It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
YOU CANT GET ON THIS GUY…HE'S A LIBERAL--BACK OFF!

Just joking

Look liberals, don’t start defending this guy because he’s a liberal, lets not be like them—the conservatives..

If and when they get exposed we have to have the same standard on them as the conservatives

edit on 16-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You must have missed the confirmation hearing yesterday where they construed a tweet about marrying bacon as not respecting equality.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

You must have missed the confirmation hearing yesterday where they construed a tweet about marrying bacon as not respecting equality.

I'm glad I missed it.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Here's the thing, there's photographic evidence of franken being a creep. There's no such similar evidence in the moore case. If someone was simply saying franken did this, with no evidence, I'd back franken up.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The gay comedian "air groped" her through body armor? He's not even touching her and even if he was touching "her" he'd be touching body armor.

This picture doesn't show sexual assault, it shows Franken pantomiming for a gag photo.

I love how no one reads the article.

So her story of him acting inappropriately all week, and putting his tongue in her mouth against her will, none of that matters?

Wow.

I read the story. She also says this.

"Franken had written some skits ....... the skits were full of sexual innuendo geared toward a young, male audience.

As a TV host and sports broadcaster, as well as a model familiar to the audience from the covers of FHM, Maxim and Playboy, I was only expecting to emcee and introduce the acts, but Franken said he had written a part for me that he thought would be funny, and I agreed to play along.

She knows his skits are full of sexual innuendos and willingly becomes part of it.

As far as the kiss? Idk -- it's happened to me more times then I can count. I was good with "don't try that again" -- and they didn't.

As far as comparing this to Moore -- there is no comparison.

Question now is --- will more come forward?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
#TheResistance and #MAGA competing to see who can have the most 'deplorables'

link   

Link

It's really a sad statement on the current climaate of our politics.

link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: whyamIhere

He was a comic. That's what they do.

Wait, all comedians are sexual predators? Wow, we need the DOJ on this quick!

TheRedneck

As someone who owned a Comedy Club.

Who's sibling was a National Headiner.

Pretty much they are all sexual predators by definition.

The more taboo, the more they push it.

Sounds about right. Somebody posted just a couple of days ago that men with massive dongs realise at an early age that they have superiority over other males and go into either Acting, Politics or Comedy.

I think that poster may be on to something.

link   

That doesn't matter--sleeping, living human beings shouldn't be used against their consent for comedic props portraying sexual assault, either. In any event, did you read the extent of her claims as to what Franken did? It's more than just in the picture, although that seems to be the only evidence that we have at the moment.

Also, I would challenge the certainty that you claim that he isn't touching her...it cold go either way, from what I'm looking at in the zoomed in image.

Regardless, this isn't about proven illegalities as much as whether or not this is behavior that should be dismissed simply because he was a "comedian" at the time and just because he's a senator now.

With most cases of sexual assault, it's a he-said-she-said issue that never really can be resolved with evidence. At least in this one, we have visual evidence that, at the very, very least, Franken regarded here as just a prop for a funny sexual photo op against her will.

I'm not nearly as willing to dismiss that as you seem to apparently be.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Here's the thing, there's photographic evidence of franken being a creep. There's no such similar evidence in the moore case. If someone was simply saying franken did this, with no evidence, I'd back franken up.

I agree, every case should be examined on its own. But it should be the same standard without regard to politics

link   

originally posted by: Willtell
YOU CANT GET ON THIS GUY…HE'S A LIBERAL--BACK OFF!

Just joking

Look liberals, don’t start defending this guy because he’s a liberal, lets not be like them—the conservatives..

If and when they get exposed we have to have the same standard on them as the conservatives

Well I am glad you arec consistent, thats good.

But don't speak for liberals as a whole.

Show me similar coverage by left leaning outlets of politicians about Menedez, who is a democratic senator currently on trial for having sex with underagers.

Hmm...

Seems like democrats have a far different standard when it comes to how to treat Moore as opposed to Menedez.

link   
a reply to: Annee

True, in one case we have a photo of him being a creep and in the other we have he said/she said.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Oh ok.

She had it coming by agreeing to do a sexual skit.

I suppose the Weinstein accusers that were raped also had it coming if they played in sexual situations in movies.

What a joke.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The gay comedian "air groped" her through body armor? He's not even touching her and even if he was touching "her" he'd be touching body armor.

This picture doesn't show sexual assault, it shows Franken pantomiming for a gag photo.

So her story of him acting inappropriately all week, and putting his tongue in her mouth against her will, none of that matters?

Wow.

"Franken had written some skits ....... the skits were full of sexual innuendo geared toward a young, male audience.

As a TV host and sports broadcaster, as well as a model familiar to the audience from the covers of FHM, Maxim and Playboy, I was only expecting to emcee and introduce the acts, but Franken said he had written a part for me that he thought would be funny, and I agreed to play along.

She knows his skits are full of sexual innuendos and willingly becomes part of it.

As far as the kiss? Idk -- it's happened to me more times then I can count. I was good with "don't try that again" -- and they didn't.

Ah yes, another feminist saying the woman deserved it and Judge Moore is worse...

Disgusting

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well thats not my standard; thats the lefts.

But apparently the media and many democratic politicians didnt feel that way with Roy Moore.

What liberal anyone has ever been given the presumption of innocence by the right and right-wing media?

The fact is whenever there's a political angle, the "other side" has always gone full tilt in favor of wholehearted belief in the allegation. What's changed only recently is that a large percentage of people on the left are pushing this irrational position that all allegations must be believed.

You'll be happy to know that right now, tons of people from "the Left" are going off half-cocked about Al Franken. I'm switching between windows where some ranting lunatic on Twitter is accusing me of excusing sexual assault right now.

As for Roy Moore. I'm actually skeptical about Allred's client but let's not ignore detail for the sake of false equivalence either. It's not just that Roy Moore has been accused of assault or other inappropriate behavior by multiple women, he admits to having dated teen girls as a 30-something (with their mother's permission?), former colleagues corroborated his predilection for teen girls, etc.

Hell even Hannity backed down from defending him and flipped positions when he couldn't cajole Moore into flat denial of his behavior.

link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

by nine women who were teens at the time.

link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

There is no comparison.

Several minors have come forward accusing Moore.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

That doesn't matter--sleeping, living human beings shouldn't be used against their consent for comedic props portraying sexual assault, either. In any event, did you read the extent of her claims as to what Franken did? It's more than just in the picture, although that seems to be the only evidence that we have at the moment.

Also, I would challenge the certainty that you claim that he isn't touching her...it cold go either way, from what I'm looking at in the zoomed in image.

Regardless, this isn't about proven illegalities as much as whether or not this is behavior that should be dismissed simply because he was a "comedian" at the time and just because he's a senator now.

With most cases of sexual assault, it's a he-said-she-said issue that never really can be resolved with evidence. At least in this one, we have visual evidence that, at the very, very least, Franken regarded here as just a prop for a funny sexual photo op against her will.

I'm not nearly as willing to dismiss that as you seem to apparently be.

Is it in poor taste? Sure.

I'm not sure what theocratic country you guys live in, but when a woman tells someone to stop and they stop, that's usually the end of it.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: primus2012

where did she say the woman deserved it?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: primus2012

originally posted by: Annee

Wow.

Ah yes, another feminist saying the woman deserved it and Judge Moore is worse...

Disgusting

Don't twist my words.

Own yours.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join