It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Sold For Sex On The Streets Of Govanhill Glasgow

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TJames
a reply to: sapien82

I chuckle when you guys go all Scottish dialect in posts, I have to read them out loud a couple of times usually in a bad Scottish accent to get it sometimes.

On topic-ish do you know why Govanhill become the big go to choice for Roma people?
Not dissing the place but if I was moving to another country I'd probably choose a seaside resort or something.

Probably because of the high volume of empty housing. I take it the area they moved to is, was and probably has been kinda run down for generations.?
I know most refugees are kinda all chucked into, well lets just call them undesirable neighbourhoods. To be honest with you most refugees you never here a peep from. In fact a few local residents here were is stay have welcomed the change from the usual smackheads and other families who have been shunted from elsewhere after creating holy havoc.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Places like Govanhill used to rely heavy on ship building and heavy industry. 100,000 used to be employed on the clyde building ship.

Take into account the other supply industries that pop up along with these huge areas of work and we could be talking 300,000 jobs maybe more that fed off the shipyards.

Once the decline set in it's not hard to see why places and communities like Govanhil and Yoker etc fell to bits..Same here with the Ravenscraig and the pit closures and the same time..Total devastation and major high unemployment.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

My friend Darren McGarvey just wrote a book on Poverty In Glasgow called "poverty safari" on sale in amazon

he goes into the decline of Glasgow and how areas have become hives of de-industrialisation
many of the glasgow suburbs are exactly that built for the industrial revolution.

Gorbals one of the worst , Govan , Govanhill , Cranhill , Yoker , Cardonald , Coatbridge, Pollock the list goes on

Sighthill was the place where all the refugees from Iraq gulf war were going , I remember in Uni playing football near the flats in sighthill and we had to get a guy to watch all our gear because all the refugees were out stealing folks bags
and nicking stuff from them , all wee children as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

its hard sometimes I want to just write in auld scots , and other times I remember in order to be taken seriously and for people to actually understand me I need to utilise the English language to the best of my ability

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Cheers for the replies lads, I'd just been wondering. Seems a shame it's run down, from the pics the sandstone buildings there are beautiful I reckon, bit of TLC the place could be lovely.

...and do we have two Solo's on ATS now, is there even room for that many?!

ETA
I rented a flat in a run down estate years ago, first thing I did was clear all the rubbish close to my place, then got bleach, water, and a broom to scrub the piss covered walkways. It was a good way to bump into the neighbours and everyone else started doing the same...by the time I moved out the area had improved dramatically.

Poundland broom and bleach, rubbish bagged n piled on the Queens highway as I think Soloprotocol said earlier, council forced to collect it...few weeks the place was lovely, still skint but nice environment.
edit on 22-11-2017 by TJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TJames
Cheers for the replies lads, I'd just been wondering. Seems a shame it's run down, from the pics the sandstone buildings there are beautiful I reckon, bit of TLC the place could be lovely.

...and do we have two Solo's on ATS now, is there even room for that many?!

There can only be one Solo...I lost my original account due to me not remembering my password/email address etc, so started another account so i could get back in. The Mods got me my old account back up and running..

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Only one Solo haha love it!
On topic it has to be a worry if cops n child protection are failing to do their jobs in Govanhill...I've said a couple of times makes me wonder if some of them are in on it as well.
Nothing would surprise me these days.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

You know mate people do need to lead by example
and others will often follow

by taking pride in your own neighbourhood and cleaning up rubbish on your own doorstep it makes others compelled to chip in.

what I can say for the community in that area its kind of united , my mate mattie stays on daisy street and lives alone , and he puts his washing out and always forgets to collect it , lucky for him his polish neighbours the woman who lives across the landing takes it in for him!

and he brings up their milk etc .
Wee hings like that make the difference.

people just need to speak to each other without getting upset or offended.

as for the polis ! well I have mixed feelings about the police on one hand they are the biggest gang of #s on the the face of the earth
on the other hand you have cops rushing to defend the public from knife weilding nut jobs
so there are defo a variety of different police, but from my experience the good always outnumber the bad.
All it takes is one bad yin in there to spoil the rest though , specially if they are old school coppers

my mate that was a lifer , he killed an off duty policemen known as "robo cop" in Glasgow
and from what Ive heard he was a right bastard to everyone on the other side of the bars

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

For all the naysayers that refused to believe the truth.

The truth will out eventually.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Thanks for Op and link, may I ask who are "Roma" I am lost as to where that means, is it Italy Rome or short for Romania, I just never heard that term before

The sheer vileness of people who commit these acts deserve no forgivness wherever they are from.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

In this instance "Roma" refers to the migrant workers and the like form Romania that came to Scotland around 2004.

Just to point out, its not all Roma that practice such vile debauchery, just a certain few, who hopefully will now be caught and prosecuted to the full extent of our laws.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join