It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Sold For Sex On The Streets Of Govanhill Glasgow

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

The facts, fact is, i was living in Govanhill when around 10,000 of the poor souls arrived over here in the space of a few months back around 2004.

Front page News on most Scottish tabloids and also featured in the national Newspapers back then if memory serves.

Googles about as much use as Wikipedia really. LoL

Google is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.
edit on 19-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The newspaper allegations are anonymous & non specific. The Police are saying no-one's come forward with a complaint about child sexual exploitation. Surprising. Glasgow people aren't shy about phoning the Polis. I'm sure most men, if approached by a child offering themselves, would have phoned the Police to report it. I''d have hoped so, anyway. Roma charities in the area are denying it's happening, that they aren't aware of such activity.

Not saying it hasn't happened. Perhaps the Police should mount some undercover activity, see what's happening on the streets. All too often they just speed by in their cars and haven't a clue what's really going on. Can say that about just about anywhere in Scotland/UK, common complaint. But it's all to do with targets. Undercover work can be time consuming and unproductive. Easier catching speeding motorists or teenage boys puffing on a J, easy hits when it comes to the crime statistics.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

Something needs to be done that's for sure.

A lot of people don't wish to come forward because they will indeed be painted as racist, but the fact of the matter is whilst this very real problem remains unaddressed by authorities and Police these poor kids will continue to be used as sex objects by some very nasty individuals indeed.

The authorities said pretty much the same thing regarding the sex trafficking of foreign nationals and refugees in the area for around 15 years(no evidence and/or people were just being racist) low and behold what did they discover quite recently.

www.heraldscotland.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Nope not racist.
You are the one who asserted the Roma folk pimp their kids out in Govanhill. Why are you backing away from your claims now?
If what you say is true then the parents are scum.
You trying to defend them or something?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm not asserting anything, I'm positive kids are being sold into prostitution in the area who happen to be Roma descent.

Don't try and turn this into anything other than yourself having a problem with race.

Your feelings regarding Scottish people are perfectly evident by way of your disparaging remarks in this discussion, and others you have taken part in.

Either contribute to this thread in a meaningful manner or go troll some other forum for your obvious race bait hate kicks.

My feelings on the matter are perfectly evident this is a people problem and criminal act of depravity nothing to do with race other than for descriptive purpose of the PEOPLE responsible.

Stick up for them? By "them" you mean Roma of course? Ile stick up for any poor child in such a situation like that if i possibly can.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Community groups in Govanhill, one of Scotland’s most deprived areas, say Roma children are being sold by parents and relatives – and that the practice has been going on for decades.

Scum Roma parents as you posted in your OP.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You raised the Roma issue and if what you say is true they are scum.
You disagree?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TJames

You disagree?

My nephew lives in Govanhill. He has told me about young Roma girls propositioning people by shouting down to them from a tenement window.
He didn't call the cops. In fact most of the people he knows are aware of what goes on really. I think they regard the whole thing as more of an immigrant lifestyle thing with streetwise kids using any means to get cash. The idea that those kids are being pimped out by the parents puts a different slant on it.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

OP says they are pimped out.
Either way shameful # in Glasgow

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

OP says they are pimped out.
Either way shameful # in Glasgow

I have no reason to disbelieve him, quite the opposite. I was merely explaining why some locals might not be reporting the behaviour to the police.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So you sanction it then?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So you sanction it then?

Don't be silly. I doubt there are any of us here who would sanction any form of child prostitution.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Anyone who sells their kids to other people for the purposes of sex are scum in my book.

However yes i do disagree, people are people, might have been rather apprehensive at first about the Roma population given the distinct cultural differences, which can be somewhat of a barrier communication wise.

But once you get to know some of them you come to realize that we share more similarities than anything else. There are good and bad people everywhere, and you simply cannot tar an entire culture with a dirty brush down to certain bad elements.

Stands to reason really.

You raised the racist issue, wonder why that is?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Show the quote where i say "they are pimped out"?

You are the only shameful little troll in view at the moment.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That's not my quote its part of a quote from the Sun article. LoL

If you wish to take things so literally then i suggest you have no real understanding of how to communicate in a sensible cohesive manner.

Not really interested in anything further you have to say because the underlying hate filled gibberish is self-evident.

My i suggest you find a bridge to stand under. You will feel more at home in your own environment I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Personally, I blame every blonde on the planet for Anne Coulter.

And don't get me started on Kellyanne Conway.

We should send every darned blonde right back where they came from. Build a wall. Impose a travel ban. Gitmo. Something.
edit on 19/11/2017 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Whilst i share your sentiments pertaining to the persons in question.

I'm not touching the blonde reference as my Mrs just went in that direction.

Walls and Gitmo, the purpose is rather clear and not exactly synonymous with progress.

Better just to ignore the likes, or laugh at there nonsensical gibberish.

Edit: Did not mean terrorism just the likes of Anne Coldheart or Smellyann Bombway.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

You disagree?

My nephew lives in Govanhill. He has told me about young Roma girls propositioning people by shouting down to them from a tenement window.
He didn't call the cops. In fact most of the people he knows are aware of what goes on really. I think they regard the whole thing as more of an immigrant lifestyle thing with streetwise kids using any means to get cash. The idea that those kids are being pimped out by the parents puts a different slant on it.

By our western definition and using western vocab, Roma parents do pimp out their children across Europe.

By their definition they're simply using a traditional and historical business practice to help feed and earn for the family.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Anyone who sells their kids to other people for the purposes of sex are scum in my book.

Cool. Your book isn't the Roma book.

They see it as a common business practice. Their communities often times are also run by criminal elements who demand monthly payments. With little priority put on education they then many times turn to pimping their children to make monthly payments.

It's not just that either. Many of the groups of roaming street begging Roma children aren't out there begging for their parents or to put food on the table. They are employed by and need to earn for the criminal elements.

And they seem to accept it as part of the culture.

I actually know a Roma family pretty well who prostitutes two of their daughters. For them they consider it as follows. We need money. Education is not part of our culture. We do things our way. Our teenage girls' bodies are a commodity men are willing to pay for. Therefor, profit. And as a member of the family our daughters owe it to us to earn that way, based on tradition.

Western values do not apply.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

You're a horrible Woman if you think that kind of filth is acceptable OMG!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join