It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Willtell

Here's the thing, there's photographic evidence of franken being a creep. There's no such similar evidence in the moore case. If someone was simply saying franken did this, with no evidence, I'd back franken up.

Well there is the physical evidence of the yearbook from the girl he supposedly signed.

If that is his signature, we know he lied about not knowing her, and for me that would be enough to at least show he is lying about these situations and is likely guilty of some of it.

But for some reason, that womans lawyer, Gloria Allred, wont just release the yearbook for analysis.

Strange, why wouldnt she want physical evidence that shows Moores guilt to come out.

Almost as if they are more concerned with a political agenda than the truth coming out.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Dfairlite

by nine women who were teens at the time.

Do you have any links? Please?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

a reply to: primus2012

where did she say the woman deserved it?

Reading between the lines ---->

She knows his skits are full of sexual innuendos and willingly becomes part of it.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That doesn't matter--sleeping, living human beings shouldn't be used against their consent for comedic props portraying sexual assault, either. In any event, did you read the extent of her claims as to what Franken did? It's more than just in the picture, although that seems to be the only evidence that we have at the moment.

Also, I would challenge the certainty that you claim that he isn't touching her...it cold go either way, from what I'm looking at in the zoomed in image.

Regardless, this isn't about proven illegalities as much as whether or not this is behavior that should be dismissed simply because he was a "comedian" at the time and just because he's a senator now.

With most cases of sexual assault, it's a he-said-she-said issue that never really can be resolved with evidence. At least in this one, we have visual evidence that, at the very, very least, Franken regarded here as just a prop for a funny sexual photo op against her will.

I'm not nearly as willing to dismiss that as you seem to apparently be.

Is it in poor taste? Sure.

I'm not sure what theocratic country you guys live in, but when a woman tells someone to stop and they stop, that's usually the end of it.

That's it.

But, there's no excuse for deliberate sexual assault on a minor.

Attempts to compare this to Moore is desperation.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think there is something to the Moore aallegations.

But there is probaably something to the Menedez allegations to, which have been around since 2015, yet I didnt see the same outrage from the left or media there.

In fact, I didnt even see the same outrage from the right. Where were the constant calls fo Menedez to step down. Where was every politicians being asked their opinion of it.

As the video I showed above shows, when prominent memebers of the elft were asked, they said let justice run its course (which I agree with).

But members of the left and the establishment right are calling for Moores head now.

In addition, the yearbook should be analyzed today.

If its a fraud, then not only does this prove a political witchhunt, but it discredits any legitimate claims from accusers.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: primus2012

a reply to: primus2012

where did she say the woman deserved it?

Reading between the lines ----> "She knows his skits are full of sexual innuendos and willingly becomes part of it."

Seriously?

Could you twist that in your mind a bit more. You might even get rape out of it.

edit on 16-11-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

That doesn't matter--sleeping, living human beings shouldn't be used against their consent for comedic props portraying sexual assault, either. In any event, did you read the extent of her claims as to what Franken did? It's more than just in the picture, although that seems to be the only evidence that we have at the moment.

Also, I would challenge the certainty that you claim that he isn't touching her...it cold go either way, from what I'm looking at in the zoomed in image.

Regardless, this isn't about proven illegalities as much as whether or not this is behavior that should be dismissed simply because he was a "comedian" at the time and just because he's a senator now.

With most cases of sexual assault, it's a he-said-she-said issue that never really can be resolved with evidence. At least in this one, we have visual evidence that, at the very, very least, Franken regarded here as just a prop for a funny sexual photo op against her will.

I'm not nearly as willing to dismiss that as you seem to apparently be.

Is it in poor taste? Sure.

I'm not sure what theocratic country you guys live in, but when a woman tells someone to stop and they stop, that's usually the end of it.

That's it.

But, there's no excuse for deliberate sexual assault on a minor.

Attempts to compare this to Moore is desperation.

But bringing up ancient accusations when it is politically expedient to do so is just as unjust. There are reasons we have statutes of limitations.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

And I don't know if you understand where I'm coming from, but I've aided in the prosecution and punishment of many sexual assault cases, so I fully grasp the concept AND legal definitions of what sexual assault is.

