that's racist but you stated it's only Roma kids so clearly there is a problem in that specific demographic in that local community.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It's darn disgrace really but can we please try and not turn this thread into a political debate about which party is responsible or the shortcomings of progressive nationalist policies.

People simply need to realize whats happening on the streets and why it is being ignored by Police and other applicable authorities.

Not suggesting Sturgeon should not have some rather hard questions to answer all the same now it's out in the open.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

"Any real evidence that these things are going on, or is it just heresay and dramatic arsewipe newspapers looking for another reason to have a kick at the SNP?"

Only what i have witnessed myself for my part. I could attempt to regale horrible stories and incidents that i have witnessed over the years but it may turn your stomach somewhat.

Multiple reports have indeed been made over the past few decades through by numerous different residents.

I will freely admit i don't like Nicola Sturgeon Soloprotocol2, kind of hard to like someone that's allowing the things that are happening in said area to transpire without really doing anything about it.

Seems to me for the 15 years you witnessed these thing you did very little yourself. If indeed they happened.

What do you expect Nicola to do. Fly in cape flapping in the wind and start snapping people in two. ?

As i said it is/was Labour and police scotland's bag, take it up with them. And please cease making threads with your false concerns of Roma kids just to bash our Glorious Leader Nicky. The purpose of this thread is quite simply to attack the SNP..I'm looking through you sir.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

I did not say i thought it was racist, just that it serves little purpose playing the race card.

End of the day an adjective is an adjective.

The people who use these poor kids though, they are not Roma, least not the ones we have witnessed.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Painterz

..., the clientele however that use these poor children for there own sick sexual gratification are indeed of all types.

You shouldn't speak that way about your Representatives in Government and Media.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

"Seems to me for the 15 years you witnessed these thing you did very little yourself. If indeed they happened."

What more would you have me do than report the incidents to the proper authorities, or anyone else for that matter?

Why dont you request the Police reports under the freedom of information act, if indeed they keep the darn things, or make them available to the public, if you dought whats been happening?

I expect my MSP to deal with the problems in her own constituency.

"I'm looking through you sir."

Then you are an idiot that cannot see further than the nose on your face, like i said it's not about politics, it's not about race, it's about pedophiles and the sick bastards that pay for sex with children .

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Again though you are sidestepping the issue that a minority demographic in Govanhill (roughly 18%) are providing the majority of kids selling sex.
That clearly means there is a problem in the demographic because the paedophiles would have no market if the vile parents didn't provide it in the first place.
Lock the parents up, place care orders on the kids and no more problem.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TJames

You said the kids being sold for sex are Roma though. If that's the case then it is a Roma problem in Govanhill.
Unlucky if you think that's racist but you stated it's only Roma kids so clearly there is a problem in that specific demographic in that local community.

Who are the buyers? They're the other half of the problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join