It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winterpain

It also sounds like he also stuck his tongue down her throat against her will...

If the allegations are true, I don't see a way out for him.

~Winter

The kiss was a rehearsal for a skit they were performing. She agreed to rehearse the kiss, but rightly complains the tongue was unnecessary. Franken is taking full ownership for the bad choices and bad humor and has issued a full apology.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

What you just described isn't humor, it is battery. Possibly sexual battery depending on where it occurred.

link   
Joking or not, it's completely inappropriate behavior from a sitting US senator. It would also be inappropriate from a would-be US President. I add that latter bit so as not to be accused of partisan politics...it helps that I actually think that.

When does it become necessary to forget this stupidity of partisan politics and condemn behavior that should earn "our leaders" not just unemployment, but a throat punch?

I didn't like Franken to begin with, this does nothing to help his cause, joke or not. ...and this creature is what the Dems are attempting to put forward into a leadership position?

Is it any wonder that truly good people stay away from politics? It shouldn't be.

link   
But why now?

Did she wait until she felt that it would matter? Or is it the general feeling of so many people confronting their abusers?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

According to her:

She wrote that it was her ninth time on such a tour, which Franken, then a comedian, headlined. Tweeden said she agreed to play a part in one of Franken’s skits. “When I saw the script, Franken had written a moment when his character comes at me for a ‘kiss’. I suspected what he was after, but I figured I could turn my head at the last minute, or put my hand over his mouth, to get more laughs from the crowd,” she wrote.

According to Tweeden, Franken insisted on rehearsing the kiss backstage, and “continued to insist” over her protestations until she agreed so he would stop “badgering” her.

“We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth,” Tweeden wrote. “I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.”

Sounds like he definitively took advantage of his power and status here.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
But why now?

Did she wait until she felt that it would matter? Or is it the general feeling of so many people confronting their abusers?

She has been interviewed and said that the news that Congress had paid off a bunch of women to drop sexual harrassment suits is what made her decide to tell her story.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Joking or not, it's completely inappropriate behavior from a sitting US senator.

He wasn't a senator at the time.

link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

According to her:

She wrote that it was her ninth time on such a tour, which Franken, then a comedian, headlined. Tweeden said she agreed to play a part in one of Franken’s skits. “When I saw the script, Franken had written a moment when his character comes at me for a ‘kiss’. I suspected what he was after, but I figured I could turn my head at the last minute, or put my hand over his mouth, to get more laughs from the crowd,” she wrote.

According to Tweeden, Franken insisted on rehearsing the kiss backstage, and “continued to insist” over her protestations until she agreed so he would stop “badgering” her.

“We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth,” Tweeden wrote. “I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.”

Sounds like he definitively took advantage of his power and status here.

Common-sense says that comedian Franken most likely ramped-up the abuse after being elected to Congress...with more Power and Status.

link   

Technically, he said he doesn't remember the rehearsal the same way she does. So, he obviously doesn't take full ownership of her claims...and he shouldn't if he doesn't think her claims are correct.

He apologized for the photo though.

Apparently, he is calling for an ethics investigation into himself -- although I don't think it will be meaningful, at all. I highly doubt she can prove anything beyond her claims and the photo that seems to support them.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: visitedbythem

If Trump did that, what would your statement be?
I notice the [people on the right are more honest. Those on the left seem to have some serious morality problems. The left uses the "Ends justify the means" method. That says a lot about them.

I would say the exact same thing.

Not me!
I would say remove Trump from office for a stunt like that. These people are on the job and so is he

you would remove trump from office if this were a photo of him.

then why did you elect him after he bragged about walking in on unsuspecting women dressing because he could? or, kissing women without asking? or, grabbing their privates because he's a star.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Here is what we already knew about Al Franken, from his own memoir:

Specifically, Franken says he regrets ever apologizing for a horrifically unfunny “joke” about raping journalist Lesley Stahl. Franken says he only apologized to get elected — he was never truly sorry.

“I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then, when Lesley’s passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her. When she passes out, I put her in various positions and take pictures of her,” said Franken apparently joking.

Washington Feed

Fox News
edit on b000000302017-11-16T13:07:51-06:0001America/ChicagoThu, 16 Nov 2017 13:07:51 -0600100000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I just want to know what the other people present at the time have to say. That will be very illuminating.

Disgusting and despicable actions from anyone is unacceptable. But when that person is occupying a public office, it becomes that much more egregious.

Anyone conducting themselves in such a way doesn't deserve a position of public trust - they have shown they are not worthy of it.

There is frankly evidence supporting her claims. Even if "just" the tongue part were true, it is still enough to force his resignation. This likely occurred on a US military installation, automatically making it FBI jurisdiction (I believe). That may be the case anyhow, since he is a public official. It also doesn't appear to have occurred in any US State or Territory, so Federal would be the only means I can see to prosecute criminally.

Nevertheless, he should step down.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

So that is OK, but being recorded in secret making comments isn't?

Define "OK"??

Me not saying thank you for a Christmas Present is not OK.
Being rude to your mother is not OK.
Having a picture taken while trying to be funny and pretending you are groping a woman or man is not OK.
Bragging about how wealth or celebrity entitles you to grope women without permission is not OK.
Trying to rape a 14 year old girl is not OK.
An adult trying to have sex with a 14 year old boy is not OK.
Ad Infinitum ..

Pretending that all of those things are equal and binary (OK or not OK) ? NOT OK.

We are able to respect others and hold people accountable without abandoning logic or reason.

edit on 16-11-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Yes.

..and because talk is cheap, but a picture tells a thousand words. Oh, and because free speech. You have the right to say disgusting things. You do not have the right to commit battery or sexually batter someone.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

walking in on women dressing and then bragging about it...

edit on 16-11-2017 by knoxie because: nvm

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

No.

Nice deflection, but you know exactly what I mean. I won't get hung up on semantics. Respectfully, either address the question or move on to arguing with someone else.

You exonerate Franken because you claim "he was just pretending" yet crucify Trump for some statements made. Thing is, whoever recorded Trump did so maliciously with the intent to cause him harm. How do you know the conversation wasn't selectively edited or taken out of context? You don't. Because there are no alleged victims coming forward with any testimony or evidence regarding that tape and its claims.

There are both evidence and witnesses statements in this case. A totally different ballgame.
edit on 11/16/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/16/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Where is the evidence that occurred?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So, that somehow excuses it? Does this sort of behavior suddenly disappear from the record when elected to high office?

No, he wasn't yet a Senator at the time. Oops, my mistake.

Doesn't change anything about the inappropriate behavior, at all.

Would you care to make a wager that that sort of behavior wasn't the first time, or the last?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Your link is broken...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Looks like Al may be the next politician in line for leaving politics...

Yeah, if only everyone that got called out on this bs would do the honorable thing and resign this would be a much better world.
Trump
weinstein
cosby
franken
moore
The rest....
And it's not just the rich and powerful ether. We all know guys like this that we don't call out.
They will never get in any real trouble for this stuff. If we were real men in this country we would be marching on DC demanding their resignations. Their are no brave men left in this country though.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join