Just because someone says "stop" after the fact, and the guy stops, doesn't mean the action that occurred prior isn't sexual assault.

And who are "you guys?" I'm just one man. And I live in America. And I'm an atheist.

You didn't really hit the nail on the head there...at all.

ETA: And statutes of limitations don't negate the ability (and responsibility, IMO) of someone to publicly speak out against a crime committed, even if it's no longer prosecutable.
edit on 16-11-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Not only the yearbook issue, but didn't one of the accusers during a press conference call him "Ray" and not Roy, and had to be corrected by the attorney? So they forgot or got confused on who touched them inappropriately?

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Willtell
YOU CANT GET ON THIS GUY…HE'S A LIBERAL--BACK OFF!

Just joking

Look liberals, don’t start defending this guy because he’s a liberal, lets not be like them—the conservatives..

If and when they get exposed we have to have the same standard on them as the conservatives

Well I am glad you arec consistent, thats good.

But don't speak for liberals as a whole.

Show me similar coverage by left leaning outlets of politicians about Menedez, who is a democratic senator currently on trial for having sex with underagers.

Hmm...

Seems like democrats have a far different standard when it comes to how to treat Moore as opposed to Menedez.

his name is spelled Menendez, not Menedez...and you lie about what he did...play for pay corruption, not sex with underagers....and if he is guilty of corruption, this democrat (me) says throw him out on his ass, period.

edit on 16-11-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 16-11-2017 by Eshel because: to keep things on topic

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Just because someone says "stop" after the fact, and the guy stops, doesn't mean the action that occurred prior isn't sexual assault.

Doesn't mean it is sexual assault either.

By you guys I mean everyone ready to grab their pitchforks because the accused happens to be a Dem.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: darkbake

Yes there are certainly differences in severity here.

That doesnt mean this shouldnt be called out, as I am sure you agee.

I do agree.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

By you guys I mean everyone ready to grab their pitchforks because the accused happens to be a Dem.

Oh, well, I'm not one of those guys.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You kiss a woman in her mouth without consent, to me that sexual assault.

That James Bond crap go to go

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Al is just joking around. No one got hurt, no one was touched.
Al is one of the good guys, not a swamp creature like Moore or Weinstien or Spacey.
And it hurts us all, no matter whose side you are on. I mean, I feel like suing Spacey over not being able to see the next season of House of Cards.

Anyone with half a brain can se that Al is one of the good guys

She, the victim disagrees with you!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It looks like he was kidding around, to me.

Im an Independent, but I was wondering,. can Trump kid like that too? That girl is on the job. She could get in a lot of trouble for allowing him to sexually fondle her while she is working.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

I would believe a photo over a signature in a yearbook as proof.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Willtell
YOU CANT GET ON THIS GUY…HE'S A LIBERAL--BACK OFF!

Just joking

Look liberals, don’t start defending this guy because he’s a liberal, lets not be like them—the conservatives..

If and when they get exposed we have to have the same standard on them as the conservatives

Well I am glad you arec consistent, thats good.

But don't speak for liberals as a whole.

Show me similar coverage by left leaning outlets of politicians about Menedez, who is a democratic senator currently on trial for having sex with underagers.

Hmm...

Seems like democrats have a far different standard when it comes to how to treat Moore as opposed to Menedez.

his name is spelled Menendez, not Menedez...and you lie about what he did...play for pay corruption, not sex with underagers....and if he is guilty of corruption, this democrat (me) says throw him out on his ass, period.

Must have missed this.

Prosecutors defended their inquiry of Mr. Menendez in vehement terms, including a review of what they called “specific, corroborated allegations that defendants Menendez and Melgen had sex with underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic.” They said the Justice Department’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section had scrutinized Mr. Menendez and Dr. Melgen, even as they repeatedly acknowledged that Mr. Menendez was not indicted in connection with the initial allegations against him.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Looks to me like he's reaching but not touching with a look like, "Should I, should I?" Juvenile but not abuse imo.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join