It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Sold For Sex On The Streets Of Govanhill Glasgow

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

It's an adjective you foolish little Man.

If the culprits responsible were black, white, pink, purple, English, Scottish, Welsh, Pakistani, Indian, Asian or any other colour, creed or religious orientations i would have used such to in an attempt to describe them. You see i simply do not hold with politically correct terminology and can see the shortcoming of subscribing such to the problem at hand.

Why is race such an issue to you??? Why can't you see that the issue is an issue no matter who is perpetuating such???

We hint its people.

edit on 21-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

So was your OP accurate claiming Roma people are pimping their kids out in Govanhill? Yes or no?
Why post the claims you did regarding Roma people in Govanhill if it is factually incorrect?

You're so desperate to be politically correct I bet you say FGM is not mainly an African problem just a 'people' problem.

ETA
And yes it is important because if there are claims that there is a problem in the Roma community pimping their kids out then clearly any police investigation should be focused on that demographic. You'd be a crap cop if you investigated say the Pakistani community after hearing such claims.

...oh and I'm degree educated 6'2" so save your childish foolish little man insults. I say you need to calm yourself and stick to debating rationally.
edit on 21-11-2017 by TJames because: (no reason given)

(post by andy06shake removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It means I lost interest in your faux shock.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Nothing faux about my shock. You claimed extenuating circumstances to explain away parents pimping their kids out.
Personally I think such a stance is disgraceful.
There is never an excuse in modern Britain to pimp your kids out.
We clearly disagree.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be more lucrative if the alleged pimps blackmailed the supposed peadophiles. I calling this story bollocks, just curtain twitcher gossip.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: soloprotocol2

Daily Record are quoting a local charity...

Olive Arens, chief executive of Up-2-Us, a charity that works with vulnerable teenagers, told the paper: "The sexual exploitation of Roma children in Govanhill is a long-standing issue and has been for 10 years or more.

Do you think they are lying?
edit on 21-11-2017 by TJames because: tag issues

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

its morally abhorrent and disgraceful in any country or on any planet and there is no excuse imaginable

but of course im sure a religious figure pimped his daughters to angels so its totally excuseable

edit on 21-11-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
KILL and disappear the sellers as you find them ...OH wait..it 's YOU...
Good luck then.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I don't play the religious card, I've already been wrongly accused of being racist in this thread by people who are incapable of rational reasoned debate.
Any parents who pimp their kids out are scum.
Local charities in Govanhill are claiming it is a problem in the Roma community, but yeah, nothing to see here so just move along I guess.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TJames

Daily Record are quoting a local charity...

Olive Arens, chief executive of Up-2-Us, a charity that works with vulnerable teenagers, told the paper: "The sexual exploitation of Roma children in Govanhill is a long-standing issue and has been for 10 years or more.

Do you think they are lying?

The police have come out and said they have no reports of any complaints, Are they lying?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

No complaints doesn't equate to no crime.
Just no complaints.
ETA
I know of multiple cannabis grows in my local area which the police don't know about...just because the cops don't know doesn't mean it ain't happening.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TJames

No complaints doesn't equate to no crime.
Just no complaints.
ETA
I know of multiple cannabis grows in my local area which the police don't know about...just because the cops don't know doesn't mean it ain't happening.

So, for over a decade children have been pimped out to paedophiles and no-one, including youself, Andy06, the charity you posted above, has ever reported it to the police. ?

You can see why i'm becoming a bit sceptical here cant you.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

They are indeed lying or not disclosing the multiple reports given to them on numerous occasion because they are unwilling to substantiate said claims.

The Police also postulated the same about incidents such as the one below and claimed no knowledge for decades.

www.eveningtimes.co.uk...

And low and behold what do you know they were most assuredly wrong once again!

How many times do you imagine sex trafficking and illegal knocking shop issues were raised before Police paid attention? Ile tell you this it was quite a few!

I get that its hard to believe or swallow, but some people know the truth. And it will out in the end.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm in southern England so I wouldn't be reporting anything.
If I'm correct the OP has stated he's made reports which were ignored, and the charity state it's been going on for years, but being outreach I guess they are bound by confidentiality protocol.
I've had kids tell me they were abused and some I've supported telling authorities, but others just wanted to get it off their shoulders. It's up to the victim if they want to go public.

Simple Google search Roma prostitution Govanhill results in multiple results, why do you seem to ignore it?
If I was a cop I'd be all over it, but I'm not a paedo.
edit on 21-11-2017 by TJames because: fix auto correct mistakes

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Already said we have reported whats been happening numerous times and on multiple different occasions. Not just me but lots of other residents

Yes i can indeed understand said skepticism but like i said look at what else has been transpiring, downright ignored and/or covered up for a substantial amount of time and the real picture becomes rather more clear.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

What truth?
Which demographic are pimping their kids out in Govanhill?
Roma as you posted in your own OP or just general Govanhill residents?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You have been made perfectly aware of what happens, your questions have been answered.

People from the area who happen to be of Roma origin are known to prostitute their kids for cash monies.

People problem through, the term Roma is for descriptive purpose and in no way whatsoever portrays the actions and/or feelings of the whole Roma community that reside in the area.

Simple really and sad beyond measure.

And on that note, no further interaction with you in this thread will be entertained by myself.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Cool with me fella, ignore my comments but you raised the issue that an 18% minority population are pimping their kids out in Govanhill.
Pretty shameful to be honest if that is the case, and people like you sticking your head in the sand are part of the problem.

ETA
...and as ATS seems to allow such statements, jog on little doggie before you get your PC arse bitten.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone caught this story this week, But if this excuse for a Cop is what is in charge of human trafficking in Scotland then i'm not surprised fnothing has been done in Govanhill.

Celtic birthday cake bigotry row cop demoted over Rangers 'banter' claim

As for Scotlands leading red top, Banter, It's all just a bit of banter.

The Headline should have read, Top cop in charge of human trafficking SACKED for sick sectarian remarks and using child abuse to point score.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join