It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It takes a special kind of strength to survive that. I don't have that strength that I am aware of, but know enough to understand through your example that some people do.

The world is full of people who make bad choices. What you experienced was not that, it was evil in the most meaningful sense of the word.

We both know Al Frankin is not that. He deserves consequences, but appropriate to his actions.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Intrepid asked me. I didn't tout some superior understanding.

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Thank you...I really should step away from this thread.

a reply to: texasgirl

Thanks, TG. I appreciate it.

a reply to: intrepid
It's not the worst thing I've ever heard of...but I don't think this woman is conflating the situation to the detriment of *real* victims.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: intrepid

Oh, do you look at the women's breasts you are photographed *groping* while they sleep?

What? Again that makes no sense.

BTW I'm 55. The only breasts I look at are chicken.

Have you had an experience and it's bothering you? Not being mean here.

Absolutely.

I was kidnapped, raped, and nearly hung from a tree by an extension cord when I was 15. I survived by telling the guy I loved him even though I was gagged with my own bra.

Am I allowed to not agree this was just a harmless joke now that should be tolerated?

I'm very sorry you went through that. How awful.

MME asked that people delete her quoted comment on that story.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Edit
Nevermind
I deleted mine comments that have quotes of Mme unfortunate experience.
edit on 16-11-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

She's not a Trump supporter. She's a social liberal.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: intrepid

Oh, do you look at the women's breasts you are photographed *groping* while they sleep?

What? Again that makes no sense.

BTW I'm 55. The only breasts I look at are chicken.

Have you had an experience and it's bothering you? Not being mean here.

Absolutely.

I was kidnapped, raped, and nearly hung from a tree by an extension cord when I was 15. I survived by telling the guy I loved him even though I was gagged with my own bra.

Am I allowed to not agree this was just a harmless joke now that should be tolerated?

I'm very sorry you went through that. How awful.

MME asked that people delete her quoted comment on that story.

Done.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The most reasonable person is the woman who was photographed. Because her opinion is all that matters. She was working with Franken and he crossed a line....while she was sleeping.

My advice is that no one tries anything like this with a coworker...unless you want to be fired or sued.

I agree he crossed a professional line. What he did was stupid, ugly, and disrespectful. What it isn't, however, is an example of groping and breast grabbing, as claimed by this reasonable person.

But that's your opinion. I do believe his fingers are grazing her chest.

Through an inch thick steel plated vest designed to stop high velocity shrapnel and bullets? Sure.

Why is what she is wearing even remotely relevant.

God this is a dumb argument.

Yes it is a dumb argument.

Typically when human beings seek sexual excitement through physical contact, a thick steel plate and lesser density things like walls and the exterior of the chopper this woman was flying in interfere with the actual "contact" and intended sexual "contact".

So does touching the exterior of steel plate or surface that might or might not have some body part on the other side qualify as groping?

Shall we run an experiment to see how much sensation to breast or pinky finger tip might be able to be sensed through a steel plate?

YES..a dumb effen conversation.

It is a gag photo in bad taste.

It is NOT groping unless the Steel plate wants to file suit.

Actually sex crimes and sexual harassment are about satisfying a need to feel powerful. Not about sexual gratification.

They are not mutually exclusive.

I am not debating Al Frankins guilt, only what he is guilty of.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Grabbing her by the head and shoving his tongue down her throat is an assault. The picture only shows his true intent. And yes you are arguing his guilt just admit it. Its ok to say i agree with his behavior.
edit on 11/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I wonder if there is a woman over the age of 30 who has not had a man stick an unwanted tongue in her mouth.
With his hand on the back of her head. I have had that icky experience.

edit on 11/16/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I wonder if there is a woman over the age of 30 who has not had a man stick an unwanted tongue in her mouth.

Yes there is you just ran across a scum bag. A real man doesnt force a woman to do anything.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yes there is you just ran across a scum bag. A real man doesnt force a woman to do anything.

Damn right.

Any man that does this needs to be called out.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It looks like he was kidding around, to me.

Well he is a comedian...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Franken must GO!
No argument.
Credible Accusation + Evidence (photo) = GUILT

What about Trump? There was audio evidence against him? Fair is fair, right?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I am sorry that a woman was sexually assaulted. That is never right.

But on the heels of Moore, Franken getting busted like this brings an evil amount of joy and watching the political body step all over their collective dicks has been quite amusing.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
this will hurt him as it should.

or, is this considered locker room play??

www.kabc.com...

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth. I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.

Doesn't sound like locker room talk or play leading up to the photo.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
trump on howard stern bragging about walking in on teens while they're dressing -

“You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’” he continued. “And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of GET AWAY with things like that.”

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
“I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her,” Trump says. “You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.” trump

there is also the teen contestant who complained to Ivanka saying her dad comes into the dressing room when some of the girls are undressed. Ivanka's reply was "Yeah he does that."
edit on 16-11-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

New York Magazine reported at the time. As the team batted ideas around, Franken suggested that the pills might be used by Rooney to drug Lesley Stahl (pictured bottom-right) at which point he would 'take her to the closet and rape her'. The article has resurfaced in the wake of claims by model-turned-radio-presenter Leeann Tweeden (seen bottom-right today) that Franken forced a kiss on her and posed for a photo (top) pretending to grope her breasts while she was sleeping during a 2006 USO tour.

DM

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

New York Magazine reported at the time. As the team batted ideas around, Franken suggested that the pills might be used by Rooney to drug Lesley Stahl (pictured bottom-right) at which point he would 'take her to the closet and rape her'. The article has resurfaced in the wake of claims by model-turned-radio-presenter Leeann Tweeden (seen bottom-right today) that Franken forced a kiss on her and posed for a photo (top) pretending to grope her breasts while she was sleeping during a 2006 USO tour.

DM

I posted earlier in this thread that the lady in that Al Franken assault photo looked to be drugged. Not merely asleep.

Good find!

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join